Indian Motorcycle Community

Robin Williams

Mork from Ork...signing off.

c-morkandmindy.jpg

Hmmm......well, he either hung himself or followed the David Carradine playbook......

Either way, I'm sorry for the family but not him.

• Like 4

Sad.

After Mork he became full of himself and I stopped being a fan, or maybe because I quit weed he wasn't funny anymore as chemicals have a way of altering perspectives. I still would not wish this on his family. Very sad as he had the resources to get help, many do not have that option.

• Like 5

Sad deal, he was quite a talent and made millions laugh and that's a good thing

However when I hear of somebody doing that, I can only think of people that right now are fighting for a fee more minutes with their family and friends, fight to see one more sunset or sunrise

May his family find some comfort and his soul find peace

• Like 5

Sad deal, he was quite a talent and made millions laugh and that's a good thing

However when I hear of somebody doing that, I can only think of people that right now are fighting for a fee more minutes with their family and friends, fight to see one more sunset or sunrise

May his family find some comfort and his soul find peace

depression and mental illness are hard to understand.
  • Like 2

He fucking "tweeted" his daughter happy birthday greetings, I prefer taking mine out to dinner and buying her what ever she fucking wants.

• Like 3

I feel sorry for his family. He needed to remain on this earth for them.

I never thought he was funny either. Mainly because he stole Jonathon Winter's persona from the beginning.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for his family. He needed to remain on this earth for them.

I never thought he was funny either. Mainly because he stole Jonathon Winter's persona from the beginning.

He and Jonathon Winters were great friends and Winters was his mentor. Doubt that he thought his persona was stolen. Very few comedian out there have that free-style comedic persona but those two had it in spades. As was said, mental illness/depression is hard to fathom. He was an addict as well. Sorry to see him lose the battle in the end.

• Like 2

Sad indeed,

thanks for the laughs Robin..

R I P ,

Dave

He and Jonathon Winters were great friends and Winters was his mentor. Doubt that he thought his persona was stolen. Very few comedian out there have that free-style comedic persona but those two had it in spades. As was said, mental illness/depression is hard to fathom. He was an addict as well. Sorry to see him lose the battle in the end.

I lived Winters. If you want a gut wrenching laugh, watch "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" Last appearance of the Stooges on film.

• Like 1

I lived Winters. If you want a gut wrenching laugh, watch "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" Last appearance of the Stooges on film.

BEST MOVIE EVER!!, this is my favorite scene, "press the button marked booze"

• Like 1

alot of comedians suffer deep depression .

life of depression + drugs + booze followed by meds and rehab , no one knows what he was going thru , everyones on the out side looking in

I wonder if he was on any meds. Had a good friend going through depression and was put on Paxil. His wife was a nurse and within days of starting on the drug, he kept telling his wife that he just didn't feel right. She said, as is common, that the drug needs to build up on your system and all would be well. Unfortunately, that morning after she left for work and the kids to school, he ate his service revolver. A lot of people on psychoactive drugs turn to suicide and nearly all of these nut cases that go on mass shootings, besides being liberals, are on or have been on these drugs.

• Like 1

I wonder if he was on any meds. Had a good friend going through depression and was put on Paxil. His wife was a nurse and within days of starting on the drug, he kept telling his wife that he just didn't feel right. She said, as is common, that the drug needs to build up on your system and all would be well. Unfortunately, that morning after she left for work and the kids to school, he ate his service revolver. A lot of people on psychoactive drugs turn to suicide and nearly all of these nut cases that go on mass shootings, besides being liberals, are on or have been on these drugs.

Most likely he was.

http://www.infowars.com/was-robin-williams-on-suicide-pills/

There are different kinds of depression and should be treated differently. But, most of the time, at one point or another, the cause of the depression returns or was never gone or the drugs masked the cause for a while. I think the struggle with life's problem is healthy and it helps you cope. People did it for millions of years. When you mask problems with drugs, when they return, it is even harder to deal with them. Either that or accept being a zombie the rest of your life. The multitudes of anti-depression meds out there don't make the problems go away, they don't fix the depression, they just make you not give a shit. Eventually the feel good stuff in your brain runs out.

Edited by badndn
  • Like 1

There are different kinds of depression and should be treated differently. But, most of the time, at one point or another, the cause of the depression returns or was never gone or the drugs masked the cause for a while. I think the struggle with life's problem is healthy and it helps you cope. People did it for millions of years. When you mask problems with drugs, when they return, it is even harder to deal with them. Either that or accept being a zombie the rest of your life. The multitudes of anti-depression meds out there don't make the problems go away, they don't fix the depression, they just make you not give a shit. Eventually the feel good stuff in your brain runs out.

Chemical solutions to spiritual problems. I agree with you Eddie. I do not know Robin Williams, I never assessed Robin WIlliams. I do know that in general terms when someone presents with depression and substance abuse issues it is desirable to remove the substance being abused prior to tossing medications at them to see what sticks. This can be accomplished in 30 days or less depending on the co-occurring disorders the individual may be experiencing. If it is a disorder with major implications such as Schizoaffective disorder it should become obvious well before that timeframe, however it should be noted that chemical dependency can mimic a myriad of psychological disorders that should be diagnosed prior to whipping the prescription pad out. This is not always an easy task and usually takes the expertise of a multi-disciplinary team, not just one individual discipline who may have a bias of etiology. I have seen in my experience numerous cases where this occurs end in disaster. This is my opinion only, again I never met the man and I am offering a hypothetical solution to similar cases I have been familiar with. Charlie and Brian, did I word that correctly?