Indian Motorcycle Community

Alabama may be new indian factory home!!!

Gilroy Dispatch

"visited Anniston, Ala., where the state is known to give away huge tax breaks and where industries are sometimes offered free land, buildings and cash."

"Deep South discount

“Alabama is certainly on our list as well,” Julius said, describing his visit to Anniston. “I’d never been to Alabama before, but I love the place. It’s a very interesting environment.”

At the Alabama Development Office, which recruits industry and has the authority to offer incentive packages, Director Neil Wade said he had sent Stellican information about relocating in the state.

“We are absolutely going to make sure that the new owners know that Alabama would be a great place for them to locate,” he said. “Beyond that, nothing has really happened at this point.”

In June 2003, Indian executives seriously entertained the idea of moving to the Barber Motorsports Park outside Birmingham, Alabama’s largest city. The Motorcycle News Wire reported that Indian was looking for at least $1 million in incentives.

Wade said he was “disappointed” when that deal fell through, “but we’re excited to see that they have been bought and that there might be some potential opportunities down the road.”

"While nowhere in California can hope to offer the same business incentives or low labor costs as Alabama,"

"Labor costs in Silicon Valley, based largely on cost of living, are among the nation’s highest. In Gilroy in July, the median price of a single-family home was $615,000, according to the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors. In Manatee County, it was $216,900 as of May, according to the county’s Economic Development Council."

"Nevertheless, Nofrey said that when a Stellican official asked him what Indian should not do if it wants to survive, he told them “Don’t go Florida.” Why? Rust.

“You’re dealing with metal,” Nofrey said. “It’s a salty state. It’s too close to the ocean. It’s too damp. You won’t get them built and shipped before they rust.”

"“The down side of Springfield is that, to date, the city and the state haven’t stepped up at all to welcome (Stellican) in,” Jensen said." :bvictory:  :D

isn't california close to an ocean? i mean...your's came with metal?

eric

Gilroy Dispatch

"visited Anniston, Ala., where the state is known to give away huge tax breaks and where industries are sometimes offered free land, buildings and cash."

"Deep South discount

“Alabama is certainly on our list as well,” Julius said, describing his visit to Anniston. “I’d never been to Alabama before, but I love the place. It’s a very interesting environment.”

At the Alabama Development Office, which recruits industry and has the authority to offer incentive packages, Director Neil Wade said he had sent Stellican information about relocating in the state.

“We are absolutely going to make sure that the new owners know that Alabama would be a great place for them to locate,” he said. “Beyond that, nothing has really happened at this point.”

In June 2003, Indian executives seriously entertained the idea of moving to the Barber Motorsports Park outside Birmingham, Alabama’s largest city. The Motorcycle News Wire reported that Indian was looking for at least $1 million in incentives.

Wade said he was “disappointed” when that deal fell through, “but we’re excited to see that they have been bought and that there might be some potential opportunities down the road.”

"While nowhere in California can hope to offer the same business incentives or low labor costs as Alabama,"

"Labor costs in Silicon Valley, based largely on cost of living, are among the nation’s highest. In Gilroy in July, the median price of a single-family home was $615,000, according to the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors. In Manatee County, it was $216,900 as of May, according to the county’s Economic Development Council."

"Nevertheless, Nofrey said that when a Stellican official asked him what Indian should not do if it wants to survive, he told them “Don’t go Florida.” Why? Rust.

“You’re dealing with metal,” Nofrey said. “It’s a salty state. It’s too close to the ocean. It’s too damp. You won’t get them built and shipped before they rust.”

"“The down side of Springfield is that, to date, the city and the state haven’t stepped up at all to welcome (Stellican) in,” Jensen said." :bvictory:  :D

You’re dealing with metal,” Nofrey said. “It’s a salty state. It’s too close to the ocean. It’s too damp. You won’t get them built and shipped before they rust.”

What a Dick,,,,,,,,, :nod:

the median home value in Springfield’s Hampden County was $117,400. In Anniston’s Calhoun County, it was a whoppingly low $71,600.

Roll TIDE Roll! :rasp:

Being an LSU Alum, I'll say the rest.....

"Roll Tide Roll...Round the bowl and down the hole".....Roll Tide Roll... :joker:

eric

$71,600??  

That must include the bass boat, the ATV, and the 4X4 pickup, 'cause trailers don't cost near that much!!

:laughlong:

I  hope Alabama gets them at the motor speedway...even though I would love it in SC...but unless Darlington speedway would let them host a rally there every now and then...I think Barber is best and more centrally located for rest of country to ride and visit.

I wish them luck...

One thing they should explore is the litigation rate.  Alabama loses companies all the time because of product liability claims.

And we all know about the product of the past?

They can't get Doctors to deliver babies in that state!  How would they expect Indian to deliver those new puppies! :bomb:

$71,600??  

That must include the bass boat, the ATV, and the 4X4 pickup, 'cause trailers don't cost near that much!!

:laughlong:

just bought a very nice three bedroom on a half acre for the stepson, in Eufalla Al.  69K$

You're dealing with metal, Nofrey said. It's a salty state. It's too close to the ocean. It's too damp. You won't get them built and shipped before they rust.

What a Dick,,,,,,,,, :nod:

:rotfl: If you think he's a dick long-distance, you should spend some time in person- you have no idea :bhi: My personal favorite was the one about his Chief going "150 with throttle to spare". Definitely had the "Crusty Brown Nose Award" at the sale- if Melvin's guys would've stopped quick, he'd have went in up to his waist :charger:

$71,000.00 ! You cant find a decent Garage in California for that price ! Well maybe , but you have to put the garage door on yourself! I live in Lompoc , California , mostly blue collar types here , the average home price is $425,000.00 , some crazy shit !

They can't get Doctors to deliver babies in that state!  How would they expect Indian to deliver those new puppies! :bomb:

Yeah but I think theres Laws there that prohibit's Nieces and Nephews from delivering there own Uncles or something like that

Snicker Snicker :shocked:

Yeah but I think theres Laws there that prohibit's Nieces and Nephews from delivering there own Uncles or something like that.

And their divorce laws are different too! If you get a divorce there, she is still your sister! :shocked:

Isn't it wrong -

That my mom's house she's lived in for 22 years -

Just appraised for less than my car cost?

3000spft - 4 bedrooms -

Sometimes I wonder why we put up with the CA cost-of-living -

Then I take a ride on PCH.

NOW I remember...

Thanks, Danny

Anniston, AL....

Anniston, Anniston....

:idea31:

Isn't there an Army munitions depot there?  I'm prety sure that's why that town name sounds familiar....

Anniston was the home of Ft. McClellan, but I think the Army shut down the base and it is now used by other agencies. I know DHS runs WMD training there for Law Enforcement and Firefighters.

If its in Bama they'l have to hire two work forces so they have coverage while they go fishin. My bets they'l go with with the skilled machinist work force in springfield since production numbers wont be high, quality will be a priority and it would add karma to the name. :nod:

Mercedes is buiding SUV's in Alabama. Huntsville built the rocket that got us to the moon. Birmingham is a leader in the medical research with UAB. Ya'll might have to put down the Sunday Comics and come to Alabama to discover the modern South.  :laughlong:

Archived