Indian Motorcycle Community

Uncle teddy........foc you !

When Sen. Ted Kennedy was merely just another Democrat bloviating on

Capitol Hill on behalf of liberal causes, it was perhaps excusable to ignore

his deplorable past.

But now that he's become Sen. John Kerry's leading campaign attack

dog, positioning himself as Washington's leading arbiter of truth and

integrity, the days for such indulgence are now over.

It's time for the GOP to stand up and remind America why Sen.

Kerry's chief spokesman had to abandon his own presidential bid in 1980 -

time to say the words Mary Jo Kopechne out loud.

As is often the case, Republicans have deluded themselves into

thinking that most Americans already know the story of how this "Conscience

of the Democratic Party" left Miss Kopechne behind to die in the waters

underneath the Edgartown Bridge in July 1969, after a night of drinking and

partying with the young blonde campaign worker.

But most Americans under 40 have never heard that story, or details

of how Kennedy swam to safety, then tried to get his cousin Joe Garghan to

say he was behind the wheel.

Those young voters don't know how Miss Kopechne, trapped inside

Kennedy's Oldsmobile, gasped for air until she finally died, while the

Democrats' leading Iraq war critic rushed back to his compound to formulate

the best alibi he could think of.

Neither does Generation X know how Kennedy was thrown out of Harvard

on his ear 15 years earlier - for paying a fellow student to take his

Spanish final.

As they listen to the Democrats' "Liberal Lion" accuse President

Bush of "telling lie after lie after lie" to get America to go to war in

Iraq, young voters don't know about that notorious 1991 Easter weekend in

Palm Beach, when Uncle Teddy rounded up his nephews for a night on the town,

an evening that ended with one of them credibly accused of rape.

It's time for Republicans to state unabashedly that they will no

longer "go along with the gag" when it comes to Uncle Ted's rants about

deception and moral turpitude inside the Bush White House. And if the

Republicans don't, let's do it ourselves by passing this forgotten disgrace

around the Internet to wake up memories of what a fraud and fake Teddy

really is.

The Democratic Party, not to mention Sen. John Kerry, should be

ashamed to have the national disgrace from Massachusetts as their spokesman.

And the GOP needs to say so out loud.

I remember all of this and I'm sure you do, too.

President Bush of "telling lie after lie after lie" to get America to go to war in

Iraq

And if the Republicans don't, let's do it ourselves by passing this forgotten disgrace around the Internet to wake up memories  

And the GOP needs to say so out loud.

I remember all of this and I'm sure you do, too.

Lies?? What Lies?? Oh.... you mean " The LIES".......

Lie #1 Dick Cheney is a resident of Wyoming.

Dick and Lynne Cheney have been residents of Washington DC or Texas since they left Wyoming after college - about 40 years ago. But the Constitution demands a President and Vice President be from two separate states. Therefore, Dick and Lynne Cheney flew to Wyoming to register as residents the day George W. Bush announced Cheney as his running mate - Cheney lied to the Registrar, and Bush lied to the world.

Lie #2 There is a recession.

During the 2000 campaign, Bush kept repeating the lie that there was a recession going on. The recession actually didn't happen until he was already in office - for three months. He created the expectation for a recession, then the recession itself, so he could cut taxes for his friends - the riches Americans.

Lie #3 Surprise 9/11 attack.

Thanks to Richard Clark, we now know Rice was lying when she said "There was no warning that al Qaeda would use an airplane as a weapon and fly it into an American landmark." In fact, Rice testified she knew about the now famous August 6 memo that stated clearly that just such an attack was imminent. Bush and his top aids were warned several times before September 11, 2001. They chose to ignore the warnings.

Lie #4 The Axis of Evil.

"States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world." In fact, it is George Bush as the President of the United States and his allies that destroyed the peace of the world. Iran, Iraq, South Korea...none of these countries have declared war on any other country in the last three years.

Lie #5 The Niger/Hussein connection.

Thanks to Ambassador Joseph Wilson, we know 1) there was no attempt by Saddam Hussein to purchase uranium from Niger and 2) the CIA, Cheney, Bush and Rice all knew the British intelligence Bush used in his State of the Union speech was false. He lied to Congress, the Supremes, America and the world when used that intelligence to make a case for going to war with Iraq.

Lie #6 The Weapons of Mass Destruction

Colin Powell went before the United Nations and used photographs of trucks and buildings to make a case that Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction were at the ready and had to be destroyed. The UN refused to give its approval for war.

Lie #7 Saddam Hussein was capable of delivering an atomic weapon on American soil.

Cheney said it. He knew it wasn't true. He said it to frighten Americans. He continues to use the same lie today - as well as the WMD lie. Tell a big lie often enough and people will believe it.

Lie #8 The people of Iraq would welcome the American Army and Occupation of Iraq.

Lie #9 The Oil of Iraq would pay for the reconstruction of Iraq.

Lie #10 A limited number of soldiers for a limited time would be sufficient to subdue Iraq.

Lie #11 The cost of the war.

Lie #12 The cost of the Prescription Drug Bill

Lie #13 AIDS money for Africa.

Lie #14 Leave No Child Behind.

Lie #15 "I'm a Uniter, not a Divider."

Lie #16 The Jobless Recovery

Lie #17 Rumsfeld notified Congress of the Prisoner abuses in Baghdad.

Lie #18 There is no cover-up of the Prisoner abuses in Baghdad.

Lie #19 There are only a few rogue soldiers involved in the abuse scandal.

Lie #20 The US Government did not have Nick Berg in custody before he was killed in Iraq.

I gotta go with the Democrats on this one if for anything, on shear numbers alone. Teddy only killed one person while Bush and his puppetmasters have been responsible for the deaths of thousands. Teddy ain't perfect, but he isn't some fanatical nutcase who is so weak he went from an addiction to alcohol to an addiction to religion. The current GOP has no moral high ground on anyone these days.

Thats some funny ass shit! Lies! First off in order to get elected to any post you have to lie , Its funny though , how you say dick cheney isnt from Wyoming. I didnt see you post that Hillary isnt from NY !

I think you've been listening to too many conspiracy journalists, I suppose you must be a subscriber to the NY Post/times, washington Post ,LA Times and every other left wing newspaper. Al Franken is a genius (lol!) , Micheal Moore is a great man and hero to the people .

Vote for John Kerry , see how fast he blows your money , thats right your money and my money so that we can feed the deadbeats on crack in this country , not his money , he's an heir to a billionare!

I wonder why all these Vietnam vets are in an uproar over him running for office on the "hero" ticket! I have lots of friends who were there . 4 months , I did more time on the toilet, 3 purple hearts, a bronze star ? This clown was no Audi Murphy ,not by a long shot! I commend him for serving and serving honorbly , but four months? then he could get sent back to the states with 3 hearts (of course it has to go through the chain of command, oops , he was the chain of command), once home he could get a differment from active duty , all those injuries!

I'll go out on a limb here, but I dont think anyone who has served in the past year has gotten three purple hearts that didnt even break the surface of there skin, and surely no Officer , voted themselves medals like Kerry did!

Sorry I didnt serve in Vietnam , I cant talk for him and any other vet , I was too young , Im only 42 !

Facts are funny !

Facts are funny !

Even when they go against your Republicans.

Hillary is NOT from New York and it was BS, but that is what the state allows and the people of New York actually voted for her. Cheney didn't get a Wyomning vote since 1988.

The NY Times is the most reputable newspaper in the world. The Washington Post and LA Times are also second to none. Perhaps you get your news from the National Enquirer? Liberal news media? Man, you haven't been paying attention nor do you understand economics in the news. Since 60Minutes proved such a ratings and financial success, news operators are out for the dollar and they'll report whatever gets eyeballs.

The lie about the Liberal news media is one that is perpetuated by those who don't read (Liberal news media went after the Left's darling - Clinton - with a vengeance). Micheal Moore's information is open to scrutiny by all. His Bowling for Columbine won an Oscar and he has answered all his paranoid nutball critics. If you bother to look off of the NRA propaganda, you would have seen this.

John Kerry is proposing fiscal repsonsibility, NOT Buch and the Republicans. In fact, just the other day, Tom Delay (House Majority Leader) made the announcement that sound fiscal policy is no longer part of GOP thinking. ( http://www.thehill.com/news/051904/paygo.aspx ). Further, John Kerry is NOT an heir to a billionaire. His wife was married to an heir of the Heinz family who died and she has since remarried and her estimated worth is around $500million.

Lots of Vietnam Vets are protesting Kerry? The few people you know do not make up the country. One need only look at his rallies and see the support that he is getting. Polls show his greatest support is among the Vietnam Vets. Kerry's medical records are available to the public. You ever get wounded 4 times while taking a dump? :no:

So, you mention that Facts are funny things. Interesting, since you did not post a single one. In the future, if you're going to comment on facts, may I suggest you familiarize yourself with some before posting.

:blues: I.m just Sorry That what ever party votes for what ever their party says goes for them! Need to look at both sides and really read what they pass as bills go! It has gotton to only following party lines and not looking what is good for us all! Both sides are doing things that are not the best for all! It is never just black and white. Have to look at everything! They have gotten to the point that they think they can wave the flag and some will follow without really looking at what is what! I don't care if you are right or left but please look at all the bills coming out and drop all the pork and make what is great for all as what you vote for!  We have become a people that only listens to what ever side we think is right and says what we want to hear! Remembr to look at both sides and then make your vote count! Later Royce

Facts are funny !

Even when they go against your Republicans.

Hillary is NOT from New York and it was BS, but that is what the state allows and the people of New York actually voted for her. Cheney didn't get a Wyomning vote since 1988.

The NY Times is the most reputable newspaper in the world. The Washington Post and LA Times are also second to none. Perhaps you get your news from the National Enquirer? Liberal news media? Man, you haven't been paying attention nor do you understand economics in the news. Since 60Minutes proved such a ratings and financial success, news operators are out for the dollar and they'll report whatever gets eyeballs.

The lie about the Liberal news media is one that is perpetuated by those who don't read (Liberal news media went after the Left's darling - Clinton - with a vengeance). Micheal Moore's information is open to scrutiny by all. His Bowling for Columbine won an Oscar and he has answered all his paranoid nutball critics. If you bother to look off of the NRA propaganda, you would have seen this.

John Kerry is proposing fiscal repsonsibility, NOT Buch and the Republicans. In fact, just the other day, Tom Delay (House Majority Leader) made the announcement that sound fiscal policy is no longer part of GOP thinking. ( http://www.thehill.com/news/051904/paygo.aspx ). Further, John Kerry is NOT an heir to a billionaire. His wife was married to an heir of the Heinz family who died and she has since remarried and her estimated worth is around $500million.

Lots of Vietnam Vets are protesting Kerry? The few people you know do not make up the country. One need only look at his rallies and see the support that he is getting. Polls show his greatest support is among the Vietnam Vets. Kerry's medical records are available to the public. You ever get wounded 4 times while taking a dump? :no:

So, you mention that Facts are funny things. Interesting, since you did not post a single one. In the future, if you're going to comment on facts, may I suggest you familiarize yourself with some before posting.

John Kerry accused Vietnam Vets of rape, murder, torture, killing babies....he did this during his testimony before congress after he came home and become part of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War.  Funded by Jane Fonda.  John Kerry can go f**k himself!  I met him a few times when we had the "Lighting of the Bamboo Christmas Tree" at City Hall Plaza a few years back.  

I don't claim to know all the Nam vets out their, but the ones I know don't like him... and if the Polls show that many, or all, or most of the Vietnam Vets support him, I would have to question the polls.

MY Fact 1:  The 'media' ONLY feeds us the most 'stinky rotten meat' they can find.

MY Fact 2:  The politicians ALL twist and turn to provide 'evidence' why they are right.  Oddly it's always small out of context information.

MY Fact 3:  Each of us acts like a 'wild dog', feeding on the most (we think) rotten, juicy piece, claiming to justify OUR position of choice.

MY Fact 4:  We are ALL under siege from the 'largest' 'free' 'vocal' 'propaganda machine' in the world today!  An we 'suck it all up'!

MY Fact 5:  We are a people willing to run from one 'pulpit' to the other, presented ONLY sound bites, to declare WE know the correct answers and CHEER for who'm ever is in OUR corner.

MY Resolution: Think for yourself, read and study ALL the available sources.  Develop your OWN values and STICK to them!  Quite living off from sound bites, news reports and feel good information.  LEAD YOUR OWN LIVES!

If every person alive in the world responded in this way the world would change overnight.  

Would there be no war, death, disease or destruction, OF COURSE NOT!

Would decisions and actions be made on PROPER REASONING, absolutely!

Making decisions on PROPER REASONING, results in MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES.  Making the right choices results in A BETTER WORLD in the long run!  And thats what choices are made for THE LONG RUN not to be or feel better for TODAY!

Why don't you 'hot button, political, crap, quoters' find your OWN values, before someone convinces you to 'take a ride' on the next 'passing coment' and you agree to drink the 'coolade' because it SOUNDS SO GOOD!

My value?  

We are in a war. YEP

Should we be there?  Doesn't matter now.

What happens if we leave.  No doubt slaughter would occur.

Can we win?  Probably

Will we win?  Maybe not, us DOGS are fighting amongst ourselves.

Will more bad shit happen?  Absolutely

Is the policies of the US for the last 200 years benefitted the WORLD?  Your damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that make the US ALWAYS RIGHT?  Hell NO!

Now, before one of you, picks and pokes at these statements individually, out of context, why don't you explain your beliefs and position, NOT LIVING OFF FROM MEDIA, POLITICIANS OR OTHERS rotten stinken meat they feed you!

Note: I'm not going to proof this, correct or try to SMOOTH it out.  If a statement is not understood, then skip it.  If none of it makes sense, then go turn on your favorite media, set in your chair and be LED the rest of your life by the nose!:veryangry:

Hell, I feel better now.

:;):

I'm going to the field to cut hay and enjoy the day! :bvictory:

:no: We don't elect the president...the electoral college does. So how do people get to be representatives for each state? Do you suppose money has an influence there? If they represent us...should we not elect who "they" should be?

Republican/Democrat it does not seem to matter. I don't think that the founding fathers intended for politics to become a Profession. But that is exactly where we are at with or democracy. I really do not believe a majority of the f#ck stick politicians give a rip about any citizen except for themselves and their financial backers. They are simply doing whatever is necessary for them to keep their so-called jobs.

Not to go off on a tangent here but what gives a celebrity the power to all of the sudden be a public speaker on delicate ethical, political issues. Who indulged these people and told them that they were intelligent enough to go on tv and announce their personal feelings on issues. EX. Rosie O'Donnel- let's see.... an overweight, outspoken, bitch who was lucky enough to do a movie about women's baseball. That makes her an expert? Simple solution turn them off. :veryangry:

I hate election season, but I thought this was interesting....

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security

(FICA)Program.  He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely

voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first

$1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the

Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes

each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent

"Trust Fund" rather than into the General operating fund,

and

therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security

Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retiree would never be

taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now

receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then

finding that we are

getting  taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal

government to "put away,"  you may be interested in the

following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the

independent "Trust" fund and put it into the General fund

so

that Congress could

spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically-controlled House

and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for

Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security

annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the

tie-breaking"

deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice

President of the U.S.

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity

payments to immigrants?

A: That's right!  Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.

Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to

receive SSI Social Security payments!  The Democratic Party gave

these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into

it!

Then, after doing all this lying and thieving and violation of

the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell

you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is, uninformed citizens believe it!

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during this 2004

election year!

MY Fact 5:  We are a people willing to run from one 'pulpit' to the other, presented ONLY sound bites, to declare WE know the correct answers and CHEER for who'm ever is in OUR corner.

I thought I was the only one who thought this! Isn't it amazing how people can read from one source and then claim it as their own? It is impossible to know all the facts unless it happened to YOU.

Lee

The only fact you need to know.

Bin Laden and Al Queda would rather have Kerry as President than Bush.

Trust someone from Massachusetts, Kerry is Dangerous.

Iron Indian Whats up with Massachuessets?

You betcha Bin Laden and Al Queda would rather have Kerry as President than Bush.

Chiefin, Right on! FOC Teddy the other distinguished Senator from Massachusetts.Blithering fool standing so far left can't take him seriously and no I have never forgotten Mary Jo Kopechne...Or any of the outlandish things that family has done to disgrace themselves and American politics.

These 2 Senators from Massachusetts approve of gay marriage? First in the nation.

Kerry's daughter is already hanging out in France.

Did y'all see her at the French Cannes film festival in the see through top? Nice Rack! But she has a horse head attached to them.Mr. Ed face, just like her old man.

Unfortunate that this is the best the Democratic party has to offer.

Democrats will support anyone as long as it isn't Bush.They are still whining about the last election.

Damn glad Gore didn't get in cause we'd be FOC'd. Look at the way he has made an ass of himself since losing........To be continued........

I suppose you guys (the lefters) think that wasting billions of dollars on the 911 commission will prove all your conspiracy theories!

I like how the asshole John Lehman former secretary of the Navy tried to make Rudy out to be a fool, not! Then that fuck had the aduacity to say that what the fire department and the police department of NYC did was a scam and an outright lie , that  asshole should  be taken out back and shot!

I remember when little John Lehman Jr. was indicted for murder of a gay man when he was in the Navy , what do you think happened to him (Daddy was the Secretary of the Navy) .......................................Thats right , nothing , he was forced out on a Honorble Dishcharge , his co-defendent was given life of hard confinement!

Those newspapers are a sham , I dont give shit how many awards they recieve from leftwing organizations , they dont tell the truth , period!

Columbine , the movie , Michael Moore used the title to sensationalize his project to stir things up which in turn caused people to buy a ticket to make money , he's a piece of shit!

Here's the thing son , when CLINTON was president , I supported him , be cause he was President, I support whoever is our president , I make not like him , but because he is the leader of the free world I support him, thats not part of demcrats ideology, they rant and rave like spoiled children when they dont get there way!

One things certain whether domshit or republican they are all greedy fucks , and if you dont pay them off , you reap the wild wind from them , you think Bill Gates would be in all this mess if he had been greasing the table like all business's do , and Bill is more liberal than any demcrat on this forum!

It is never just black and white. Have to look at everything! They have gotten to the point that they think they can wave the flag and some will follow without really looking at what is what!

Well said.

I have to laugh at you guys who lash out at anyone who doesn't get on their knees and lick Bush's nutsack. Being called a Liberal is a sign of honor, not the childish school yard insult you would wish it to be. I don't consider myself a Liberal, but I could see where some would call me that considering just how far off track this country has gotten the past 3 years.

Kerry did protest the unnecessary Vietnam War...AFTER being there and being wounded. The Jane Fonda connection is grasping at straws and has already been discredited. His support among Vets can be confirmed online. Just do a search and you will see the verification. Since it does not fit your prejudice and if you want to be intellectually honest, then you must drop your prejudice and accept reality.

kevind, good post. I don't agree with 100% of it, but I would agree that more people need to be informed by reliable sources (no, the FAUX News Network ain't it), learn to think for themselves, and finally be able to put pieces together to get the big picture. Sadly, this rarely happens.

Republicans do want to take away Social Security. What peopel fail to realize is that political parties change over time, much faster than the public's desire to hold on to outdated beliefs. The Republican Party of 2004 is vastly different from the Republican Party of 1984. Further, the Democratic Party of 2004 is vastly different than the Democratic Party of 1984. The political parties have evolved over time. Isn't it time that you people do too?

Bin Laden wants Kerry president? if you really believe that then you have a very limited ability at rational thought. Bush isn't going after Bin Laden and has made comeents that getting him really isn't all that important.

Reality<----------------------------------------------------------------------------->You

Please bridge the gap and bring 02IndianSPiritRider with you. :no: Truth, embrace it, don't fear it.

I have to laugh at you guys who lash out at anyone who doesn't get on their knees and lick Bush's nutsack. Being called a Liberal is a sign of honor, not the childish school yard insult you would wish it to be. I don't consider myself a Liberal, but I could see where some would call me that

So what are you? A Troglodyte?Liberal not liberal?Can't make up your mind? Sounds familiar.....

trog·lo·dyte

Definition:

A member of a fabulous or prehistoric race of people that lived in caves, dens, or holes.

A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

An anthropoid ape, such as a gorilla or chimpanzee.

An animal that lives underground, as an ant or a worm.

Nice Avatar....Are you in the right forum?Are you sure?

So, what you're implying is that since I can and do think for myself that I am not welcome here...in your view? Since reality seems to make you uncomfortable, you would be better served adjusting to reality rather than trying to bend reality to fit a particular failed dogma. :idea31:

So, what you're implying is that since I can and do think for myself that I am not welcome here...in your view? Since reality seems to make you uncomfortable, you would be better served adjusting to reality rather than trying to bend reality to fit a particular failed dogma. :idea31:

Stop it your killing me.... If you read the previous post it only asked questions(which you didn't answer).

And you assumed all of this from that post?

You do seem confused son.

B.T.W. Got another question for you.

What is a metric cruiser?    :P  :o  :P

Iron Indian Whats up with Massachuessets?

You betcha Bin Laden and Al Queda would rather have Kerry as President than Bush.

Chiefin, Right on! FOC Teddy the other distinguished Senator from Massachusetts.Blithering fool standing so far left can't take him seriously and no I have never forgotten Mary Jo Kopechne...Or any of the outlandish things that family has done to disgrace themselves and American politics.

These 2 Senators from Massachusetts approve of gay marriage? First in the nation.

Kerry's daughter is already hanging out in France.

Did y'all see her at the French Cannes film festival in the see through top? Nice Rack! But she has a horse head attached to them.Mr. Ed face, just like her old man.

Unfortunate that this is the best the Democratic party has to offer.

Democrats will support anyone as long as it isn't Bush.They are still whining about the last election.

Damn glad Gore didn't get in cause we'd be FOC'd. Look at the way he has made an ass of himself since losing........To be continued........

Did you know his wife was Republican? And was married to a member of a very rich food processing family from Pa.? Her late husband was one of the great politicians the state of Pa. ever had (who was Republican), and if you believe in conspiricy theories, died when his helicopter was crashed into by a jet just before he ran for president against Clinton.  Her husband was Senator John Hienz (Heinz foods)

Throughout man's history, as far back as biblical times, there have been men, or groups of men, whose intentions were domination and control of the planet. The tactics and tools may change but the end goal has always been the same. Control the population. In ancient times, the aggressor simply sent in his army and enslaved the inhabitants. From the Babylonians to the Greeks, to the Romans; the rulers dominated the earth by wielding an iron fist. Through military strength and terror, governments kept the public cowed and yielding to it's will. While effective, this form of rule was not absolute. Eventually patriots would grow tired of being enslaved, and when their numbers grew large enough, and their desire for freedom great enough; rulers were easily dethroned. Rulers eventually found it impossible to completely subdue the population by might alone. Armies cost money, were hard to keep motivated and almost always turned against the ruler himself. During the Middle Ages the tool was religion. Men grew powerful by forcing the population into submission by fear in the name of God. Those that defied the Church were pagans and heretics and were punished by death. The Church's reign was short lived as men with guns and armor were far scarier and more immediate than threats of eternal damnation. The Church could not mobilize armies the way despots could and soon lost their power. Throughout this period there were two constants. In order to ensure power the ruler must have a strong military and the citizenry must be kept poor. As long as the peasants were poor, they could not build their own armies to dethrone the ruler. Unfortunately the people resented being poor and with strong will and courage, overcame their weaknesses. In Nazi Germany, Hitler understood this weakness and revolutionized domination.

Along with military might, he added blind patriotism and information. Hitler launched an incredible political campaign convincing the public that what he did was for the good of the state. He also controlled the publics access to information. Propaganda was Hitler's most effective tool against his own people. By controlling what information they received, only a very small force was required to maintain control, freeing up the army to deal with foreign enemies. German media and schools disseminated only information that was approved by the the state, and the State Security Force were masters at gathering information on possible enemies. The Gestapo was feared by all including the military. Files were kept on every military leader and through blackmail they were kept loyal. This technique was perfected by the State Security Force of the USSR. The KGB was feared not only by Soviets but throughout the world. KGB information lines were awesome. They held damning information on everybody from the Kremlin to the White House. Nobody had secrets that the KGB were not aware of and no information was passed to the public that they didn't approve. The Kremlin enslaved whole nations with nothing more than total terror of the KGB by the public and military. Yet even this kingdom was toppled by the same thing that toppled all the others. Money. Throughout history, it is the lack of money by the population or the government that has caused the demise of rulers. Either the people revolted because of starvation or the ruler could not afford to maintain his military. The only secure way to rule is to have all the money, while giving the impression to others that they have it. With unlimited funds, you can build unstoppable armies, bribe any ruler, and create the greatest intelligence/state security agency in the world. If the public believe they are rich, they will be unwilling to change the system or even see the evil in it. The people will fall into slavery gladly and despise anybody who would point out the evil. :nod:

Nice read, Xuxaw.  Very nice.  

I'd like to point out a few things that do help your argument that you merely brushed over.  More historians do not attribute inital tribal warfare directly to control issues.  Those started as a means of aquiring items the tribe/family did not have.  Food, furs and shelter would likely have been the first motivations for control.  When you consider warfare at its most basic, the population is most basic tool to have been used.  Prior to made weapons, simple numbers standing behind one group could provide an easy victory in the battle for the goods.  Expand this idea to control over the goods and you now have a tribe protecting goods or an area.

In short, the control issue has not been to directly control the populace for the simple sake of control, but to keep them useful as the most basic tool of warfare.

Warfare can now be defined as politcal debate (Dems v. Rep) as well as warfare over geographical lines.  It all comes down to numbers.  Religion, education, economy, lies, truths, and the media are all methods to massage the populace.

Porkchop, CLUE isn't just a boardgame for kids. Look into it.

You have given me a big CLUE. Wannabee. Living your life vicariously through boards. Why write all this shit and read about it when if you really want to know what its like. You will buy one and ride. Can't get the experience,  the feel or the love from a keyboard and monitor. Ya gotta live it to understand.

B.T.W.You also have to be at least 18 to ride one in this state.

If you are physically handicapped I will apologize in advance.

Love Porkchop

What Is Politics?

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,"

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo."

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Archived