Indian Motorcycle Community

Tulsa, OK Dealership Grand Opening

According to the owners the grand opening will be the weekend of 10, 11, 12 July (Fri, Sat, Sun). Dealership is located at 5700 South 107 East Avenue Tulsa, OK 74146. Hope to see everyone there.

According to the owners the grand opening will be the weekend of 10, 11, 12 July (Fri, Sat, Sun). Dealership is located at 5700 South 107 East Avenue Tulsa, OK 74146. Hope to see everyone there.

Gotcha...............

Ok, who is opening this store? Is it our old Indian Dealership team? they are great people and have kept my business since Indian dropped the bomb back in 03! I would be hard pressed to deal with anyone else but I will be there to check it out.

Ok, who is opening this store? Is it our old Indian Dealership team? they are great people and have kept my business since Indian dropped the bomb back in 03! I would be hard pressed to deal with anyone else but I will be there to check it out.

I talked to those folks, Iron Lightning Big Dog formerly Indian of Tulsa, a while back. Asked him if he had been approached by Kings Mountain. He had, but said he couldn't come to terms with their attitude. There is nothing at all wrong with his facility. It would meet the KM's criteria completely. It may have had to do with the Big Dog dealership. He has managed to stay in business without Indian since Gilroy shutdown. Guess if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Also, he lhad a couple of Gilroys in his shop being worked on. Very accomodating fella, I was there buying parts for the scout. I'm still on his mailing list since back in ought-three.

Last time I talked t them they had no interest in being a dealer hope it is the same people. She was trying to

sell me al their Indian Gilroy items.

Kevin

Yep, that was what I got too! I have not talked with them as well but since I started the home remodel job I parked the bike at the back of the garage so I could not ride and would get the work done.

We had a special service at a local cemetery for a vet who passed away 20 years ago over the weekend who had not been buried. He was cremated, placed in an urn 20 years ago. He was paralyzed in Nam and his mother had taken care of him until he passed. She was trying to have him placed at Arlington herself and became ill and passed away before she could get it done. A local antique dealer bought a military foot locker at a garage sale for $5.00, opened it up and found the vets uniforms, Purple heart, other medals, paperwork and the urn with his ashes in it. He contacted a local vets organization and they with Floral Heaven Cometary created a monument to honor all vets and placed the lost vets ashes in the monument and sealed it.

I know, long story but it made me realize that I needed to clean out the garage and go to the service. Sometimes it is more important to ride than work on the house. I will stop by and see the folks at Iron Lightning and see if they are part of the new Indian Dealership.

Nope, not the same people that had the old one. The current dealer is the Polaris dealership at the same location.

• 1 month later...

Bump. Grand opening with truck and demo rides THIS WEEKEND!!!! My wife and I will be there Friday if anyone wants to link up and have lunch or ride around.

Bump. Grand opening with truck and demo rides THIS WEEKEND!!!! My wife and I will be there Friday if anyone wants to link up and have lunch or ride around.

My kid's playing baseball 120 miles in the opposite direction.............

See ya next time................

Hey let them know I will be needing to test ride a scoot from 8-1-09 till 8-10-09 :D

WOW! A great time was had by all. Janice and I got to see Butch and Joyce again (met them at Branson) and they are running a first class operation. :Score-101010[1]:

I got to test ride one of the new Chiefs. Actually, according to David, the guy from KM that brought the bikes out, the "demo bikes" were all prototypes that didn't have all the final upgrades that the production models received.

So, knowing that, here is my take on the 09 Chief: Very well balanced and smooth riding. Translation: NO TRAILS IN THE MIRRORS!! Man that bike ran smooth and it was so nice to be able to see clear images in your mirrors at any speed. I did not like the handlebars. I felt like I was leaned toward them too much. I love my beach bars and the way the pull back towards the rider. I also HATED the exposed wiring. Looks very tacky. I loved the 6 speed transmission. It was WAY cool to be doing 70 and think, I'm still in 5th, then switch to 6th and keep going faster. Not crazy about the signal switch not being self cancelling. I'm used to that and enjoy not having to shut it off. The lead rider took us on some crazy roads, rough roads, winding roads, and the highways. Bike performed very well on all of them. Overall, very impressive, but no so impressive that I'll pull the trigger on one now ('course my impending "vacation" has some influence as well). I can't wait to see the upcoming models though!!!

I'll post some pics of the grand opening too. If any of you are ever in the Tulsa, OK area, PLEASE go by and see and support Butch and Joyce, they are first class people and a pleasure to deal with and talk to.

gallery_4018_101_72295.jpg

Edited by Scalper38