Indian Motorcycle Community

Posting On Facebook

I have recently discovered that if you post on the Indian Community facebook page your post automatically goes into a Recent Post by others place on the page....So the only Information you will get when looking at the Indian Motorcycle Community facebook page is what one individual wants you to see...All members should have the right to make post on the page just like this site....IMHO!! Can't really call it a Community page if it is ran like this...Can you??

971843 635704059791724 577197440 N

549766 482469651807829 2121624545 N

gallery 1350 114 61040

Never noticed that, but you are correct. It might be because it is set up as a "Page" and not a "Group" - but IDK

What is this Facebook of which you speak?

I wish you old farts would break down and get on FB. Brock finally did. Now he's a post whore. It really can be a good thing.

• Like 4

Unless you pay for everything cash, don't have a smart phone and pretty much live off the grid - which you aren't because you're on here. The government and many others are tracking everything you do anyway, might as well give in to FB as well. It actually is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Hell, I even get to see Eddie's awesome carvings which I throughly enjoy.

Edited by LabRat
  • Like 1

Well you would think the Indian Motorcycle Community Facebook page would promote Iron Indian Rider Events instead of Factory Events....JS

• Like 1

Well you would think the Indian Motorcycle Community Facebook page would promote Iron Indian Rider Events instead of Factory Events....JS

How about promoting all Indian events rather than instead of?

Unless you pay for everything cash, don't have a smart phone and pretty much live off the grid - which you aren't because you're on here. The government and many others are tracking everything you do anyway, might as well give in to FB as well. It actually is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Hell, I even get to see Eddie's awesome carvings which I throughly enjoy.

Pete has already posted, in another thread, his (very valid) reasoning for avoiding facebook. It ain't the government he's trying to avoid.

• Like 1

Pete has already posted, in another thread, his (very valid) reasoning for avoiding facebook. It ain't the government he's trying to avoid.

Yes, I know that, but Pete is more of an exception and not the rule.

• Like 1

How about promoting all Indian events rather than instead of

I'm with ya...But I'm just saying the page needs to be open to all members post....Not just what he wants to put on there...If the forum was ran like this there would be no forum...Well I take that back the only ones that would be here are the ones that like for someone else to have control over them.

If I was on FB, I would know what was going on with the Iron Indian Riders.

• Like 1

I'm with you, Pete. No FB for me. Drives me nuts when the wife is posting shit on it or reading it all the time. Not sure why she simply doesn't call her friends to find out what's going on. Much more interesting that way.

• Like 1

My wife gets to stay in touch with her friends and family in New Zealand easily, I get that. What I don't understand is the stuff people post on there like, "I just fed my cat, I just took a shit, I washed my car" Really? Who gives a fuck. As I have posted on here previously, my profession precludes me from being a denizen of FaceBook World.Fuck, I'm already strung out on motorcycles, cigars, food, sex, Red Sox, I don't need any more vices. And yes Robert the phone works.

• Like 3

Yes, I know that, but Pete is more of an exception and not the rule.

You are right. Pete has always said that he is exceptional.

• Like 1

My wife gets to stay in touch with her friends and family in New Zealand easily, I get that. What I don't understand is the stuff people post on there like, "I just fed my cat, I just took a shit, I washed my car" Really? Who gives a fuck. As I have posted on here previously, my profession precludes me from being a denizen of FaceBook World.Fuck, I'm already strung out on motorcycles, cigars, food, sex, Red Sox, I don't need any more vices. And yes Robert the phone works.

Kind of like class reunions, I didn't like the Motherfukerz 35 years ago, what makes one think I would like them now...

• Like 5

If I was on FB, I would know what was going on with the Iron Indian Riders.

No you wouldn't because only one person is allowed to post on the main page.....You would have to go to several other of the Tribes sites to know what is going on....That is a dead facebook page just like the IIRA forum....I guess it's designed that way....I for one would like to see the IIRA flourish...I guess there is only a few that wants this though....I guess we will see the Indian Motorcycle Owners Group take over slowly but surely unless we change our ways...JS

10010380 510587449051735 47872657 O

I wish you old farts would break down and get on FB. Brock finally did. Now he's a post whore. It really can be a good thing.

I'm with you, Pete. No FB for me. Drives me nuts when the wife is posting shit on it or reading it all the time. Not sure why she simply doesn't call her friends to find out what's going on. Much more interesting that way.

I unfriend you.

• Like 4

I unfriend you.

That's not the way that works.........................

• Like 2

No you wouldn't because only one person is allowed to post on the main page.....You would have to go to several other of the Tribes sites to know what is going on....That is a dead facebook page just like the IIRA forum....I guess it's designed that way....I for one would like to see the IIRA flourish...I guess there is only a few that wants this though....I guess we will see the Indian Motorcycle Owners Group take over slowly but surely unless we change our ways...JS

When I bought the 2012 I had my IRG card in 2 weeks. I let my membership expire, and would have never joined of my own accord.

What benefits do you get for joining the IIRA? I went to the site. Gave them my money. waited. waited. waited. 2 months later my "membership is activated". So, what, exactly, does this mean? Still can't access the forum, not that it really matters. Do I get bragging rights and can call myself an iron Indian, although my bike is really made of cast aluminum ?

• Like 2

What benefits do you get for joining the IIRA? I went to the site. Gave them my money. waited. waited. waited. 2 months later my "membership is activated". So, what, exactly, does this mean? Still can't access the forum, not that it really matters. Do I get bragging rights and can call myself an iron Indian, although my bike is really made of cast aluminum ?

Back when everyone on here owned a Gilroy, the towing insurance that is part of IIRA was a really big deal.

Now not so much maybe.

Still, if it's got tits or wheels it can give ya grief.

Even the KMs and SLs can get flats, wrecks, etc.

On the other hand, I've always kinda wondered why there is so much more activity on this forum than on the IIRA.

And ya gotta remember, on the slowness part about response, it's all done by volunteers, no one is getting paid.

Edited by XV62

Back when everyone on here owned a Gilroy, the towing insurance that is part of IIRA was a really big deal.

Now not so much maybe.

Still, if it's got tits or wheels it can give ya grief.

Even the KMs and SLs can get flats, wrecks, etc.

On the other hand, I've always kinda wondered why there is so much more activity on this forum than on the IIRA.

And ya gotta remember, on the slowness part about response, it's all done by volunteers, no one is getting paid.

I didn't even opt-in for the towing. I have AAA (the fiancé has a Harley), plus I think I get a year free from the Indian factory club.

The slowness doesn't really bother me, I'm just wondering what it is that I signed up for.