Indian Motorcycle Community

As I was displaying our flags today (US, Washington, Navy, Scotland - Rampant Lion) . . .

10430899_263598290501477_461851258875093

. . . I wondered - is there an IIRA flag? Has anyone ever done one? Is there enough interest to have one made? Just curious.

And yes - the Navy flag looks backwards because of it's construction - I need to find a better one that reads the same on both sides.

Edited by TallRider
  • Like 1

Nice display.

I don't know if there's an IIRA flag but I would be interested in one too. I could put it next to my IRA flag..... :grin:

As I was displaying our flags today (US, Washington, Navy, Scotland - Rampant Lion) . . .

10430899_263598290501477_461851258875093

. . . I wondered - is there an IIRA flag? Has anyone ever done one? Is there enough interest to have one made? Just curious.

And yes - the Navy flag looks backwards because of it's construction - I need to find a better one that reads the same on both sides.

Your gonna need to add a post in there someplace :nod:

F O R G O T T E N

F O U N D E R S

By Bruce E. Johansen

Benjamin Franklin, the Iroquois

and the Rationale for the

American Revolution

http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/6Nations/FFexcerpts.html

'John Rutledge, a delegate from South Carolina to the Constitutional Convention, is another of the Founding Fathers thought to be influenced by Iroquois thinking. Rutledge was in charge of the Committee of Detail at the Convention, and it is reported that he opened proceedings of that committee by reading a quote attributed to an Iroquois chief from 1520: "We, the people, to form a union, to establish peace, equity and order...".'

http://jenssannerud.com/Iroquois%20Confederacy%20and%20the%20Influence%20Thesis.htm

The Iroquois Confederation is the oldest

existing association of its kind in North America.

In 1744, Canasatego, leader of the Onondaga nation and spokesman for the Iroquois Confederation, advised the British colonists:

". . . We heartily recommend Union and a Good Agreement between you our Brethren. Our wise Forefathers established Union and Amity between the Five Nations; this has made us formidable, this has given us great weight and Authority with our Neighboring Nations. We are a Powerfull confederacy, and by your observing the same Methods our wise Forefathers have taken, you will acquire fresh Strength and Power."

not related to the American Revolution, but something Irish people know and appreciate.

http://www.choctawnation.com/history/choctaw-nation-history/choctaws-helped-starving-irish-in-1847-this-act-shaped-tribal-culture/

• Like 2

Satdiver and I are working on one as we speak.....

Courtesy of DonnyB

This one has been to war.....imagejpg2_zpsf4ed2001.jpg

imagejpg1_zps784f2302.jpg

Edited by harleynot
  • Like 5

Wasn't that the guy that was ways whining when anyone posted something critical of that Jack ass in the White House? I think he took his bat and ball and ran home.

Oh sorry, I just read the post you said FLAG. My mistake

• Like 2

I have the little one , flying behind my license plate . and don't ask me to post pics , canna do it

AlbertaIndianChief - 'Gie ye a haund? PM me and I'll give ye my addy; ye can send me the pic and I'll post it for ye. Soana goose.

Now that's a nice peace pipe

....IIRAflagafghanistan.jpg

• Like 2

I have the little one , flying behind my license plate . and don't ask me to post pics , canna do it

we dont want to see anything of yours that is small and in pictures :)

Wasn't that the guy that was ways whining when anyone posted something critical of that Jack ass in the White House? I think he took his bat and ball and ran home.

Oh sorry, I just read the post you said FLAG. My mistake

I see what you did there!! LMBO

photo_zps87b94a4d.jpg

Happy Birthday Buckshot!

Thanks for the memories!

Keep-em coming!

Edited by harleynot
  • Like 2

Happy Birthday Buckshot!

Thanks for the memories!

Keep-em coming!

I drug Buckshot to his first IRIP in 2010. He got up every morning, walked down to the marina with his pipes and serenaded the fish. Ron Wilming threatened to pull out his Glock and blow his head off!!

I have a smaller one. It has the IIRA logo and the overall color of the flag is tan (like the patch). I hadn't ever seen the black flag version.

There should be a picture of the bigger one in some photos of the 2006 IRIP. Our group (Colorado) had it hanging over the balcony ledge for display.

• Like 1

SlvrStrk . . . that's what I was envisioning . . . tan background with black logo and lettering . . . would like to see a pic of even the small one.

working on two sizes....

home/clubhouse display size

&

parade bike attachment

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Buckshot!

Thanks for the memories!

Keep-em coming!

Well you Scots have your Bag Pipes - but the Irish improved it so they could smoke while playing.. the result, the Uilleann Pipes.

For about the first minute and half these guys are just screwing around, but the rest is worth a listen if you like this sort of music.

Some say the Uilleann Pipes sounds like someone is killing a cat.. It's a great instrument to listen to in a pub in some small town in Ireland though.

Here's another nice one.