Indian Motorcycle Community

New President of Harley Davidson

Now some of the doubting of Indian was that the Stev(ph)es had no motorycle background.....now looks like Harley is placing sound business decisions over being brought up in motorcycle culture or within their own ranks. 21 years at Johnston Controls and now leading Harley.... Said it was because HD needed to restructure and bring in sound business sense to weather the economy.

http://bikeweek.com/news.cfm/mode/details/id/4900

No experience in the field? Why not? It worked for Obama....

a successful businessman brought in to straighten out a business in trouble. what a novel idea.

Some say a fresh approach,or an outside set of eyes can be needed when the current business model is in need of a tune up.

:I-Agree[1]: FoMoCo brought LaLallie(spell check) in from the air lines to replace "Bill the third" best thing they could have done IMO.....

Like most (not all) who buy their bikes, no motorcycle experience.

Depends on how big the organization is. When ya get to the Fortune 500 types, there are so many levels between people who know the product and the money guy at the top anybody can be the CEO, and these knuckleheads prove that everyday. CEO's are like a political appointment. A good leader is going to delegate the decisions at the level it needs to be made, or to the experts in thier field. Unfortunately at those levels egos are so big they can't do it.

JOHNSON CONTROL = non union/scab labor..... :eyeblinks:

looks like that is why they are still in business and successful....dont have a union sucking them dry.

I used to own a AMF sailboard... :bum:

I used to have a blue AMF bowling ball.

And a blue AMF Harley Davidson. :lol:

-Doc

I used to have a blue AMF bowling ball.

And a blue AMF Harley Davidson. :lol:

-Doc

I'm thinking a video of Charger riding a sailboard might just get us that $10,000 check on AFV ;)

I'm thinking a video of Charger riding a sailboard might just get us that $10,000 check on AFV ;)

He needs to be holding the bowling ball also :P

looks like that is why they are still in business and successful....dont have a union sucking them dry.

yea....I feel bad drawin that pention.....n the Blue cross card.....just tore me up...when I had O/heart surgry....n didn't have a Co-Pay.....

JOHNSON CONTROL = non union/scab labor..... :eyeblinks:

Scab labor is the only way to go. It will get done. But johnson control is union around here or parts of it. When we work with johnson control around here they are nothing but a pain in the ass. Alway looking for something,they don't know what but just looking . Just to make the job go longer and cost more.

:babyhaha: Guess yer 1 of those NonUnion Scabs......& live in a RIGHT TO WERK STATE also...... :babyhaha:

Scab labor is the only way to go. It will get done. But johnson control is union around here or parts of it. When we work with johnson control around here they are nothing but a pain in the ass. Alway looking for something,they don't know what but just looking . Just to make the job go longer and cost more.

Yea....thats because WE kicked their ASS till they became UNION....& all I'm say'n is: "a honest days work for a honest wage".....if you wanna work for $2.00 ahour....BLESS YOU...SCAB..... :Rulz[1]::babyhaha::Feet-Up[1]:

:babyhaha: Guess yer 1 of those NonUnion Scabs......& live in a RIGHT TO WERK STATE also...... :babyhaha:

my job does not have a union and yes I am in Right to work state. In my opinion the UAW is what killed the automakers.....along with the pussified CEOs that agreed to the bullshit demands of the UAW.

Best thing to happen is bankruptcy and reorganize without UAW or with a new contract that is more reasonable...

Yea....thats because WE kicked their ASS till they became UNION....& all I'm say'n is: "a honest days work for a honest wage".....if you wanna work for $2.00 ahour....BLESS YOU...SCAB..... :Rulz[1]::babyhaha::Feet-Up[1]:

:babyhaha: weren't you in the UAW ??????????

You got that right. And love it. And so does the cookie lady.

Yes, he does belong ta th' UNITED ASSHOLES of th' WORLD.

I've been known to be with them,I didn't think they were union. They all must have been on the bench when I was there.