Maybe you'd like to hear about something other than idiot Reservists and

naked Iraqis.

Maybe you'd like to hear about a real American, somebody who honored the

uniform he wears.

Meet Brian Chontosh.

ChontoshLR.jpg

Churchville-Chili Central School class of 1991. Proud graduate of the

Rochester Institute of Technology. Husband and about-to-be father. First

lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps.

And a genuine hero.

The secretary of the Navy said so yesterday.

At 29 Palms in California Brian Chontosh was presented with the Navy Cross,

the second highest award for combat bravery the United States can bestow.

That's a big deal.

But you won't see it on the network news tonight, and all you read in

Brian's hometown newspaper was two paragraphs of nothing. Instead, it was

more blather about some mental defective MPs who acted like animals.

The odd fact about the American media in this war is that it's not covering

the American military. The most plugged-in nation in the world is receiving

virtually no true information about what its warriors are doing.

Oh, sure, there's a body count. We know how many Americans have fallen. And

we see those same casket pictures day in and day out. And we're almost on a

first-name basis with the pukes who abused the Iraqi prisoners. And we know

all about improvised explosive devices and how we lost Fallujah and what

Arab public-opinion polls say about us and how the world hates us.

We get a non-stop feed of gloom and doom.

But we don't hear about the heroes.

The incredibly brave GIs who honorably do their duty. The ones our

grandparents would have carried on their shoulders down Fifth Avenue.

The ones we completely ignore.

Like Brian Chontosh.

It was a year ago on the march into Baghdad. Brian Chontosh was a platoon

leader rolling up Highway 1 in a humvee.

When all hell broke loose.

Ambush city.

The young Marines were being cut to ribbons. Mortars, machine guns, rocket

propelled grenades. And the kid out of Churchville was in charge. It was do

or die and it was up to him.

So he moved to the side of his column, looking for a way to lead his men to

safety. As he tried to poke a hole through the Iraqi line his humvee came

under direct enemy machine gun fire.

It was fish in a barrel and the Marines were the fish.

And Brian Chontosh gave the order to attack. He told his driver to floor the

humvee directly at the machine gun emplacement that was firing at them. And

he had the guy on top with the .50 cal unload on them.

Within moments there were Iraqis slumped across the machine gun and Chontosh

was still advancing, ordering his driver now to take the humvee directly

into the Iraqi trench that was attacking his Marines. Over into the

battlement the humvee went and out the door Brian Chontosh bailed, carrying

an M16 and a Beretta and 228 years of Marine Corps pride.

And he ran down the trench.

With its mortars and riflemen, machineguns and grenadiers.

And he killed them all.

He fought with the M16 until he was out of ammo. Then he fought with the

Beretta until it was out of ammo. Then he picked up a dead man's AK47 and

fought with that until it was out of ammo. Then he picked up another dead

man's AK47 and fought with that until it was out of ammo.

At one point he even fired a discarded Iraqi RPG into an enemy cluster,

sending attackers flying with its grenade explosion.

When he was done Brian Chontosh had cleared 200 yards of entrenched Iraqis

from his platoon's flank. He had killed more than 20 and wounded at least as

many more.

But that's probably not how he would tell it.

He would probably merely say that his Marines were in trouble, and he got

them out of trouble. Hoo-ah, and drive on.

"By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, unlimited courage in the

face of heavy enemy fire, and utmost devotion to duty,

1st Lt. Chontosh reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest

traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service."

That's what the citation says.

And that's what nobody will hear.

That's what doesn't seem to be making the evening news. Accounts of American

valor are dismissed by the press as propaganda, yet accounts of American

difficulties are heralded as objectivity. It makes you wonder if the role of

the media is to inform, or to depress - to report or to deride. To tell the

truth, or to feed us lies.

But I guess it doesn't matter.

We're going to turn out all right.

As long as men like Brian Chontosh wear our uniform.

Marine Capt. Brian R. Chontosh receives Navy Cross

Thats great ,I recieved that email awhile back! You wont hear stories like that in our media , he's an American !Our liberal peace marchers think we should only see images of Iraqui children in the streets starving , then blame the mishaps on us!

I could go , but I will refrain , because I get to intense in my feelings about this shit!

Thats great ,I recieved that email awhile back! You wont hear stories like that in our media , he's an American !Our liberal peace marchers think we should only see images of Iraqui children in the streets starving , then blame the mishaps on us!

I could go , but I will refrain , because I get to intense in my feelings about this shit!

Yep, I held off thinking MAYBY the media would pick up on it and celebrate a hero. :no:

They never did  :angry:

That's the real problem with our media...they only report on what they want, sometimes factual, a lot of times pure bullshit. We have finally seen something in the papers about the beheading...why not on the day they found out? Sad sack pieces of shit. The media beter never evr want to talk to me, I'd lay into them like a fox in a henhouse. Tear em a new one for sure. The reality is that we hear what they (media) wants us to hear, not what we should be hearing. If you haven't noticed, most TV stations quit calling snow storms blizzards. They get everyone riled up over 6-8 inches of snow. I told a co-worker, that if our local channel did that again, I was filing a lawsuit against them for inducing panic( they didn't do it once last year, but several time sthe year before).. Think about it, someone had to lay into them, because they no longer do it. If more people gave the media hell, they might(slim chance here) just straighten up.

I think your dreaming on that one fungus. being an election year too! get out the blood pressure meds because you havn't seen nothing yet out of the liberal , leftist, commy media. 95% of them should be tried and convicted for treason.

I don't even watch the news they piss me off so bad. :bomb:

leelynn...I kow what you're saying...it disgusts me terribly too. You are right...a lot of them should be tried for treason, or publicly shot, so that the rest of them straighten up...maybe I should get into politics...We'd do things quite a bit differently...

Brian Chontosh is the kind of man that makes me proud to be an American. Fungus, historically, at least in the last 50 years, an honest man doesn't do very well in politics, though there have been some notable exceptions.

I agree...that's problem...we need a real house cleaning to get rid of the lawyers, shysters, and all politians in general who do things to support what coprorate america wants, and not what is right for the poopulation in general.

Now thats the story that the media should be telling. I'll bet that there is plenty more men and women in uniform who wouldnt think twice about protecting their fellow troops in battle. All the media does by printing the crap stories is to lower the moral of the troops. They print all the stories from the bleeding hearts instead of stories showing support. Thats what sells them the papers. I for one may not agree with the reasoning behind the war but he is a tyrant and had to go sooner or later. I fully support your troops over there and wish them all well and to get home safe. Sorry we never sent troops to help but to be honest we dont have the troops to send. Our goverment since the early 70's have cut back on our military budget that we dont have the equipment to properly fight anymore. Our troops that we do have are top notch they are just under equiped. That I believe to be the main reason we didnt send troops. Our primeminister chose to say it was cause of the un instead of the truth which was we dont have the equipment or troops to send.  I'm rambeling here so I'll just quit now.

Thanks from a neighbor and freind, Al

I agree...that's problem...we need a real house cleaning to get rid of the lawyers, shysters, and all politians in general who do things to support what coprorate america wants, and not what is right for the poopulation in general.

The thing is is that too many people think that their particular representative is not part of the problem. :no: To do what you suggest, and I support and will do my part this November, would mean getting rid of both Democrats and Republicans! Democrats make easy targets, but modern Republicans I think are much worse. Bush has been a great disappointment and Frist is such a joke.

Kerry is the only option to Bush right now and sweet lord that just ain't saying much. The modern Republican Party is forcing me to vote Democrat at the top for the first time ever. honestly, I'm more anti-incumbent than I am anything else right now.

You think things are bad now , vote Kerry and when the Heir to millions wins , he wont be using his money to let the illegals in he'll be using our money !

I agree Bush is just a "regular" politician! But Kerry is nighmare waiting to happen , IMC goint into bankruptcy was a letdown for us , electing that asshole into the whitehouse will mean, new reforms , all poor people will be given new handouts at my and your extents!

Think hard before you go to Kerrys side , free enterprise will no longer exist the way we know it! More government restrictions .....

Ummmm, dude its Bush who wants to let the illegals in and give them amnesty, not Kerry.

Bush is nowhere being a 'regular" politician. BOTH Kerry and Bush went to Yale. Both are children of privilige. One went to Vietnam while the other went to Texas...when he bothered to show up.

If you think that Kerry is going to give handouts to the poor, then you don't follow politics closely at all. It was under Clinton and the Democrats that the budget was balanced. Greenspan is warning that the current out of control defecit will tank the US economy in a way that we will not simply be able to grow ourselves out. Businesses cannot go overseas fast enough and Bush advisors say its a good thing.

I am not a Democrat, but I expect to be accused of such rather shortly. I am a realist. Although I am no big fan of Kerry, I will not just sit back and let lies be spread as though they are true. Bush is not a fiscal Conservative. kerry will be...because he will have to be.

Archived