Indian Motorcycle Community

IIRA TRAVELING TROPHY?????

Hey Doc, What about a traveling trophy next year. One of my buddys does this for a dirt race he has every year. Maybe Mike and Handan pick the winner every year, we could call it Host Choice. Just the bike that grabs their eye. The only requirment is they be an IIRA member. That way we know where to find the trohpy if it cant make it back, we can ship it back Anyway, We would start with a kind of big simple base, then add a riser and a nice topper, that is it. The winner of the award will take it home with them every year. They will then add something to the trophy, something indian Might be a vavle, a concho, and handgrip, a rocker cover, belt pulley,head gasket, whatever, as long as it is indian related. They can drill the base, use glue whatever, to attach said item. The trophy will keep growing over the years. I have been fortune enough to win a traveling trophy, it was the coolest trophy I had, but only for one year. What do you guys think?

The skiny little guy racing has a good idea.

Yup.

Kind of like the Stanley Cup....adding to it as needed.

I like the idea.

Joe

Kind of like the Stanley Cup....adding to it as needed.

I like the idea.

Joe

Yes, The holder of the award could add anything Indian. A broken mirror, a peice of a gates belt, a head gasket, a floorboard, whatever. They grow and grow, and gain character every year. In a few years, this will be the trophy everybody wants. Because everybody has something at home that would look cool on the trophy. OFG

l

Cruzer`s Line .....

......... Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat = We are always in the manure only the depth varies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by SwissIndian

Sounds like an excellent idea.

We will actually have a LOT of new trophies next year. We've already been discussing it.

For example:

We will add a Spirit trophy, and keep the 'Other' class, but it will be separate.

There will be a trophy for the rider who RODE the farthest to attend.

There will also be a trophy for the member who came the farthest, which Woody will win every year, unless our Slovakian, Indian (as in India) member, or maybe a certain long-lost brother in Shanghai (who occasionally surfaces), will show up...

Anyhow, please feel free to submit ideas. We are already planning 2010...

-Doc

About trophies, what were the results for this year? I know HF is gonna give me hell here, all morning he was tellin me "Just hang out 2 more hours" couldn't do it though, had to hit the road. We stayed later than we should've anyway and got home at midnight anyway. At 50 degrees and falling it was a bit chilly at 80 mph!!!

Did anyone get a count on bikes and people that attended this year??

Edited by kc indiana

About trophies, what were the results for this year? I know HF is gonna give me hell here, all morning he was tellin me "Just hang out 2 more hours" couldn't do it though, had to hit the road. We stayed later than we should've anyway and got home at midnight anyway. At 50 degrees and falling it was a bit chilly at 80 mph!!!

Did anyone get a count on bikes and people that attended this year??

Best Classic: Phil the Grizz's Rainbow Chief

Best Scout: the Hacksaw Tribe's Yellow Peril (I don't even LIKE yellow, and I voted for it!)

Best "Other" 4-Paws' Voyager 4-wheel Chief

Best Chief: Fireman Dave's sweet black Chief with the awesome metalwork embossing.

Best Antique: MG's 1911 replica. (NO. I refused to vote.)

Best Modern Era: Marwan's Chief

Best Custom: Moe's hybrid Chief.

"Most Wanted" : Maldev's Board Tracker.

"People's Choice": Uuuuh. I forget. Oh... yeah... da Chopper!!! :lol: (Awesome, truly, Potter.)

Best In Show: IndianStage's Spirit. (Way to go, Luca!)

-Doc

Best Classic: Phil the Grizz's Rainbow Chief

Best Scout: the Hacksaw Tribe's Yellow Peril (I don't even LIKE yellow, and I voted for it!)

Best "Other" 4-Paws' Voyager 4-wheel Chief

Best Chief: Fireman Dave's sweet black Chief with the awesome metalwork embossing.

Best Antique: MG's 1911 replica. (NO. I refused to vote.)

Best Modern Era: Marwan's Chief

Best Custom: Moe's hybrid Chief.

"Most Wanted" : Maldev's Board Tracker.

"People's Choice": Uuuuh. I forget. Oh... yeah... da Chopper!!! :lol: (Awesome, truly, Potter.)

Best In Show: IndianStage's Spirit. (Way to go, Luca!)

-Doc

....... Well done Mark :Beer-Chug[1]: ........ I think Maldev should have all the photos B)

Yes, The holder of the award could add anything Indian. A broken mirror, a peice of a gates belt, a head gasket, a floorboard, whatever. They grow and grow, and gain character every year. In a few years, this will be the trophy everybody wants. Because everybody has something at home that would look cool on the trophy. OFG

clever idea. The first few pieces that I think would be appropriate would be cam triger, relay, and a piece from a squeeky belt. Parts that have certainly gotten their fair share of discussions on this forum.

Edited by Vintage229

I already know what I'm adding if I ever win........

Thanx, D

I already know what I'm adding if I ever win........

Thanx, D

I know what I adding too! Of course there would be a plaque on the trophy, every year the winners name would be added to that. Then it just grows from there. It will be fun. I think Host Choice is a good name for it. Whatever bike Mike and Handan like that year, could be any make any model, just as long as they are a member. Dino

Sounds like an excellent idea.

We will actually have a LOT of new trophies next year. We've already been discussing it.

For example:

We will add a Spirit trophy, and keep the 'Other' class, but it will be separate.

There will be a trophy for the rider who RODE the farthest to attend.

There will also be a trophy for the member who came the farthest, which Woody will win every year, unless our Slovakian, Indian (as in India) member, or maybe a certain long-lost brother in Shanghai (who occasionally surfaces), will show up...

Anyhow, please feel free to submit ideas. We are already planning 2010...

-Doc

Best 5 Black and Reds in show ....

clever idea. The first few pieces that I think would be appropriate would be cam triger, relay, and a piece from a squeeky belt. Parts that have certainly gotten their fair share of discussions on this forum.

and starter, and blown head gaskets, and crank cases, and pinion shafts, and melted spot wires, and cracked spot brackets, and broken S&S Chief fenders, and rotten chrome rims, and ..... how about an entire blown PP engine?

....... Well done Mark :Beer-Chug[1]: ........ I think Maldev should have all the photos B)

Oops! I forgot to thank my fellow Judges, Woody and Lionel. Well done, Doods.

What...a hanger! :lol:

As long as it is something that doesn't require KY or Astroglide.. :o .

how about an entire blown PP engine?

Actually, I was thinking about a blown PP cylinde as the main part of the trophy...

-Doc