Indian Motorcycle Community

North West 2014

I landed in the Black Hills @ Spearfish. Nice ride up, warm temps and no rain (for a change).

DSC03639_zps8c3a9492.jpg

• Like 1

Devil's Tower is a 500 mile ride from Great Falls, MT. What kind of zoom lens are you using? :Stan:

It's a throttle twist zoom lens. I rode from Spearfish to Great Falls that day... the next day from Great Falls to Spokane Valley WA via US-2. The next day Spokane Valley to Aberdeen WA. The next day from Aberdeen to Gold Beach OR. Today from Gold Beach to Livermore CA.

I'm just going to putt around here tomorrow and will head home on Saturday.

From today

DSC03827_zps3a44c4a0.jpg

It's a throttle twist zoom lens. I rode from Spearfish to Great Falls that day... the next day from Great Falls to Spokane Valley WA via US-2. The next day Spokane Valley to Aberdeen WA. The next day from Aberdeen to Gold Beach OR. Today from Gold Beach to Livermore CA.

I'm just going to putt around here tomorrow and will head home on Saturday.

From today

DSC03827_zps3a44c4a0.jpg

Some nice riding there. I'd offer to meet you for a beer today but can't due to prior engagements. Maybe next time. What is your planned route for the ride back?

• Like 1

I'll be heading east first thing tomorrow morning... uncertain which way I'll go - usually I take I-80 to Fallon NV then head east on US-50, and eventually hook up with I-70... that route is getting old though. I've not taken I-80 to Salt Lake, then US-40 into Colorado for awhile, so I'm thinking of going that way this time.

My daughter lives in Dublin, so I come out here at least once a year. When that happens depends and varies a lot. Let's try for next time.

Great pictures Ken. How is that motorsickle running?

I'll be heading east first thing tomorrow morning... uncertain which way I'll go - usually I take I-80 to Fallon NV then head east on US-50, and eventually hook up with I-70... that route is getting old though. I've not taken I-80 to Salt Lake, then US-40 into Colorado for awhile, so I'm thinking of going that way this time.

My daughter lives in Dublin, so I come out here at least once a year. When that happens depends and varies a lot. Let's try for next time.

My favorite route through that area is 50 to Delta, UT then 6 until if runs into I-15. A short ride to Spanish Fork where you pick up 6 again. It eventually runs into 191 where I had the choice of going south to I-70 or North to Vernal, UT and US40. I much prefer 40 but it depends on where in CO I'm going. Regardless I love riding through UT as long as I stay off the interstate. That stretch of I-80 from Salt Lake City to Wendover is the most boring road in the country. Used to see how close I could draft behind the big rigs just to keep me awake.

Wherever you go, be safe and enjoy.

MPlate & Ken, I like hearing from the long-distance Indian riders (and have been know to ride along for a bit to make sure they safely clear the State line)...

Let's start a fund to buy Ken a tan backrest bag and tank bag- I'm in for a fin...

• Like 1

If that back rest bag had the IIRA logo on it from joe @ horndawg.....I'm in!

you've got the same set up I do. It works well enough. Kind of like "Chrome don't get you home" :grin:

Ahh Ken, it's been two days, you need to check-in here every day with pics & to let us know all is well... :SmackBottom:

Ahh Ken, it's been two days, you need to check-in here every day with pics & to let us know all is well... :SmackBottom:

I hadn't taken the I-80 route in years and decided to go that route back home. West Wyoming was wetter than I've ever seen it... all the creeks and rivers were full of water and the hills were all green...

Of course I fought a cross wind with 50 mph gusts the whole way across the state.

Anyway I'm back home now - arrived on Sunday (8/24)... my bike looks like it's covered with "fur"... insect guts... some of them damned big.. I dug several smashed dragon flies out of my headlamp nacelle...

The leather faded quickly (as I posted about in the TS111 forum) and I'm pretty pissed about that.

One more thing though.

On this trip I took CA-1 out of Leggett and down the Mendocino coast.. a great ride that I've not taken in many many years. I forgot how challenging that road can be. I pressed my bike a bit and she handled it very well... these bikes handle really well.

Anyway if anyone here wants a fun and challenging ride check this out:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=39.8681584,-123.7136224&daddr=42728+Shoreline+Hwy,+Westport,+CA+95488&ll=39.795876,-123.75412&spn=0.177791,0.274658&geocode=Ff5WYAIdqkeg-A%3BFZvxXQId8uae-Cn7fTmytyqAgDFfog8lk9RETg&dirflg=d&t=m&z=12