1. 1. Where do i fit in?

• I'm ultra Conservative
    • I'm a Liberal
    • I'm a Republican
    • I'm a Democrat
    • I'm Independent
    • Other
    • I don't have a clue

My voter registration card says Libertarian!

Libertarian Party Website

Introduction to the LP

What Is The Libertarian Party?

The Libertarian Party is your representative in American politics. It is the only political organization which respects you as a unique and competent individual.

America's Heritage

Libertarians believe in the American heritage of liberty, enterprise, and personal responsibility. Libertarians recognize the responsibility we all share to preserve this precious heritage for our children and grandchildren.

Free and Independent

Libertarians believe that being free and independent is a great way to live. We want a system which encourages all people to choose what they want from life; that lets them live, love, work, play, and dream their own way.

Caring For People

The Libertarian way is a caring, people-centered approach to politics. We believe each individual is unique. We want a system which respects the individual and encourages us to discover the best within ourselves and develop our full potential.

Principled; Consistent

The Libertarian way is a logically consistent approach to politics based on the moral principle of self-ownership. Each individual has the right to control his or her own body, action, speech, and property. Government's only role is to help individuals defend themselves from force and fraud.

Tolerant

The Libertarian Party is for all who don't want to push other people around and don't want to be pushed around themselves. Live and let live is the Libertarian way.

The Libertarian Option

Consider the Libertarian option:

Substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and cut all taxes.

Let peaceful, honest people offer their goods and services to willing consumers without a hassle from government.

Let peaceful, honest people decide for themselves what to eat, drink, read, or smoke and how to dress, medicate themselves, or make love, without fear of criminal penalties.

The U.S. government should defend Americans and their property in America and let the U.S. taxpayer off the hook for the defense bill of wealthy countries like Germany and Japan.

I make Rush look like a New Deal Democrat!!

Rosie

:blues: Me, I'm a free thinker! I do what feels right for me not what  a party tells me to do! I'm not far right or far left! I like Common since that is right for all! But just me! Later. Royce

Unfortunately being a free thinker doesn't do much good. We have a two party system each one has a basic line & you either somewhat agree with it or somewhat disagree but in the end it's the one you most agree with. You pretty much know which it will be in the beginning as you know the partys basic line.

I know in reality there are more than two partys and some of the smaller ones have some pretty darn good ideas but unfortunately most won't vote those partys for fear of throwing a vote away and getting the party elected they don't want at all.

So free think all ya want but in the end you are either a democrat, a republican, a vote thower or a no show.

I was a Libertarian Before Clinton , but the problem for me was the fact that there is no middle ground with them! They were either Extreme Liberal or Extreme Conservative !

Plus the fact that they cant win shit against the Democraps or Republicans!

I myself am a Moderate Republican . What I mean by that is , I agree on most issues , however , the Republican party likes to allign itself with extreme-right-wing religeous zealots! Thats where I differ , and mostly it boils down to the abortion issue !

I am all for a woman having the right to decide if she wants to have an abortion or not , I dont buy the embryo as the size of an ant , is aliving being , it is not , it is just another cell in the womans body . As far as late term abortions go , I really dont have a stance , at that point , it is a human body , but thats entirely up to the woman still!

I was a Libertarian Before Clinton , but the problem for me was the fact that there is no middle ground with them! They were either Extreme Liberal or Extreme Conservative !

Plus the fact that they cant win shit against the Democraps or Republicans!

I myself am a Moderate Republican . What I mean by that is , I agree on most issues , however , the Republican party likes to allign itself with extreme-right-wing religeous zealots! Thats where I differ , and mostly it boils down to the abortion issue !

I am all for a woman having the right to decide if she wants to have an abortion or not , I dont buy the embryo as the size of an ant , is aliving being , it is not , it is just another cell in the womans body . As far as late term abortions go , I really dont have a stance , at that point , it is a human body , but thats entirely up to the woman still!

I am also a Republican who thinks its a womans right to have an abortion. Other than that extreme Republican view I agree on most other party issues :pirate1:  :pirate1:

I do not want a Govt that preaches tolerance while motherfuckers are infilterating our borders intent on doing us harm which is how I feel many Democrat politicians are. I also like any Party that even atempts to LOWER my taxes :bvictory:  Yep easy choice for me Republican all the way......

Fat Charlie is right. For better or worse, this is atwo party system. To vote for any third party is basically to throw you vote away, as we saw in the last national election. That being said, speaking to lots of other Americans, it seems that neither party really represents the majority of us out here. By that I mean those of us who are liberal on social issues (basically libertarians), fiscally conservative, libertarian about government in general, but strong on defense, also strong on diplomacy and foreign aid. Problems need to be fixed at their root.

Although I am registered as an Independent, that doesn't allow me to have any real in-put where it actually counts, at the caucus and primary levels within the two parties. However, there are parts of both parties I really don't like. Catch-22. You'd think some politicians would actually listen to the majority of Americans and give us what polls say we actually want.

Archived