Indian Motorcycle Community

I Miss The Teardrop

I was very happy when Polaris bought the Indian brand. I have reservations (like how they really price the Victory accessories and I was fearful Indian would follow suit) but overall I was confident the brand was finally destine to shine. It has been about 3 years since I parted with my '02 Chief and lately I've really been missing it. NOT the repairs, how it ran when it ran.

I am going to be in Elgin, IL this weekend to ride the new Scout but I just don't know. As silly as this might sound, the Spirit Lake Indians don't look like my Chief and it is hard for me to get "break open my piggy bank" passionate about them and it is partly due to the round headlight. Every flippin' manufacture puts out a round light, when I used to look at my old Chief and see it "looking" back at me, all I heard was "Let's RIDE!" I just don't feel that with these new ones.

Sure, I could buy another Gilroy Chief but I won't. Too much of a head ache for me to feel it would be trustworthy. I could pick up a KM bike but the used ones are still made of gold and I'm not up for picking up a used bike when I know how I ride.

I am just venting. Perhaps Indian will produce another bike to make me go broke but until then I'll just keep tooling around on my zero problem, zero wrenching, Victory. Heck, by 40K on the Chief, I'd already replaced the engine for the third time so I guess I'm ahead.

So, am I the only kook out here?

Ride safe.

Teardrop was a Gilroy look. I grew to like it but I don't miss it on the new Polaris Indians. I liked the Centennial Scouts when they released those because they went back to the original round headlamps Springfield Indian had.

• Like 1

Teardrop was a Gilroy look. I grew to like it but I don't miss it on the new Polaris Indians. I liked the Centennial Scouts when they released those because they went back to the original round headlamps Springfield Indian had.

:How-Rude::fucktard:

• Like 1

One thing about it you're not the only one that prefers the teardrop look.

Yes I'm with ya about some of the styling q'z PI made.Esp. doing away with the teardrop head light.

I've had my KM bike almost 5 years,and yes with all the newness,and excitement of the new bikes,I thouht of traden it in for a new one,"but"the new onez just don't have that look the Gilroy/KM bikes have.

Like u maybe they come out with what will intest me enough to buy again in the future.

Still got my rare black over red '02 Roadmaster. One of the grandkids is going to inherit it. Still can't get used to the teardrop headlight, but everyone else loves it. They'll be collectible someday, not in my lifetime tho, unless I live to 80. :grin: Hope to be riding it if I do. :outdoor:

I bought my 03 Spirit before I knew that they didn't ALL have teardrop lights. I liked it so much that I even brought teardrop spots for either side. Think they're coooool. But it sure won't be a deal breaker that stops me from buying one of the new machines. Guess I could always buy a teardrop and retrofit, like everything else on my current bike. Guess you just have to expect that when you by a bike that isn't made anymore

lights1_zps7a767f2d.jpg

I must be one of the few that never liked the teardrop headlight. Mine fell off/ weld broke off of the bracket 3 weeks after I bought it back in 2001.

Gilroy was great and sent me a brand new one I still have in the box. But I had already replaced it with a bullet style headlight and never put the new teardrop on.

I think they look good on the Chief incased in the big chrome housing, but don't like the bare look of it on the Scout.

Edited by INDIAN KEVIN