Indian Motorcycle Community

This brought tears to my eyes, My Rotty will be 14 yo in a few weeks, she is in decline & my heart breaks a little each day, go to a rescue & pick-up another best friend and give it a good forever home.

• Like 5

We had our Golden for 16 years and 9 months . . . after he passed, our daughter named her first born after the dog . . . "Sampson". When my son-in-law brought our grandson out of the delivery room to introduce us to him, both Valerie and I broke down.

• Like 2

My three. They all moved on last year

167555_1642724902942_4157507_n.jpg

547224_3402694381079_1728603690_n.jpg

Mead had a few weeks with Hershey when we brought her home
538888_4929434388625_1830890628_n.jpg

• Like 2

Yup,

I know what ya mean..

Just lost one back on the 8th and,

others too, plus cats..

Four legged friends,

:moped:

Dave

• Like 1

sure sorry for all you folks loss of best friends. had a lot of good pups but ERMA touch me like no other. wrote this after losing her.

meant more to me than most humans.

Monday Oct. 1st.. 2013

Greetings to all Family and Friends. Hope you are all good..

We lost our BEST BUDDY OF almost 15 years this morning.

Erma had a stroke last night just after dinner, and did not recover from it.

Our buddy that never missed a days work, never missed a day of watching over and protecting us, hiked all over the state of Colo., probably rode in every piece of equipment (other than a scraper) made us laugh, made us cry, ate the seat out of a welding truck at 4 months old, greeted us like we had been lost every time she saw us, like we were one of the Beatles, traveled across this United States and then some, leaned up against almost everyone she ever met for a pat or a rub, and made us better humans..

WE MISS HER ALREADY..

IF… there s ANY thing to this afterlife, she is now getting treats from Linda’s Mom and my Dad, and chasing rabbits from sun rise to sunset..

This would be a good time to share some loving to yours or someone’s else’s animal friend..

We wish you all only the best. Linda an Gary

don't seem able to add a photo?

• Like 1

I just burried my black pom overlooking the lake. He was 18 years and 3 days old. He was blind and deaf, and a little chihuahua lead him around to go outside, eat, drink, etc. till the day he died.

• Like 1

I grew up on a farm. Always figgered that's where animals belonged. I never wanted a dog in the City. 19 yrs ago I broke down after a couple years of whining on the part of my ex and kids and agreed to get a Golden. She was a rescue dog - not abused or anything - just not wanted. Beautiful dog, fritzy as Hell.

Did I say I never wanted a dog? I told the mutt that, but she didn't give a shit. She decided from the first time she smelled my B.O. that I was HER dog. She was happy to see anyone, but she'd go nuts when I came into the house.

She wore me down.

We got a male Golden so she'd have company. Great dog. She outlived him. We got another male. She almost outlived him too.

By the time she was 15 she was getting pretty stiff - we had to take her to a doggy chiro to tune her up every couple months. My ex said we should think about putting her down. I wouldn't hear of it. As long as she had that unbelievable joy in her eyes whenever she's see me, how the Hell could I have her killed? It got to the point where she had to be carried off the deck to do her stuff - and guess who did it?

Finally, one day I looked in her eyes and I could see that she'd had enough. She was telling me it was time. But I couldn't take her to the vet - I made my ex do it, cowardly bastard that I am.

Did I remember to say I never wanted a dog? She knew better. I'll never have another one.

I've been blessed with some great dogs during my life (they're better then most people). When you lose one they rip out a piece of your heart, you give a new one a home THEY give you a piece of their heart. I suspect by the time I fie my heart will be more dog and that's a good thing

I got 3 black labs now all rescued from shelters, they're family and give me so much as it was once said " I wish I could be half the man my dogs think I am.

• Like 3