Indian Motorcycle Community

This Is What I'm Waiting For!

Found this on facebook, posted by he who shall not be named. I went to the website of the supposed mfr and NOTHING is listed for Indian.

sml_gallery_855_14_13467.jpg

I want some damn Indian stuff like this!!!

• Like 1

I smell a Cease and Desist letter.... Incoming!

Actually from Indian.

I smell a Cease and Desist letter.... Incoming!

Why would Polaris send a letter to Indian? These are factory items.

Why would Polaris send a letter to Indian? These are factory items.

Some people have been known go out and do these things on their own. A one time dealer in California comes to mind ... Mark was thinking these were not from the factory.

But you knew that, right?

Boutiques to soon follow!!!

There goes our uniqueness

They have a LONG way to go before they come close to the ubiquitous nature of HD and like it our not, it's damn good to have American, non-union manufacturing grow. They have to do this to grow and compete. Dealers need to be profitable to survive and this crap is very profitable.

Some people have been known go out and do these things on their own. A one time dealer in California comes to mind ... Mark was thinking these were not from the factory.

But you knew that, right?

I know and also know there's no love lost with that dealer - it is what it is. The fact that these came at the same time as the dealer meeting would have given an indication that they are factory authorized.

If so, how come the mfr's website doesn't reference ANY of it?

You mean the manufacturer who's website says the 2015 accessories won't fit the 2014's?

• Like 1

Nothing is interchangeable... It is a new ground up design.....

Oh..... I grew up in the 60's and 70's.... Still have occasional flashbacks...

I know and also know there's no love lost with that dealer

:evil:

Hmm. That's sorta like saying the Eiffel tower is a big building in Paris.

Technically correct, but not conveying the near entire expansiveness of the overall thing in question.

:evil:

Hmm. That's sorta like saying the Eiffel tower is a big building in Paris.

Technically correct, but not conveying the near entire expansiveness of the overall thing in question.

Well it got the point across. Didn't think anything else needed to be said.

I know and also know there's no love lost with that dealer - it is what it is. The fact that these came at the same time as the dealer meeting would have given an indication that they are factory authorized.

some dealers have also been known to create, sell and advertise things not yet approved or made RELEASABLE to the public by the mother ship.......just saying. :) Those details also were made public by a certain dealer as it coincided with the DEALERS MEETING in an apparent attempt to be the FIRST ONE TO SHARE A SECRET....we have seen it many times over the years...over and over so logical to assume it again.

Edited by Brock
  • Like 1

I agree Brock, but there are pictures of the items as well as pictures of the items in a professional brochure, i.e., catalog. No dealer would go through the trouble of creating a multi-page brochure for "bootleg" products that could get shut down at the drop of a hat.

You mean the manufacturer who's website says the 2015 accessories won't fit the 2014's?

No, I mean the mfr of the furniture in the picture that has all the logos, it's HollandBarstool.com

Maybe they are not selling them directly, but only through Indian dealers? IDK, just know they're out and based on all the other pictures posted, they came from the dealer meeting showing all the new schwagg.

You sure that's not a Cafe Press site?

Yes, There's are pictures of the full display along with a lot of the other new merchandise.

Did some checking.

It's a photo of a display at the dealer conference of some stuff that is not supposed to be publically disseminated yet.

Typical.

One of these days, doing that shit is going to get his ass in a sling that he can't get out of.

They yanked the Daytona dealer's franchise the week before Daytona for some similar shit.