Indian Motorcycle Community

Is There A Doctor In The House???

Don't say so here. Or anyone that has had a total ankle fusion. I'm getting sick and tired of the pain that pain killers just barely take the edge off of. I really wish they had taken my leg off when I crashed 2 1/2 years ago. At least then I would have been ahead of the game in learning how to get along. But who knows, I'd probably still been in pain.

Does anyone know if a total ankle fusion really gets rid of the pain? Especially since they are saying mine is due to the amount of arthritis that has developed. Won't that forever be there? Even if I have no range of motion. And what about that motion. Is it like zero, zilch, nodda? I already throw my leg out to keep from going through the pain of actually walking in a straight line. Am I already doing what I would have to, to walk if I had it done.

My doc is saying it will be like having the wreck again. REALLY? Back in the hospital and then 6 weeks completely off my feet followed by some(?) rehab. Is there anyone out there that knows or has been through it? Like I said, don't say here. Just PM me. Man I wish they had taken it!!!!! Not having a good day. One of many it seems.

Blue Emu oil. Works on my knee and helped my ankle.

You've got mail.

Do we have a doctor in the house? No fucking kidding we have a dr. in the house.

• Like 2

Per the arthritis, I take shark cartilage. An Ironworker that I worked with back in the 90's turned me on to it, and I've been taking it ever since. He told me he had previously had arthritis so bad, he could barely grip his truck key when trying to turn it in the ignition, and was in pain all the time from it. He saw the guy on "60 Minutes" that wrote the book Sharks Don't Get Cancer talk about research he'd done on shark cartilage, and how the American Cancer Society and AMA had all but forced him out of the country. Dr. William Lang told of how, when he was conducting all these experiments for cancer, that he had a dog with arthritis. The dog was crippled up from arthritis so bad he couldn't even get up on the couch and could barely get around. The doc, on a whim, started putting the crystalized powdered shark cartilage in his dogs food, and was shocked when, a few weeks later the dog had improved substantially. Within a period of a few months, the dog was running and playing and acting like a pup. The doctor then started controlled tests on severely arthritic patients, some that were bed-ridden. In all cases but one, in 6 weeks these patients all had major improvements, up to and including complete recovery. I get mine through AllStarHealth online. NOW brand. I was told I have arthritis building up from all the injuries I've had, plus my maternal and paternal great grandmothers both died with rheumatoid arthritis, so I don't take any chances. Still have pain from the injuries, but I think because of this stuff, I'm not being plagued with stiffness and lack of movement. Just checked, and if you google it, you can get a copy of the book for $3. The guy knows what he's talking about. Sad part is, Big Pharma and, of all groups, The American Cancer Society made him move his studies out of the US, and have tried to debunk the findings ever since.

• Like 2

Do we have a doctor in the house? No fucking kidding we have a dr. in the house.

Well I know this but I didn't want to bother him directly. He he offered then okay.

I have heard there are lots of failures with those. Have no idea if that's true. But my doc hasn't even offered that as an option. Guess I should ask why. Bet it has something to do with Medicare though. That seems to be when you are forced into not getting good care.

Hogcowboy: All I meant was - you can count on people in this forum to help out with whatever gifts they have. Mark Stanley is a fine Doc and an even finer human being. God don't make finer people than Mark and Denise, and we all knew that he'd be Johnny on the spot as soon as he read your post.

Per the arthritis, I take shark cartilage. An Ironworker that I worked with back in the 90's turned me on to it, and I've been taking it ever since. He told me he had previously had arthritis so bad, he could barely grip his truck key when trying to turn it in the ignition, and was in pain all the time from it. He saw the guy on "60 Minutes" that wrote the book Sharks Don't Get Cancer talk about research he'd done on shark cartilage, and how the American Cancer Society and AMA had all but forced him out of the country. Dr. William Lang told of how, when he was conducting all these experiments for cancer, that he had a dog with arthritis. The dog was crippled up from arthritis so bad he couldn't even get up on the couch and could barely get around. The doc, on a whim, started putting the crystalized powdered shark cartilage in his dogs food, and was shocked when, a few weeks later the dog had improved substantially. Within a period of a few months, the dog was running and playing and acting like a pup. The doctor then started controlled tests on severely arthritic patients, some that were bed-ridden. In all cases but one, in 6 weeks these patients all had major improvements, up to and including complete recovery. I get mine through AllStarHealth online. NOW brand. I was told I have arthritis building up from all the injuries I've had, plus my maternal and paternal great grandmothers both died with rheumatoid arthritis, so I don't take any chances. Still have pain from the injuries, but I think because of this stuff, I'm not being plagued with stiffness and lack of movement. Just checked, and if you google it, you can get a copy of the book for $3. The guy knows what he's talking about. Sad part is, Big Pharma and, of all groups, The American Cancer Society made him move his studies out of the US, and have tried to debunk the findings ever since.

http://www.northern-seas.com/?page_id=38

Use it wisely ~ not for pregnant women, recent recipients of surgery or growing children as it inhibits the new vascular growth.

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99

Right, Doc. That was in the book, too.

badndn- Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing Billy Gibbons or Dusty Hill (ZZ Top) in that x-ray. Or is that a Mexican with tits? Whatever, it looks painful. (My brother has had both done, one twice. No fun at all)

I have heard there are lots of failures with those. Have no idea if that's true. But my doc hasn't even offered that as an option. Guess I should ask why. Bet it has something to do with Medicare though. That seems to be when you are forced into not getting good care.

I don't know about the ankles. I have a artificial knee and hip. Both are best things I ever did. The hip is twenty years old and I will need a new one soon. I went for YEARS with a terrible right knee. Constant pain. I don't do pain pills, so I just lived with it. Don't do that to yourself. Research the ankle and if it is an option, get it done.

I will. But I have to be honest with myself in whether it would be worth it at my age. I really don't have that many left when it comes right down to it. It would be nice to be pain free but the ankle is just one source. Bad back too and NO ONE will touch it. They all say they would just change one pain for another. At least they were honest before screwing me up more. At least now I can still walk and ride. So I have to be grateful for that alone.

• Like 3

I went and soaked in volcanic hot pools all day yesterday, best $13.00 NZ I've ever spent. 24 hours in one aircraft or another fucks me up. I am going to see the acupuncturist tomorrow. I try to stay away from pain pills, they are like Lays Potato Chips.

Had that outpatient back surgery 28th of last month. Seems to have cleared up the back pain completely. Wish I had changed Docs sooner. First neurosurgeon said there was no surgical cure. Went over two years with constant pain in back and down both legs and legs losing muscle and strength. Doc said my spinal canal had the cord squeezed down to 5MM, supposed to be 15mm. Reamed it out. Now if the nerves and muscles ain't too far gone, maybe I can get enough strength back to rehab the leg enough to get my wore out right knee replaced.

And then get back on a motorsickle...........................

• Like 4

Had that outpatient back surgery 28th of last month. Seems to have cleared up the back pain completely. Wish I had changed Docs sooner. First neurosurgeon said there was no surgical cure. Went over two years with constant pain in back and down both legs and legs losing muscle and strength. Doc said my spinal canal had the cord squeezed down to 5MM, supposed to be 15mm. Reamed it out. Now if the nerves and muscles ain't too far gone, maybe I can get enough strength back to rehab the leg enough to get my wore out right knee replaced.

Glad you're feeling better.... now go work out....

good deal. I'm scared to death of back surgery.

You got that right Eddie, and mine is going fast.

You got that right Eddie, and mine is going fast.

Getting old SUX... I'm not looking forward to it :grin:

You fukers are falling apart

No shit, pretty soon they will be talkin bout the good ole days

An old guy I cowboy with said "life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end , the faster it goes "

Hell getting old is okay, there's a lot of good people that get the chance, I'll take the aches and pain just reminds me of things I did when I was younger and in most cases gives me a good memory

I ain't done yet and I thank God for every sunrise and sunset

• Like 2

good deal. I'm scared to death of back surgery.

So am I. Even more so when they all say they wouldn't touch mine. Born with Scoliosis. A double curve at that and it is degenerating. They all say what ever they might do would change things so drastically that nothing would relieve the pain or it would just change it. And could very easily be much much worse. So even having a spinal cord stimulator scares me. I'm a mess, plain and simple.