Indian Motorcycle Community

For Those Bitching About Fading Leather

We just need to keep things in perspective......HD has done several recalls, including a "DO NOT RIDE" warning. Now there is a class action lawsuit over the coolant leaks that HD denies are happening. Right now it's only on their CVO bikes, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the mortal HD's as well.

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/08/30/class-action-lawsuit-alleges-harley-cvo-limited-motorcycles-leak-engine-coolant/

Come on, in all seriousness - we haven't had a major recall, no serious issues, no "do not ride" warnings. Indian is not perfect, but a lot of the bitching is about relatively small stuff compared to having a $40k+ bike pissing coolant all over the floor and HD is ignoring the problem.

• Like 1

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Yq62vex8g

Not to be confused with these 7 Pee's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voKclY9ni1E

Frankly My deah, I don't give a dime what HD&Co do. :no:

• Like 2

Yet you are so compelled to keep posting in the thread. I don't really care about HD either, but I do think it puts our bitching into perspective.

• Like 1

Just because no one has been put in harm's way because of Polaris going cheap on the saddle isn't a reason to forgive nor ignore the issue. As I pointed out before, this isn't even comparable to a new design piece within the mechanics of the motorcycle: it is the saddle. It should be literally be one of the last things a rider needs to worry about failing.

Here's the bitching put into perspective: you've purchased a new motorcycle with a warranty that the company claims doesn't cover something as simple as the saddle and the stop-gap measurement offered seems to fail nearly as quickly as the original work done by the factory. Your next recourse on your issue with a less-than-year-old motorcycle is see seek justice through the courts against a multi-billion dollar company. To replace these items on your motorcycle, Polaris wants $1350 for the saddlebags and $700 for the solo saddle. Are you asking people to write off the first $2000 of their newly purchased motorcycles simply because you don't think this is being kept within your narrow perspective? We are talking the failure of nearly 10% of the price of the motorcycle.

Once again, I put it to everyone on this forum that our input on matters such as this will help define and improve future and possibly current Polaris-made Indian motorcycles. If we simply sit back and take their weak offerings, we have no one to blame for their complacency.

With all due respect, Labrat, you are way off base in asking these guys to put things into perspective. This forum was created to give people the voice and forum to speak their minds and get things sorted out on their machines.

• Like 8

I agree, but you have to admit for a first year, clean slate design, they did pretty damn well. No company is flawless and all should be held to the fire, but shit could be a lot worse.

I agree, but you have to admit for a first year, clean slate design, they did pretty damn well. No company is flawless and all should be held to the fire, but shit could be a lot worse.

No, I don't have to agree to that at all. They failed on a very simple aspect of the motorcycle and are currently providing no warranty coverage. I find that extremely unacceptable. They are not a start up company. They do not have these issues on the saddles for the Victory bikes nor have I heard issues with other established manufacturers having this issue. The saddle design is not a new clean slate element.

• Like 4

Who else is putting leather seats on their bikes as stock? How long did it take them to talk about their kit? Quite a while. Ok, their solution doesn't work, but I'm not ready to throw them under the bus quite yet. It sucks and should be fixed quickly, but in the grand scheme of thinks I would take fading leather over having to take my bike in time and time again for recalls and leaking coolant.

You are saying that because you aren't having to deal with it. If you were faced with dropping $2000 on your new bike to replace something stock and supposedly covered under warranty, you'd be singing a different tune as well.

As for your first question: Titan was...Gilroy was...Kings Mountain was...Bourget was...need I go on?

The kit doesn't work and we've already had one owner told that this isn't a warranty issue.

Your coolant leak comparison is insulting at best. At least HD is managing that work under the warranties. Polaris isn't. There's also the difference, as I pointed out earlier, between difficult mechanics and systems and a simple saddle. End of comparison.

• Like 2

We agree to disagree. For me, life's too short to bitch too much about the little stuff. If I had to deal with the zombie leather, I would have dealt with it myself as several others have done with good results.

• Like 1

Cool. So you can write $2000 off the price of your bike without a problem. Nice to know you have low standards for how you spend your cash. I am sure others on this forum enjoy being told they should end their bitching by someone of those standards. I would suggest, since you really don't have a dog in this fight, that you simply give the owners having this problem the room with which to deal with their problem on this forum instead of berating them with threads such as this. In the end, it doesn't help anyone.

• Like 3

Don't get in a snit, you have completely missed interpreted what I said and have blown it out of proportion. I NEVER said that the leather wasn't an issue. I NEVER said that Indian can ignore this issue. I NEVER said people shouldn't be complaining about it. What I did say is that if I had to choose, I'd rather have fading leather than have to take the bike into the dealer, in many cases trailered to the dealer to have serious recalls fixed.

Personally I think it pretty fucking funny with all the trash talking the HD folks do about anything other than Harley - that they have recall after recall and now a class action suit against them for not being able to fix the issue on some bikes.

It's a motorcycle. Get on and ride it. Stop whining.

I have not fretted one iota about the distressed leather. I'm not distressed in the least. :grin:

• Like 1

Don't get in a snit, you have completely missed interpreted what I said and have blown it out of proportion. I NEVER said that the leather wasn't an issue. I NEVER said that Indian can ignore this issue. I NEVER said people shouldn't be complaining about it. What I did say is that if I had to choose, I'd rather have fading leather than have to take the bike into the dealer, in many cases trailered to the dealer to have serious recalls fixed.

Personally I think it pretty fucking funny with all the trash talking the HD folks do about anything other than Harley - that they have recall after recall and now a class action suit against them for not being able to fix the issue on some bikes.

Not in a snit. I am responding to your posts and to PMs I have received from people that think you are out of line. Feel free to tow the Polaris apologist line but don't come onto this forum and tell people that they need to put their problems into perspective against something as inane as what you offered. Again, and this will be the last time I advise you of this, if you don't have a dog in the fight, stay out of posting derogatory threads commenting on other people's problems. We are here to support and help one another, not direct them how to feel about their purchase simply because you feel there are worse things in this world to consider.

• Like 3

How troubling is this leather issue for Polaris? They could take the slightest percentage of their daily profit as in, one in one millionth of one percent of their daily profit and replace every effected saddle bag but they won't. Polaris needs their ass kicked in regards to this issue and the only people who are able to do that are the current owners, now get to it.

Not in a snit. I am responding to your posts and to PMs I have received from people that think you are out of line. Feel free to tow the Polaris apologist line but don't come onto this forum and tell people that they need to put their problems into perspective against something as inane as what you offered. Again, and this will be the last time I advise you of this, if you don't have a dog in the fight, stay out of posting derogatory threads commenting on other people's problems. We are here to support and help one another, not direct them how to feel about their purchase simply because you feel there are worse things in this world to consider.

Wow.. I can't believe people are emailing you bitching about someone saying get over the leather fade... not that I'm calling you a liar... but that I can't believe people.... I go back to the days of Gilroy and the PP100 and some of the shit was thrown around then..... I don't know maybe you got emails then too.... but if this is really the case... I'm getting more and more in line with Eddie that opening the flood gates to the masses makes our little community of misfits and motherfuckers less fun....

My last comment on this will be to the emailers... grow some fucking skin or go somewhere else....

Wow.. I can't believe people are emailing you bitching about someone saying get over the leather fade... not that I'm calling you a liar... but that I can't believe people.... I go back to the days of Gilroy and the PP100 and some of the shit was thrown around then..... I don't know maybe you got emails then too.... but if this is really the case... I'm getting more and more in line with Eddie that opening the flood gates to the masses makes our little community of misfits and motherfuckers less fun....

My last comment on this will be to the emailers... grow some fucking skin or go somewhere else....

agree..what a bunch of pussies if they cant take LabRats very tame comments.......wow.... Indian Rider's...wearing their pussies on their sleeves! :)

Edited by Brock
  • Like 3

agree..what a bunch of pussies if they cant take LabRats very tame comments.......wow.... Indian Rider's...wearing their pussies on their sleeves! :)

yeah.. .makes my pussy hurt just thinking about it....

and I forgot all the shit I threw around about KM's .... wow bet they got some emails...

Edited by stu

Yup. Just trying to keep the peace. Move along...nothing to see here.

:moped::moped::moped:

• Like 1