Democratic national convention schedule

6:00 Opening flag burning ceremony

6:10 Opening secular prayers by Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton

6:30 Anti-was concert by Barbara Streisand

6:40 Toast by Ted Kennedy

7:00 Tribute theme to France

7:10 Collection offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund

7:25 Tribute theme to Germany

7:45 Anti-war rally (Moderated by Michael Moore)

8:25 Toast by Ted Kennedy

8:30 Terrorist appeasement workshop

9:00 Gay marriage ceremony (both male and female couples)

9:30 Intermission

10:00 Posting the Iraqi colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins

10:10 Re-enactment of Kerry's fake medal toss

10:20 Cameo by Dean "Yeeearrrrrrrg"

10:30 Abortion demonstration by N.A.R.A..L.

10:40 Toast by Ted Kennedy

10:50 UN pledge of allegiance

11:00 Multiple gay marriage ceremony (threesomes, mixed and same sex)

11:30 Maximizing Welfare workshop

11:50 Toast by Ted Kennedy

12:00 Nomination of Democratic candidate

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best comedy has a grain of truth in it and the more the better. Please buy a calendar so that you can see that it is 2004 and not 1984 anymore. Mondale is not a major force in the Democratic Party nor is the majority of Democrats those who hold onto failed policy of the past. Political parties have evolved and its past time for many Americans to catch up. This is the present. Stop living in the past.

It is the Republicans of today who are giving away billions in welfare to those who need it the least...the rich. It is the Republicans who are engaging in irresponsible fiscal policy. It is the Republicans who are on their own jihad to restrict freedoms in the US. It is the Republicans who do not care about education by creating useless rules and then underfunding the program. The Democrats are certainly no angels and have their fare share of fuktards, but it isthe current Republican Party that is more theocratic, irresponsible, and dangerous to America than the Democrats have ever been.

I would rather give away to the rich than the lazy who do nothing to earn it; to the ones who teach their children to live off the system instead of earning their keep.  This country has unfortunates but they are overshadowed by the ones who can not fend for themselves. That is the real problem.

I'd rather give money to those who need it the most and have earned it the most....the middle class. The poor will always be among us and it is morally incumbent upon us to help those among us who simply cannot help themselves - the old and infirm, the mentally handicap, those physically unable to provide for themselves. However, the opportunists need to be pared down so that those who are actually in need get help and costs can be cut down and taxes lowered.

I know I am in the minority (maybe of one), but I would not be strongly opposed to the execution of welfare frauds. Money crimes in the US can be more destructive than physical crimes.

Further, it does not benefit the American taxpayer to give away money to companies who manipulate the tax code while "basing themselves offshore" to avoid paying any taxes yet still get a refund while jobs go overseas. I support tax cuts for businesse large and small who want to bring work to Americans.

There is a sensible middle ground. Communism is (and always was destined to be) a complete failure so that path cannot be taken but today's cronism of large businesses cashing in while they can is also destructive. The labels "D" and "R" are meaningless when it comes to sound fiscal policy. Either a person has it or they do not. Voters should focus on the individual more than a party anyway as its individulas who make up a party.

I, for one, have voted for Dems, Reps, and Independents and will do so again in the future.

hmmmmm, now if we could just throw in some religion, we'd have something here...... :lookaround2:

I'd like to be able to do away with all religion but unfortunately too many people need it as a crutch preferring fantasy over reality. Since I moved back to the US, I have to wonder why people cannot/won't be more reasonable. Its damned annoying!

I'd rather give money to those who need it the most and have earned it the most....the middle class. The poor will always be among us and it is morally incumbent upon us to help those among us who simply cannot help themselves - the old and infirm, the mentally handicap, those physically unable to provide for themselves. However, the opportunists need to be pared down so that those who are actually in need get help and costs can be cut down and taxes lowered.

I know I am in the minority (maybe of one), but I would not be strongly opposed to the execution of welfare frauds. Money crimes in the US can be more destructive than physical crimes.

Further, it does not benefit the American taxpayer to give away money to companies who manipulate the tax code while "basing themselves offshore" to avoid paying any taxes yet still get a refund while jobs go overseas. I support tax cuts for businesse large and small who want to bring work to Americans.

There is a sensible middle ground. Communism is (and always was destined to be) a complete failure so that path cannot be taken but today's cronism of large businesses cashing in while they can is also destructive. The labels "D" and "R" are meaningless when it comes to sound fiscal policy. Either a person has it or they do not. Voters should focus on the individual more than a party anyway as its individulas who make up a party.

I, for one, have voted for Dems, Reps, and Independents and will do so again in the future.

I'd rather keep the money I earned than give it to someone who feels entitled to it simply because the government demands it.  Simple as that.

Sure, support those that can't...but at one point in their lives, they could have supported themselves and were given the opportunity to do so.  I'd be far more generous with my donations if I wasn't paying $9k a month in workman's comp insurance for less than 20 employees.

Things have gotten so far out of balance that this sense of entitlement is now running rampant through politics and is being couched as morality.  Used to be that you worked hard, played hard and took care of your own.  

While the argument can be made that I should pay taxes to support the society around me (such as supporting my local schools regardless of the fact that I don't have children or may wish to enter them into a private school, thus fostering an additional school payment on me), it could also be proven that this "father government" system is creating as many, if not more, dependants eash year than it loses in the waiting rooms of the local ER because they haven't the correct insurance.

I've always wondered if, when voters fill in their ballots, where the tax money would go if voters decided which coffers to fill first.

But, you are in California and that isn't representative of the rest of the US. You said yourself in another thread about the anti-business atmosphere in California. And, I was not referring to those who could have taken care of themselves but did not - mentally and physically handicaped and the old and infirm. You pay for schools because you choose to live in a community that benefits by having educated citizens who get jobs and pay taxes. You choose to take part in an advanced community and maintaining it ain't free.

Of course, this growing nanny government is sticking its nose in places that it does not belong and taking money from working people and giving it to the most undeserving people both poor and RICH. I am no pantywaste Liberal (a childish insult that right-wingers love to throw out). I am a realist and a pragmatist. Necessary services need to be kept up but not at the risk of bankrupting the surrounding community.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Thing is- the modern Republican Party is feeding the wants of the RICH few at the expense of the paying majority and too many want to shut everyone up and let them get away with for some odd reason.

And, as for those borders, why would I run away like a coward when I love my country and want to see it better. Those on the right have no monopoly on wanting America to progress and still be the greatest experiment in human history. :nod:

A true Democrate that knows nothing of politics. I am a Republican, I for one am not rich and thanks to President Bush, I got back money for the first time since President Reagan, and have no kids at home for tax deductions. The so called rich that you say get back greater tax refunds, only pay 1% to 3% of all taxes to the goverment even if they did not get the tax deductions; these are the people that own the businesses that employ use the working class, that pay the majorty of the taxes; the democrates keep the poor poor so they can keep telling them we are for the little people. In reallity they want more people to give their money to the poor but they will not give up their money or time to help. They say the rich do not pay their fare share but they are the people that keep people employed. As you write "Of course, this growing nanny government is sticking its nose in places that it does not belong and taking money from working people and giving it to the most undeserving people both poor and RICH." The democrates are the ones that started welfare! If we got rid of welfare all together; the goverment would have a surplus of money and then the people jumping the boarders from all country's would not be runnig to our country for a free hand out. The true communist are democrates; they belive that everyone should have the same things as the next person no one should have more things then another, except them thats the ones in power. Read Ayn Rand's Fountain Head & Atlas Schrugged, a Russan that moved to this country and tells what a communist crountry is truly like. This is the way democrates want our society to become, look at what the clintons were trying to do. Ok enough ranting for now

Serious question: Are there ANY adults here? No, I'm seriously asking. All I see is a bunch of angry immature males completely ignorant of reality yet spouting off discredited propganda like its true in the misguided hope that it will oneday actually be so. :no:  So, I ask again: Are there any EDUCATED adults here? If so, you people really need to post up because as it stands now the inmates are running asylum. :no:

Serious question: Are there ANY adults here? No, I'm seriously asking. All I see is a bunch of angry immature males completely ignorant of reality yet spouting off discredited propganda like its true in the misguided hope that it will oneday actually be so. :no:  So, I ask again: Are there any EDUCATED adults here? If so, you people really need to post up because as it stands now the inmates are running asylum. :no:

........................BlahBlah.gif

Southpark.gif

Stank ,,,,, dont it ?

Anyone of you going to try to grow up or are you just going to blow farts in each other's faces all day?

Anyone of you going to try to grow up ?

Nope .... not today ,,,,,,Tomorrow not lookin much better either .....Feet-Up.gif

People keep asking me what I want to be when I grow up and I reply I want to be a derelict.:moped:

Trog is this all you can say when confronted with the truth is grow up and your not educated. Such a typical answer for those without a reply to something that they hace no answer to themself's.

People keep asking me what I want to be when I grow up and I reply I want to be a derelict.:moped:

Trog is this all you can say when confronted with the truth is grow up and your not educated. Such a typical answer for those without a reply to something that they hace no answer to themself's.

................I-Agree.gif

You people have posted NO truth whatsoever. Your ignorant prejudices are not suported by reality and there is no indication that any of you have the mental brainpower to process such truth. its one thing to be ignorant, but its the willful and prideful ignorance that really pisses me off. Inbreds need to be exterminated.

"Inbreds need to be exterminated" ryt newbie-it's clear that you are only here to disrupt and manipulate-twist the truth and spread your form of mental anguish-this poison flows from you in geometric progression. Doubt you ever rode a bike as a child let alone as a so called adult. The real consolation here is that you have finally removed your "free thinking moderate" mask and we all see what is exposed beneath-yuk put the mask back on and dissappear. don't need your ill will here-you are no fun at all and never did have any biker credentials to speak of-will we see you at a rally? Probably never :wave:

Loco Out...

Lair! You just love to run your mouth to hear yourself talk. Again, that behavior may win you points in your trailer park or even jail, but you are clearly outclassed when it comes to matters of intellect.

So, you really gonna stay out or will you run your inbred mouth without a shred of fact or intelligence some more? Although I find low class people like you entertaining, I'd much rather have a more positive experience concerning Indian motorcycles. Not every owner can be a trailer park, beer swilling, hillbilly, inbred, racist, redneck!

Loco Out...

Lair! You just love to run your mouth to hear yourself talk. Again, that behavior may win you points in your trailer park or even jail, but you are clearly outclassed when it comes to matters of intellect.

So, you really gonna stay out or will you run your inbred mouth without a shred of fact or intelligence some more? Although I find low class people like you entertaining, I'd much rather have a more positive experience concerning Indian motorcycles. Not every owner can be a trailer park, beer swilling, hillbilly, inbred, racist, redneck!

I don't know. We could be. Less of course you ride and Indian then there's one of us that ain't.

Archived