Indian Motorcycle Community

Computer Virus spread by just visiting web sites.

One of the best and easiest ways to keep this and other viruses from hitting your computer is to use a browser other then Internet Explorer.

Try this one from Mozilla. It is called Firefox and has a bunch of real nice features like a pop up blocker.

The virus writers are exploting bugs in IE. If you are not useing IE you won't get hit.

I have received a few e-mails about Firefox

When you load it it will ask you if you want it to copy all the info from your old browser, stuff like your favorites. So that will be brought over.

Plus, you will still have your old browser if you need to look for something saved on it.

IE can recieve virus data , but just as easily as Mozilla (netscape) or opera . Oracle had a really good browser a few years back (I doubt its available anymore) . How about Sun Microsystems java browser!

Dont shy away from Microsoft people . 80% of the world computers use the software , that means that of that 90% 10% is trying to destroy anything that gets put out!

Mozilla is a fine browser , however the same code used to make IE is in fact inside any Mozilla clone (netscape,ie) . so the problem will remain and is present whether you see it or not. I came across a program a year ago called loader.exe its "smart technology" , it can decipher how any peice of software runs in as little as 20 seconds , good news if you want to run software for free (without paying) , the bad side is that virus makers can use it to emulate code which wont let you reverse the situation (not good)!

Have a great weekend!

Archived