Indian Motorcycle Community

Do It On Your Chief?

Duuuuuuude!!!! That is easily one of the most impressive things I've ever seen on a bike. Almost makes be wonder why I am on one because I sure as hell can't ride like that. Is it my imagination or did he not hit a single cone? Not to mention the floorboards scraping during full locked handlebar turns with rapid turn reversals, amazing video, thanks for posting.

Hork

Even if I could do it, I would get ot the second area and be like "what am I supposed to do here again????"

The P+ Chief can do this. FIgure 8s, yep, it will do that too. Tahoe Chief is right on the money, practice, practice, practice.

Ride safe,

Vagabond

Floorboards take a hit ~ sharpened to a knife edge from rubbin' on the pavement...

Rear brake pads wear qwik & rotors heatup, crack & need replacing often on these police obstacle course bikes.

The local HD dealer that services the cop bikes has a 55 gallon drum dedicated to worn out motorpatrol floorboards alone.

Take an MSF safety course for $30 & ride the cones. They let you come back anytime & practice no charge.

Once youget good enough the Trooper taught advance skills course is a bit more pricey but the aquired skills are worth developing.

Clutch friction zone, countersteering, counterbalanceing & rear brake feathering are counter intuitive and do require many hours of practice to store as conditioned responses to panic situations.

If you have time to 'lay it down' you probably have time to countersteer & avoid the obstacle as well but if you have not practised you will not have the skills take over in a panic situation no matter how long you have ridden 'old school'.

• Like 1

One word.

D-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-mn.

My chief is lowered 2 inches.....I can't go strait without the floorboards hitting the ground.

• Like 1

I've seen those videos of the cop competitions and they are BAD ASS! But, it's obviously easier on an HD due to the difference in the rake of the front forks as compared to the Chief. I, for one, think it is impossible to do on a Chief, especially if you have the wide beach bars like mine.

^^true dat

My turn signals hit on the Lindby bar so even if I could, I couldn't.

I expect the PP 100 Chief is about 6 inches longer than that HD Police bike. Has a larger turning radius.

Off topic,.. A friend here in Red Deer who always loved the HDs has just bought himself a red 2011 Vintage Chief with the hand painted Indian on the tank. He tells me there are only 3 of them made in that colour. What a pretty bike.

He almost dropped it on his first turn because it falls into the corners more than his Harleys. I had the same experience with mine when I first rode it,...I went into a curve and was coming right over the center line, then had to apply throttle to bring it up and straighten out.

After riding the Chief I found my other bike to be suggish in the curves. It was fine untill I got the Chief . I changed from Slipstones to Metzelers and it helped lots but it still can't handle the twisties like the Chief.

JMO, John

I love the way it handles.

There is almost over a 50% wash out rate for motor school. The training is fairly rigorous. I've known guys that rode street bikes for years that couldn't get through. This cat shows why.