Indian Motorcycle Community

Congratulations to diencaidau!

For any of you who have had the privilege of reading Paul "DienCaiDau" Bylin's book regarding his Viet Nam War experiences, I'm sure you will agree with me that this exciting news from Paul is a well-deserved honor!

Congratulations Paul!

I have been offered a contract from a book publisher for them to publish my book, The Other Casualty Of War.

Right now I am in the process of having someone look over the contract for me.

Very exciting news!

Paul Bylin

Author:  The Other Casualty Of War

The Other Casualty of War Web Site

an excerpt:

"I had awakened into in a nightmare when I arrived in Vietnam. I was in a place where there was no respect, no decency, only chaos and confusion. This is not where I wanted to be and I wondered if the South Vietnamese people wanted us there. It was a constant fear that overcame me. Later, that fear turned to something else. I'm not sure what it was, maybe hatred, or maybe survival mode kicked in. No matter what it was, it was something that brought me from my boyish thoughts of girls and cars to a man, killing and surviving. This is not how I had pictured my life to be. "

paul01ScoutMA.jpg

:bthumb: Congrat's to Paul, when will the book be released?...Keep us informed...Hey Paul I was'nt there, but I  still care...Catfish

No doubt!  Let us know when it hits book stores!  And if IIRA members can get an autographed copy.   :D

Congratulations and great good luck. If you want more info on book contracts, see Kirsch's Guide to the Book Contract available from Amazon.com.

Thanks everyone!  This came as quite a suprise as I have been trying for a long time to get this published.  It will still be a while before it actually get's into print and on the shelves.  Still the contract to negotiate, then they'll need to do a bit of editing (grammar; spelling; making sure I'm saying what I want to say, etc..)  

Once it's ready to roll, I'll make a post here....

Again..thanks for the congrats!

Paul,

This is great news for all former and active duty military members. I had the privledge of participating in 5 Joint Task Force Full Accounting Missions into Vietnam and Laos.

My Webpage

During my last trip to Hanoi I met a Harley rider check out his web page My Webpage click on POW-MIA to read about JTF-FA. Click on the Spotted Cow (my favorite bar in Hanoi) then miscellaneous to see pics of the 2001 Marine Corps Ball, I am the good looking bastard in dress blues. Ride Safe, AW :moped:

Congrats on the book and

on a personal note... "Welcome Home Brother"

Paul,

This is great news for all former and active duty military members. I had the privledge of participating in 5 Joint Task Force Full Accounting Missions into Vietnam and Laos.

My Webpage

During my last trip to Hanoi I met a Harley rider check out his web page My Webpage click on POW-MIA to read about JTF-FA. Click on the Spotted Cow (my favorite bar in Hanoi) then miscellaneous to see pics of the 2001 Marine Corps Ball, I am the good looking bastard in dress blues. Ride Safe, AW :moped:

I know about the JTF-FA.  You guys are absoloutely incredible with the work that you've done over there.  Man, JTF-FA went into areas that most Nam Vets never did, and you did this for recovery purposes.  

In my eyes, you guys are heroes!  Thanks for everything you have done to bring some of us home!

Congrats on the book deal.  Who were you with and what part of country were you in.  I arrieved in Jan 68.  I was in I Corps and when Tet hit, our regiment was immediatedly deployed to Hue.  It took us 11 days but we took it back.  I was at An Hoa, Arizonia Territory, Happy Valley, Hill 55, and many other shit holes, etc.  

So many untold stories, does anyone even believe your stories when you tell them?  Great luck on your success.

Congrats on the book deal.  Who were you with and what part of country were you in.  I arrieved in Jan 68.  I was in I Corps and when Tet hit, our regiment was immediatedly deployed to Hue.  It took us 11 days but we took it back.  I was at An Hoa, Arizonia Territory, Happy Valley, Hill 55, and many other shit holes, etc.  

So many untold stories, does anyone even believe your stories when you tell them?  Great luck on your success.

I arrived in country early 1968 also...just in time for Tet!  I was with the combat engineers in the central highlands.  A little place called Phu Tai..and it was a shit hole!  Was also at LZ English; Tuy Hoa; An Khe; and Bong Song...

My story isn't one of heroics... I wasn't a hero...not even close.  It's a story of how it affected me (and my family) after I returned home...But there are some aspects that some find difficult to believe.  I think it's those who weren't there, that have a hard time believing.

One quote from the book.."If you were there, no words are necessary.  If you wern't there, no words can explain"

Welcome Home, brother...Joker and all the other Nam Vets here also!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Congrats, and thanks for your service.  Growing up in the 60's and 70's I came into the world with Viet Nam, already in bloom, as a youngster, just figured when I reached 18 I'd have to go, but it was over by the time I was 13.  I have no clue as to what it must have been like in country there, for that you have my thanks.  I do however know what ya'll faced when you came home, and for that you have my appoligy.

Fireman Dave...no apology necessary!  That was the times back then.  Everybodyd did things they didn't want to do and things they didn't understand.  I know I certainly did things I didn't want to do.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and congratulations.  Honestly I never thought this would ever get published.  Even though it is a small book, it took me a bit more than two years to write it.  What made things more difficult was my education, or lack of one...

Anyway, I should be recieving the contract in the mail today or tomorrow.  Then things will start motoring along, but at a snails pace.

I'll keep everyone informed, if they'd like...and again, thanks..man, what a family I have here!

Archived