Indian Motorcycle Community

R.i.p. Tommy Ramone

Drummer Tommy Ramone, the last member of the original 1970s punk band the Ramones, died Friday of cancer, according to Variety. He was 62.

The Ridgewood, Queens, resident had been in hospice and suffering from bile duct cancer, the trade publication reported.

130321-ramones.jpg

(From left) Johnny Ramone (1948-2004), Tommy Ramone (1952-2014), Joey Ramone (1951-2001) and Dee Dee Ramone (1952-2002) of the American punk group The Ramones.

Tommy Ramone, born in Budapest, Hungary, was a drummer and producer who performed on the groundbreaking band’s first three albums, Variety said.

http://youtu.be/GyVmdYtvWgk

http://youtu.be/a7X7Qq8SxCU

So young at 62, I was never a big fan, especially after Rock & Roll High School which I thought was a sellout (even though Kevin Youkillis had a small part in it) but they certainly left their mark on American music. The whole Punk scene with the exception of The Dead Kennedy's and Sex Pistols and one or two Jim Carroll tunes never did it for me. I didn't hate the genre either, it was much better than The Starland Vocal Band or Peaches and Herb. I was just a rock and roller (still am). You never wish this on anyone. RIP Tommy

• Like 1

Too young, RIP Tommy

I like Peaches an Herb , first time I got laid was on the 16th floor balcony of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, "reunited" was blaring on the radio while a large breasted 17 year Tammy Ba&$man bounced up and down on me , I still get a boner every time I hear that song :)

• Like 1

130321-ramones.jpg

(From left) Johnny Ramone (1948-2004), Tommy Ramone (1952-2014), Joey Ramone (1951-2001) and Dee Dee Ramone (1952-2002)

10516739_10152220278013587_1051160882772

• Like 2

Head this today and actually cried.

He was one of the last living members as well.

I may be young, but they shaped my musical taste from a very young age.

He was the last of the original line up and the only Ramone I never had the chance to meet.

Lucky enough to have met them all and seen them play. Never got to catch them at CBGB but I did catch a lot of other bands there.