Indian Motorcycle Community

Rider Down / Ross Tomas ( Kiwimotorycles)

Folks... for those that haven't heard, the Tomas's lost their son in a Bike accident last night.

All I know at this time

Holy shit.

Kiwi Family,

Our hearts are broken as we mourn the loss of our 20 year old son, “Kiwi Ross”.

He was involved in a motorcycle accident last night. He was wearing his helmet, but unfortunately did not survive.

Please allow our family time to grieve and some privacy at this time.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Service and other details will be announced soon.

Godspeed Ross

RIP

kiwiindian1.jpg

fam-bonne.jpg

10419560_10152522564391893_9164695957831

That is sad.

I sent them a quick email sending all our condolences.

My wife has become pretty good friends with Mike's wife over the years (ever since she told Mike he didn't talk like a Kiwi at Davenport a few years back). This is really sad, they are good people, salt of the earth. Mike has done much for our brand over the years and one of the 1st older era Indian guys to accept the newer bikes starting with the Gilroy years. RIP Ross, way too young.

• Like 1

The Tomas family at one of our IIRA meeting's at Tom's Farm about 10 years ago.

gallery_304_39_35368.jpg

gallery_304_39_41471.jpg

gallery_304_39_76917.jpg

Man that sucks..way too much of that going on these days....

Mike and Carolyn are great people! Very Tragic news...

Deepest Condolences to their family from The Iron Indian Riders Association family.....

Tragic news to lose a child at this early age.

Sending prayers and every condolence to this first class INDIAN family.

wow....very sad to hear.

Mike emailed me back. Thanked us for our prayers and thoughts. He asked that all that can attend the services do so on their bikes and that he will let us know when the arrangements for the service have been made.

Ride in Peace young one , a road that should have been run a long way.

• Like 1

Very sad news. RIP

Heartbreaking news. Sorry to hear this.

Edited by dk007

So sorry for the family. So sorry that such a young man never had a real shot at life.

Mike Tomas, Kiwi Indian Motorcycle Co

Thank you for the kinds words of Ross. Nothing can prepare one for such a tragedy. It was a solo mc accident in a low speed S bend doing maybe.25-30 mph. There was no high speed involved. He had replaced the tires on his Honda a few days eariier and was concerned about the ill handling afterwards especially in corners he tried a few different things and got it a lot better but not perfect. 2 days later he was on his way to leave it to the dealer to have it fixed. He was almost through the last corner where it was a straight shot to the dealer when something happened. I’m suspecting the bike wobbled (as he mentioned to a friend his bike got a bad wobble in corners) and he went head 1st into a tree. Instantaneous death.

I’ve been to the accident site and nothing else makes sense as he is a very competent rider. It is hard to comprehend. I’ve got so many why why why’s that will never be answered. He was doing the right thing by having it professionally looked at. He was 3/4 the way through the last turn and it was then just a 3/4 mile straight shot to the dealer. Why why why???

It is the hardest thing as a parent and the most dreaded thing to bury and organize your kids funeral. Its just not supposed to happen this way. We are supposed to bury us older folks, not the young. Ross was so sharp mechanically and grasping design that his contribution to the motorcycle industry will never be realized.

This is an extremely difficult thing to go through. The outpouring from friends worldwide has been immense. Ross grew up in the mc industry and went everywhere we did as a youngster. This is an awesome industry that we consider our family. His funeral is tentatively Thurs 31st in Riverside Calif. We still plan to be in Sturgis as that’s what he would’ve wanted. We have thought about another service or get together there for him since he has many friends there. It was his most favorite meet. As yet its just a thought and don’t even know where to begin.

We will miss Ross forever. He is our only child and we now and forever will have a huge void in our lives. I, as his father, will miss him coming here after work and helping me out and sharing our dinners with him and his friends. He was just rounding the corner to get back into the mc industry.

Carolyn and I are heartbroken, yet uplifted by all the out pouring from our friends and what we consider our family which is the mc industry. Ross funeral will be a mc related funeral. We kindly request no flowers. Ross loved Sturgis and we feel he would ask in lieu of flowers, to send donations to the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum/Hall of Fame in his name. RIP son. We love you soo much. Burt Munro said “you can live a lifetime in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than in a lifetime”. You lived many but it was cut way too short.

- See more at: http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/07/23/ross-thomas-son-of-mike-and-carolyn-tomas-from-kiwi-indian-in-fatal-motorcycle-accident/#comments

• Like 1