Indian Motorcycle Community

HUMMER IS NOW CHINESE

The plot slickens...GOVCO-GM has trasferred Hummer to new CHINESE owners...How long will it take to get parts out of Shanghai??? No national security issues??? ;):rolleyes: LOOK PEOPLE ---> The US Obama govt. has been nationalizing the wrong segments of our economic infrastructure. It would have been far more fair to uphold the US Constitution and nationalize the Federal Reserve and it's regional banking system. <---LOOK PEOPLE>>>Foreign Bank Cartels should not be allowed to take ownership of this country and dismantle our economy piece by peace...What's next ? JEEP? ABRAMS TANK PLANT? BOEING? UNBELIEVABLE!!! <_<

good riddance, they deserve the ugly gas suckin peices of shit. I'd say that's a win for our side.

I agree with ya in principle of course, but those lines of junk need to go

I agree with you BUT, NO US company stepped up to the plate to buy HUMMER, nor did a European, Asian company for that matter, so it was that or the US loses 3000+ jobs.

i guess there is SOME good news... maybe we can put a self destruct button in them so they can't be used against us when we're at war with china..

The General Motors Corp. assembly plant in Shreveport would pick up additional production of the Hummer H3 and the Hummer H3T pickup truck under a proposed deal for GM to sell the brand to Chinese manufacturer Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co.

Hummer spokesman Nick Richards said a plant in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, that produces several models for GM would cease assembling Hummers, with that production — about 10,000 vehicles annually — being shifted to Louisiana.

In 2008, the Shreveport plant produced 31,754 Hummer units, Richards said.

Richards said Hummer intended to introduce a small diesel engine to the vehicles for sale in Europe and Australia. “That’s almost an expectation to get into those markets,” he said.

Hummer’s current diesel engine will not meet future U.S. emission standards. The company is studying whether a new diesel version for United States markets is workable, Richards said.

Sichuan Tengzhong said it planned to keep existing U.S. dealer agreements and expand the worldwide Hummer network, particularly in China.

eric

Let them have it. It is not working well to protect soldiers and was never intended to do so. Doesn't belong here on the roads anyway - just a bling thing.

From here...NetCarShow

The HMMWV has proven very vulnerable to light infantry weapons as far back as the Somalia intervention; in its defense, it was never designed to offer such protection. With the rise of asymmetric warfare and low-intensity conflicts, the HMMWV has found itself thrust into urban combat roles it was not originally intended for. Although the large variety of HMMWV types is a testament to the vehicle's adaptability to changing mission conditions, it was never designed to be an armored personnel carrier (APC).

As it is not an armored vehicle, HMMWVs are very vulnerable to rocket propelled grenades and offer the troops within little protection from small arms fire. Although there are several armor kits available for the vehicle which afford it greater protection from small-arms fire, these were not provided in great numbers to American forces in Iraq prior to the invasion. As a result of this, American soldiers and Marines often improvise extra armor layers with scrap materials (also known as "hillbilly armor") to improve the safety of the HMMWV. While "hardening" or "up-armoring" their vehicles with sandbags, metal, and plywood does make the vehicles arguably safer, it also slows them down. It has also been argued that hardening simply creates more shrapnel when attacked with an RPG or improvised explosive device. This extra hardening further hampered the ability of the M998 and M1025 due to the addition of excess weight which overloaded the suspension and drivetrain components of these HMMWVs. Performance issues due to the high center of gravity and extra weight of up-armoring kits increase the risk of sway and rollover. Unlike similar-size civilian cargo and tow trucks, which typically have dual rear wheels to reduce sway, the HMMWV has single rear wheels. The independent rear suspension coupled with the body design may preclude "dually" fitment which is the standard for solid-axle trucks of that weight range.

In response to the perceived vulnerability of HMMWVs operating in Iraq, the U.S. Department of Defense contracted AM General to make the M1114 Uparmored HMMWV. The M1114 has been in limited production since 1996 and had seen limited use in the Balkans before deployment to the Middle East. This design has a larger, more powerful engine with a turbocharger, air conditioning and a strengthened suspension and boasts a fully armored passenger area protected by hardened steel and bullet-proof glass. With the increase in direct attacks and guerilla warfare in Iraq AM General has diverted the majority of its manufacturing power to producing these vehicles.

In December 2004, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld came under criticism from U.S. soldiers and their families for not providing better equipped HMMWV. Rumsfeld pointed out that, prior to the war, armor kits were produced only in small numbers per year. As the role of American forces in Iraq changed from fighting the Iraqi Army to suppressing the guerrilla insurgency, armor kits were being manufactured as fast as additional production facilities could be brought online. Armor aggravates the severe inherent performance limitations of a light truck with independent suspension, but it does offer improved protection. Other countries experienced in urban war such as Russia and Israel rely on tracked armored personnel carriers, but the wheeled HMMWV fits current anti-track sentiment among Army senior leadership as exemplified by the Stryker and other wheeled systems.

Weaknesses

As an unarmoured vehicle it is vulnerable to about any weapon capable of hitting it. As a primary threat, RPG's can penetrate and thus completely annihilate an HMMWV. As a secondary threat, AK47-fire reportedly sometimes makes it to the inside, and is still capable of wounding passengers. This is mostly when the 7.62 mm bullets are fired from a short distance, and is also depending where exactly the vehicle is struck. Besides fire from foot-soldiers, it is also very vulnerable to road side bombs (IEDs and land mines), as proven in Iraq. The armor on most up-armored humvees holds up well against lateral (from the side) blasts when the blast is distributed in all different directions, but runs a greater risk of a mobility or catastrophic kill when struck by a blast from beneath. Also the person mounting the machine gun on the top of the vehicle is extremely vunerable to enemy fire.

Replacement

The US government is seeking a replacement for the AM General truck, and the U.S. Army's Tank and Automotive Command is currently refereeing a prototype competition. Navistar International and Lockheed Martin are participating, while AM General has not been selected. The Navistar entry is based on their International CXT line, and this truck has already been prototyped to replace the HMMWV for non-military use by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, and Border Patrol.

The Marine Corps is also looking into replacements for the HMMWV. The Office of Naval Research is funding Georgia Tech's ULTRA AP, a combat concept vehicle based on the F350 chassis, but with a radical "blast bucket" passenger compartment, and Ultra 3T, a project with more advanced (but unproven) technologies.

The Hummers that G M builds that is being sold is not the ones made for the military. In fact the humvee is built for the Military by A M General, a defence contactor. G M's H-2 and H-3 are not even close to the Military Humvee. The H-1 was close but has not been in production for years.

Ok 77clone beat me to it.

Edited by Vintageroger

I agree with you BUT, NO US company stepped up to the plate to buy HUMMER, nor did a European, Asian company for that matter, so it was that or the US loses 3000+ jobs.

US economy is sick :sick0021: . Capitol investment funding is all but frozen on a national scale. This is the strategy of the architects of the New World Order Wall Streeet and international bankster cartels. Lame duck Bush could have headed this situation off last year with a stimulis package designed to restore banking control to Congress in accordance with the US Constitution. Instead of Trillions of dollars wasted and unaccounted for, we could have paid down our national debt, seeded public co-op financial institutions and the "Heartbeat of America" would not have skipped a beat. We could have gotten control of a runaway housing market and weathered this recession as a time of rebuilding with the Federal Reserve money creation system in public not private hands. This way billions in interest and direct proceeds would enter our own bank. Let's say that our loan volume for 2009 would have been 10 trillion dollars. This could have been funded by 1 trillion actual dollars on hand thru the common banking standard of "Fractional Reserve" . Even at low interest rates, this volume would bring 250 billion dollars back as profit to the public owned Federal Bank to be used to fund entitlements or unfunded mandates such as Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, Minimum Wage, Lower Taxes, etc. Small business & new startups could be the major benefactor for growth.

Right now, the Federal Government and 46 out of 50 State Governments are insolvent. The level of corruption in the Federal Reserve is only magnified by the fact that it can only account for $5trillion dollars of the over $14 trillion dollars it has created to finance this 'stimulas package'. There is over $9 trillion dollars missing and unaccounted for. This is a collosal amount of capitol investment to remain invisible for too long and there should be a wide and easily followed paper trail to track to it's destinations. No one in authority seems concerned at this time.

The insolvent states should at least look to North Dakota and establish thier own public state banks. States would get out of the red and into the black quickly and more easily than in any other way. :Cheers[1]:

Doesn't belong here on the roads anyway - just a bling thing.

From here...NetCarShow

that mentality is against what we believe.....the right to buy and drive what we want as our own personal finances dictate as encouraged by our tastes and values. If they can do that with the Hummer then what is to stop them from hi capacity firearms or my home....??

Slippery slope telling someone they should not be able to buy something just because we dont agree with their choice.

that mentality is against what we believe.....the right to buy and drive what we want as our own personal finances dictate as encouraged by our tastes and values. If they can do that with the Hummer then what is to stop them from hi capacity firearms or my home....??

Slippery slope telling someone they should not be able to buy something just because we dont agree with their choice.

or it could get really bad and they would make us all ride....goldwings....oh...the horror, the humanity. :P

Yep

And don't forget, many wanna take away the right to RIDE a motorcycle. Especially on public roads.

or it could get really bad and they would make us all ride....goldwings....oh...the horror, the humanity. :P

:rotfl: yeah - that

Sorry Brock - no apologies for my "mentality". Where did I say someone couldn't buy one and drive one. I simply said my opinion that that is not a great vehicle for the roads - and that they can build 'em in China for all I care. I have no use for these. My personal tastes and "finances dictate" that I could care less if they're sold off somewhere. I still don't think that govco should dictate it - and I don't recall seeing that they did - I do recall that they (GM) chose to include it in the plan they are presenting govco - coulda been any line.

I also recall seeing that the American consumer was generally choosing NOT to buy one, that the line was hurting and they had begun scaling back production - several times. It's a loser as a passenger road car - buh bye.

Edited by Blackdog

not sure about cali but there are a hell of a lot of H3 and H2 Hummers around South Carolina...from thugs to MILFs to building contractors....all shapes and sizes.

i was focusing more on the DOESNT BELONG HERE ON ROADS ANYHOW- JUST A BLING THING

I wil go back to work now :D :D

not sure about cali but there are a hell of a lot of H3 and H2 Hummers around South Carolina...from thugs to MILFs to building contractors....all shapes and sizes.

i was focusing more on the DOESNT BELONG HERE ON ROADS ANYHOW- JUST A BLING THING

I wil go back to work now :D:D

WTF ? Brock..I would have thought you, of all people, would want a Chinese Hummer...

40.jpg

Edited by HARLEYNOT

I just can't stand to look at the ghetto cruisers with the chrome spinning wheels.

And the 2 hummers that GM put out our on the 1/2 ton pickup chassis, and the smaller is on the Colorado (old s-10) chassis. Just an ugly body on a pickup. Not one damn thing to do with the army version, just a stolen name badge to sell to morons.

From Motor Trend and that was 2007 reporting in early 2008

Saturn up, Hummer down in sales per franchise

Posted April 21 2008 09:56 AM by Nate Martinez

Category: Auto News, Sales Results

Saturn gained the most registrations per dealer franchise with Hummer recording the biggest decline in 2007, according to a recent study published by Automotive News.

The two General Motors brands were opposite of each other in sales numbers that were largely blamed on the ever increasing prices for fuel (which again achieved a record high today). Saturn posted a growth of 55 registrations per franchise up to 479, versus Hummer's plummet of 90 registrations per dealers to 285. Tied for first with Saturn was Germany's BMW with 55 more registrations than in 2006.

Working against the Detroit 3 brands are the vast amounts of franchises the automakers have to account for when looking into registrations per outlet. In addition, Detroit 3 brands are striving to consolidate dealerships into multi-brand outlets that will increase dealer profitability in the long run. While import brands are increasing their per annum sales at each dealer, the lesser amount of dealers that import manufacturers operate compared to their domestic counterparts must be considered when analyzing sales figures.

As a result, Ford's vice president of marketing and communications Jim Farley stated that the Dearborn automaker looks more at the dealers overall profitability rather than sales per dealer. "Our dealership profitability, in total and on average, went up last year," Farley said.

Taking all factors into consideration, Japan's Big 3 effectively beat out domestic manufacturers in sales per franchise for 2007. Although Toyota Motors posted a reduction of five vehicle registrations per outlet, the Japanese automaker still claimed top position for overall sales with 1,628 per franchise. American Honda recorded an increase of 10 vehicles to 1,165, while Nissan North America had an increase of two vehicles to 746.

Industry wide sales per dealership went down by seven vehicles to a total of 322 cars sold in 2007.

Source: Automotive News (subscription required)

By September 2008 they were crashing and burning...

One of Biggest Hummer Dealerships Closes as GM tries to sell brand....from the Wall Street Journal

Edited by Blackdog

From Motor Trend and that was 2007 reporting in early 2008

Saturn up, Hummer down in sales per franchise

Posted April 21 2008 09:56 AM by Nate Martinez

Category: Auto News, Sales Results

Saturn gained the most registrations per dealer franchise with Hummer recording the biggest decline in 2007, according to a recent study published by Automotive News.

The two General Motors brands were opposite of each other in sales numbers that were largely blamed on the ever increasing prices for fuel (which again achieved a record high today). Saturn posted a growth of 55 registrations per franchise up to 479, versus Hummer's plummet of 90 registrations per dealers to 285. Tied for first with Saturn was Germany's BMW with 55 more registrations than in 2006.

Working against the Detroit 3 brands are the vast amounts of franchises the automakers have to account for when looking into registrations per outlet. In addition, Detroit 3 brands are striving to consolidate dealerships into multi-brand outlets that will increase dealer profitability in the long run. While import brands are increasing their per annum sales at each dealer, the lesser amount of dealers that import manufacturers operate compared to their domestic counterparts must be considered when analyzing sales figures.

As a result, Ford's vice president of marketing and communications Jim Farley stated that the Dearborn automaker looks more at the dealers overall profitability rather than sales per dealer. "Our dealership profitability, in total and on average, went up last year," Farley said.

Taking all factors into consideration, Japan's Big 3 effectively beat out domestic manufacturers in sales per franchise for 2007. Although Toyota Motors posted a reduction of five vehicle registrations per outlet, the Japanese automaker still claimed top position for overall sales with 1,628 per franchise. American Honda recorded an increase of 10 vehicles to 1,165, while Nissan North America had an increase of two vehicles to 746.

Industry wide sales per dealership went down by seven vehicles to a total of 322 cars sold in 2007.

Source: Automotive News (subscription required)

By September 2008 they were crashing and burning...

One of Biggest Hummer Dealerships Closes as GM tries to sell brand....from the Wall Street Journal

all this tells me is...collectively we are a bunch of dumb fuckers who don't give a shit. WAKE UP AMERICA. WHILE THERE IS AN AMERICA.

I just can't stand to look at the ghetto cruisers with the chrome spinning wheels.

And the 2 hummers that GM put out our on the 1/2 ton pickup chassis, and the smaller is on the Colorado (old s-10) chassis. Just an ugly body on a pickup. Not one damn thing to do with the army version, just a stolen name badge to sell to morons.

geez...I will tell my moron wife, who wants/wanted a hummer, who actually built the hubs for the "army version" that it's just an ugly body on a pickup. on the high horse tonight arent we aiken? true the new hummers are a mere shadow of the military units mechanically, but looks are subjective and most of us aren't crossing the sands of iraq either, are we? i think a honda accord is the epitome of an ugly utilitarian vehicle. apparently many others disagree. i don't call them morons for liking something i don't. moron for buying one...possibly. but not because of looks.

Edited by badndn

I guess we all have wanted a Hummer at one time or another but the proof is in the pudding. If it was a great vehicle, the Chinese wouldn't own it right now. Nothing against anyone who wants or does own one but when I looked at the H2 sometime back they really came is dead last in almost every performance category. The Yukon I bought isn't much better and I'm sure at today's gas prices someone will call me a moron for driving one (about 2 seconds before I squish their little Yugo asses!)

Yep, I'm a moron, had a Hummer for two years and ya know I liked the vehice. I must be a double moron though, I also own a Indian motorcycle even though I knew all of the problems with it! Shame on people for liking what they like!

all this tells me is...collectively we are a bunch of dumb fuckers who don't give a shit. WAKE UP AMERICA. WHILE THERE IS AN AMERICA.

What it tells me is there is no (or miniscule) demand for this vehicle on the US roads and most people WOKE UP and realized that - increasingly as their wallets began to hurt. Just couldn't make that personal cost/benefit thing work for most people. I could care less if a few want to bling around in them and buy them - from whomever. They don't impress me. Don't need the albatross at GM.

What it tells me is there is no (or miniscule) demand for this vehicle on the US roads and most people WOKE UP and realized that - increasingly as their wallets began to hurt. Just couldn't make that personal cost/benefit thing work for most people. I could care less if a few want to bling around in them and buy them - from whomever. They don't impress me. Don't need the albatross at GM.

YOU are singular. you don't have to make a million of a product to make money...just ask indian.