Indian Motorcycle Community

Suspicious emails

:bthumb: Have had half a dozen "indian themed" emails show up in my inbox in the last week...latest on was"indian phoenix" complete with attachment(probably virus or worse) from"your best friend".said "here it is". Needless to say I thoroughly deleted this trash without opening it. Is anyone else getting the 'indian themed' emails with attachments from anonymous senders here lately? This has caused me to hide my email address at this site from now on though the bastardos already have it and I'll probably see this material again.Remain wary of strange emails& watch for attachments on deceptive mail. It's one can of worums better left unopened  :bsplit:   Loco Out...

I haven't received any of the Indian ones, just got an Ebay one asking to updated my credit card info. The login screen looked EXACTLY like the authentic ebay page, except the address was ebayco.com instead of ebay/signin.

That's great that now someone is trying to screw us where our heart is-our scoots. :no:

I've seen the false one's from ebay, paypal and capital one.  The Indian one with attachment sounds like a virus that may be being sent from a dealer's email or something (not knowlingly).  Like you said "be wary"....If we just remember most (if not all) businesses are aware of these tactics and they won't prompt you for any information that can be re-directed to a fake site or key logged and we should be ok.

eric

If I have to do something online concerning money, I never click a link in my email. I always open a new window and go directly to my information. If there is no announcement at my personal info page, then I never worry about that email. Its jsut best to keep tabs of what is going on instead of just clicking a link that only looks legitimate.

Archived