Indian Motorcycle Community

Friday night the wife & I went up to a local dive that overlooks the super-slab for dinner, on our way out thefront door I noticed that the freeway was closed in both directions... this sux bad as this is one of the main roads between the San Fernando Valley & the Ocean, I walk accross the street and see what looks like a sport bike on a flat-bed & a yellow sheet over a rider down.

It is said in yesterdays paper that the rider, the two cars in front of him & the cars behind him were running a bit too fast when traffic came to a stop. Some will blame the bike rider, some will blame the cars, some will say shit happens.

I say it is always tragic when a life is lost no matter who is at fault, I do my best to stay off the super-slabs (unless long distance traveling) I don't split lanes unless traffic is stopped (and then only @ 10-15mph) And I keep a concentration level that It is not fun.

Ride safe, have fun & THINK while your doing it...

• Like 4

Sorry for your after dinner experience..

Nearly had one of those the other morning,

took a second too long for me to recognize the

situation unfolding in front of me; panic stop,

sliding and, closing with the vehicles in front of me..

Was lucky, too close for my morning commute..

Always expect the unexpected,

Dave

• Like 1

Still think "Brakes are over-rated"? :nod:

LOL, I have great brakes on my scoots, I think this was all about not being aware of your surroundings & changing traffic conditions, can't tell what others are going to do...

Never ride faster than your ability or faster than your guardian angel can fly :rauch08:

• Like 1

Sadly the sport bikes in our neck of the woods are the bikes that make stupid decisions in traffic as in 10-20 mph faster than traffic, lane changes right in front of cars using no signals. With the price of fuel being what it is I think students or younger people with tight budgets and zero riding experience are the people buying the cheap transportation with devastating effects unfortunately.

I have ridden a couple sports bikes in the past and to be honest just sitting on the bike leaning over going down the road makes me want to go faster. Sir Hasbin sorry you and your lovely wife had to add this tragedy to your memory bank. Family of the person who lost their life in the accident, I'm sorry for your loss. Everyone losses in this event. Ride safe so you can dream about it later.

We had an organ donor & his squeeze on a demo ride yesterday.

He wove in & out of the lanes passing 6 other riders ~ a true asshat on wheels.

1538794_705574046149242_2059252457_n.jpg

Top Ten Things Motorcyclists Should Avoid

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/top-ten-things-motorcyclists-should-avoid.html

1. “Stay-away from that front brake or you’ll go-over the bars!”

There is an abundance of information available to today’s riders,

but some of it is plainly false and even harmful, like that misleading front-brake chestnut above, or the old “Lay her down!”

No, short of total brake failure when approaching a cliff or wall,

you should just about never deliberately crash or otherwise abandon your motorcycle.

Here is a list of 10 more things to avoid as you ride through your happy lives:

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/top-ten-things-motorcyclists-should-avoid.html/2

5-stink-eye.jpg

Sorry for your after dinner experience..

Nearly had one of those the other morning,

took a second too long for me to recognize the

situation unfolding in front of me; panic stop,

sliding and, closing with the vehicles in front of me..

Was lucky, too close for my morning commute..

Always expect the unexpected,

Dave

Glad you made it Dave, I don't know how you ride in Hot'lanta to work. I would buy an Abrams tank.

• Like 2

Glad you made it Dave, I don't know how you ride in Hot'lanta to work. I would buy an Abrams tank.

Not a day goes by that a rider doesn't hit the pavement on the freeways around the greater LA area, I wouldn't ride in that shit for any amount of money :no:

On our ride yesterday we were heading north on a two lane and I watched a rider go down heading south ... I saw it before he did. He walked away with some road rash but it could have gone much worse. He was going too fast and too close and had to panic stop.

Since he only hurt himself I didn't give him too much shit but did suggest that he not follow so close in the future AND pay more attention to what he cars in front of him are doing.

He was on a dual purpose. All we had to do (after cleaning up his road rash) was zip tied his kickstand so he could ride home.

10574243_10203156147799496_3181975899687

LOL, I have great brakes on my scoots, I think this was all about not being aware of your surroundings & changing traffic conditions, can't tell what others are going to do...

Never ride faster than your ability or faster than your guardian angel can fly :rauch08:

I think a lot of riders don't leave enough space in front of them and so don't have time to react when shit happens.

My father always used to tell me to give people enough room to be stupid in.

• Like 4

I do my best to stay off the super-slabs (unless long distance traveling) I don't split lanes unless traffic is stopped (and then only @ 10-15mph) And I keep a concentration level that It is not fun.

Ride safe, have fun & THINK while your doing it...

Statistically, lane splitting is said to be more safe then non lane splitting. They've tried to make splitting illegal in CA a few times, and every time the data has shown that although lane splitting causes more collisions, there are fewer fatalities because of it.

I think a lot of riders don't leave enough space in front of them and so don't have time to react when shit happens.

My father always used to tell me to give people enough room to be stupid in.

Good advice

Gotten to where I hate all that concrete ( City Freeways ). On the rare occasions I'm forced into it , give me that far left fast lane ( assuming no HOV avail ) , so I can get there quicker, and only have to beware cagers from one side.

I was on a group ride recently and watched 60+ bikes attempting to merge into traffic on that concrete..... ugly

Seems like an almost daily occurance in Las Vegas, NV that someone gets injured / killed on a bike.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/search/site/motorcycle?f%5B0%5D=bundle%3Aarticle

Damned!!! Few too many news stories ( biker crashes/deaths) , in short time span, for my liking..