Indian Motorcycle Community

Loving it, next stop the android - ah not the cell phone!

Uh.....no. While I can see some uses for it, keep it in California. I actually enjoy driving.

Those embarrassing vehicles will be programmed to take you to the google market ....for google snacks .....and then drop you off at your google housing.....

No thanks....perfect for those who want to be told what, when and where they should be living theirs lives......

Not all Californians have given up....

https://www.google.com/search?q=smart+car+tipping+backlash&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

2ef2a145-d690-4ad4-b215-e39b2d607040_zps

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/09/san_francisco_vandals_go_on_a_smart_car_tipping_spree/

Edited by harleynot
  • Like 1

Actually it's the hipsters letting the nerds know their days are numbered....

http://www.businessinsider.com/erin-mcelroy-and-san-francisco-anti-tech-gentrification-protests-2014-5

Activists have stopped Google's commuter buses, smashed windows, and picketed the homes of Digg Founder Kevin Rose and one of Google's corporate lawyers. One activist even vomited onto a Yahoo commuter shuttle after protesters stopped it in the street. They recently demanded $3 billion from Google as mitigation for the damage they believe the company has caused the poor in San Francisco.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/erin-mcelroy-and-san-francisco-anti-tech-gentrification-protests-2014-5#ixzz330pSDky4

Classic California backlash....

http://sfpublicpress.org/news/2014-05/private-buses-public-costs

There's an undeniable second boom underway in the tech sector, and the consequences, both positive and negative, are rippling throughout the San Francisco Bay Area with special force.

Protests focused on the negative effects of tech companies have become increasingly common in recent months, and they're getting personal. This morning, protestors who say they're being evicted by a Google lawyer protested in front of the property he owns.

It's the third gathering to target a specific Google employee. In January, protestors showed up at the Berkeley home of a Google engineer who had done work on self-driving cars. Earlier this week, protestors gathered at the Potrero Hill home of Google Ventures partner Kevin Rose, holding posters calling Rose a "parasite."

The building at 812 Guerrero Street in San Francisco is where Jack Halprin, a lawyer who handles e-discovery for Google, lives. It's also a building that houses six other tenants who Halprin recently initiated evictions against.

*In the aftermath of Fridays protest in front of the San Francisco home of a Google lawyer, a reporter says that he was assaulted for wearing Google Glass in the city's Mission District.

Kyle Russell, of Business Insider, said that his Glass was torn from his face as he was walking to a local BART (subway) station after filing his story on the protest.

As Russell described the incident:

The aforementioned colleague and I were on our way to the 16th Street BART stationI'll note that I wasn't using any device at the timewhen a person put their hand on my face and yelled, "Glass!"

In an instant the person was sprinting away, Google Glass in hand.

I ran after, through traffic, to the corner of the opposite block. The person pivoted, shifting their weight to put all of their momentum into an overhand swing. The Google Glass smashed into the ground, and they ran in another direction.

Not knowing what to do, I scooped up the remains and continued to follow. We went back in the direction of the intersection where it started when the person ran into my colleague while I was blocked by traffic. After a brief moment, the person got away.

Russell said he flagged down a nearby police officer and filed a report.

This isnt the first time such an incident has taken place: in February 2014, a social media consultant claimed she was assaulted at a San Francisco bar for having worn Google Glass.

Edited by harleynot

google-jacking

get on the bus

& leave the driving to us

wipe those tears away

1 weird dream came true today

I meant this Orgasmatron...what you got there Labrat?

Edited by CT_SPIRIT

I'll tell you what pisses me off about google: they DIDN'T recognize Memorial Day with their little doodle logo like they did, say, for fuckin' CHAVEZ! Google will never be my search engine again. Spread the word.

• Like 3

I'll tell you what pisses me off about google: they DIDN'T recognize Memorial Day with their little doodle logo like they did, say, for fuckin' CHAVEZ! Google will never be my search engine again. Spread the word.

Again? They typically blow off things like Veteran's Day and Columbus Day

Ah yes, I forgot about Sleeper. Maybe they'll allow that in Georgia.

Loving it, next stop the android - ah not the cell phone!

560871_281472435260899_1136291030_n.jpg

anYwgOz_700b.jpg

r2-d2-dress-sexy.jpg

And yet another thread transformed, this one going from stupid geek cars that drive themselves to hot chicks......Man I love this place.

Yeah that'll work!

... and what happens WHEN it breaks and kills someone?

WHEN not IF. Technology always breaks, just as eventually our bikes break down.

WHEN one of us gets killed by this UGLY piece of shit - who is at fault?

Actually the house used for this movie is just west of Denver... you can see it from I-70.