Indian Motorcycle Community

Some things that have had to be done to the Chief !

Did Gilroy Factory offer a ready made "Noose" ....optional item with the Chiefs?

Hey Chiefs aren't to bad with 21000mi on the clock, This stuff is after some factory work that was done by the first owner due to lube issues at crank,

Replace head gaskets, ( both burned through core)

lifters, (roller bushings failed)

starter jack shaft, (starter kick back broke it)

replace starter, ( clutch and drive turned to powder just free spun)

cam rotor, ? ( 6dg retarded) not sure this helped any thing in the end,but was told it would help with tolerance stack,

coil, ( broke at mounts and shorted on cover)

weld upper motor mount, cracking at "L"

had module re-maped 2X,

replace rear brake switch,

floor board isolators, ( sheering due to sharp edges on hole in boards) Filed these hole smooth,

plugs, ( fouled) cleaned first few times,

cam trigger, ( breaking down due to heat )

belt got rid of squealing noise, ( panther)

compensator sprocket, ( springs failed was noisy and vibrating )

transmission pulley to re-gear, (went down a tooth for lower rpms at freeway speeds)

transmission linkage' at box was loose had to clearance to be able to get clamp to tighten down tighter,

re-tap throttle housing to stop it from moving and taillight from staying on, (screws were stripped)

head light, (bulb)

starter relay, (clicked under dash only)

epoxied crack at base of dash (yes I have the shoulder bolt,was cracked when I got the bike)

gas lines, (dry rotted leaking by carb)

throttle cables, ( snapped)

clutch cable, ( leaking at crimp)

throw out bearing, (worn down at push rod end)

leaking oil line, ( sand in between lines due to confinement scrubbed through,replaced all of them)

leaking fork seals,also had to clean gray sludge out of fork tubes, (seals were blowing fluid to bad to even ride)

bulb warbonnet,

headlight bucket springs and adjusters, (plastic pieces adjustment screws go into)

actual headlight glass (teardrop), ( cracked down middle top to bottom ? why )

wiring to the front turn signals, (rotating bulbs twisted wiring till it snapped and shorted, this one was particularly fun to fix due to really short wires)

spot bulbs-both,

clearance rocker box due to push rod hitting, (front exhaust)

install relay for headlight circuit, (preventative due to running 55 watt spots)

clearance back side of war bonnet air cleaner for throttle linkage, (this is an aftermarket)

pull main jet to clean, (never helped any thing but did it two or three times,

pull petcock to clean screen (white tank sealer),

fix battery ground at frame (cleaned off powder coating under bolt),

re-glued battery vibration pads that were laying in bottom of battery box,

rear fender bolts stripped, (at front edges by frame)

saddle bag bracket came loose on back side and ate metal on mount area, (had to re-tap hole and replace missing bolt,

seat rear screw hole stripped, (re-tapped up larger)

change front and rear brakes, Pads,

dust boot rear brake reservoir actuator rod (rotten and hanging),

loose and rattling foot shifter linkage, (took all apart and lubed)

3 rear tires,

2 front,

two up seat,twice got corbin then had it recovered due to being hard as a rock,

pullback risers,

new handle bars,

crash bars,

rear foot pegs,

Oh but I got the bike with already 8000mi so this was in 13000mi of my ownership !

I bought the bike in 06.

If I woulda payed a qualified mechanic to do all this I coulda had an 09 I bet !

Am I alone ? Be interesting to see the list others have done.

I put gas in mine & change the oil every now&then :P

Yea ! And you always tell the truth too :P Just thought a review was in order b-4 the ride out to Branson <_< The wife has convinced me to bring it out in the truck, I have a 97 f250 Diesel I need to get a ramp for it.

Yea ! And you always tell the truth too :P Just thought a review was in order b-4 the ride out to Branson <_< The wife has convinced me to bring it out in the truck, I have a 97 f250 Diesel I need to get a ramp for it.

:Beer-Chug[1]:

my list would be at LEAST that long, IF i could remember it all.

Ya think so ? :lol:

lets here it.

I find it hard to believe in such a short time I have had to do this many things. <_<

He's not gay.

At least my wife of 20 yrs and my six kids and two grand kids don't think so, but hey some them there guppies come out to spawn kinda late, just I aint one of em :lol:

Fer spellin

Edited by Tahoe Chief

Hey Chiefs aren't to bad with 21000mi on the clock, This stuff is after some factory work that was done by the first owner due to lube issues at crank,

Replace head gaskets, ( both burned through core)

lifters, (roller bushings failed)

starter jack shaft, (starter kick back broke it)

replace starter, ( clutch and drive turned to powder just free spun)

cam rotor, ? ( 6dg retarded) not sure this helped any thing in the end,but was told it would help with tolerance stack,

coil, ( broke at mounts and shorted on cover)

weld upper motor mount, cracking at "L"

had module re-maped 2X,

replace rear brake switch,

floor board isolators, ( sheering due to sharp edges on hole in boards) Filed these hole smooth,

plugs, ( fouled) cleaned first few times,

cam trigger, ( breaking down due to heat )

belt got rid of squealing noise, ( panther)

compensator sprocket, ( springs failed was noisy and vibrating )

transmission pulley to re-gear, (went down a tooth for lower rpms at freeway speeds)

transmission linkage' at box was loose had to clearance to be able to get clamp to tighten down tighter,

re-tap throttle housing to stop it from moving and taillight from staying on, (screws were stripped)

head light, (bulb)

starter relay, (clicked under dash only)

epoxied crack at base of dash (yes I have the shoulder bolt,was cracked when I got the bike)

gas lines, (dry rotted leaking by carb)

throttle cables, ( snapped)

clutch cable, ( leaking at crimp)

throw out bearing, (worn down at push rod end)

leaking oil line, ( sand in between lines due to confinement scrubbed through,replaced all of them)

leaking fork seals,also had to clean gray sludge out of fork tubes, (seals were blowing fluid to bad to even ride)

bulb warbonnet,

headlight bucket springs and adjusters, (plastic pieces adjustment screws go into)

actual headlight glass (teardrop), ( cracked down middle top to bottom ? why )

wiring to the front turn signals, (rotating bulbs twisted wiring till it snapped and shorted, this one was particularly fun to fix due to really short wires)

spot bulbs-both,

clearance rocker box due to push rod hitting, (front exhaust)

install relay for headlight circuit, (preventative due to running 55 watt spots)

clearance back side of war bonnet air cleaner for throttle linkage, (this is an aftermarket)

pull main jet to clean, (never helped any thing but did it two or three times,

pull petcock to clean screen (white tank sealer),

fix battery ground at frame (cleaned off powder coating under bolt),

re-glued battery vibration pads that were laying in bottom of battery box,

rear fender bolts stripped, (at front edges by frame)

saddle bag bracket came loose on back side and ate metal on mount area, (had to re-tap hole and replace missing bolt,

seat rear screw hole stripped, (re-tapped up larger)

change front and rear brakes, Pads,

dust boot rear brake reservoir actuator rod (rotten and hanging),

loose and rattling foot shifter linkage, (took all apart and lubed)

3 rear tires,

2 front,

two up seat,twice got corbin then had it recovered due to being hard as a rock,

pullback risers,

new handle bars,

crash bars,

rear foot pegs,

Oh but I got the bike with already 8000mi so this was in 13000mi of my ownership !

I bought the bike in 06.

If I woulda payed a qualified mechanic to do all this I coulda had an 09 I bet !

Am I alone ? Be interesting to see the list others have done.

Now thats what I call true love! B)

He's not gay.

Just because he didn't let you give him a blow-job doesn't mean he's not gay, Maybe he likes his men taller than 4' :lol:

Just because he didn't let you give him a blow-job doesn't mean he's not gay, Maybe he likes his men taller than 4' :lol:

Wow ! This is kinda rare for me I got two different guys trying to defend my honor !

Er, A, should I be scared :o

Wow ! This is kinda rare for me I got two different guys trying to defend my honor !

Er, A, should I be scared :o

Yes :babyhaha::babyhaha:

Or maybe he likes MEN. not boys.

Kinda was ascared a that :huh:

If you'll going to Branson you will see who looks gay...........If it was Chris I would run like hell and not look back. When you stopping by?

If you'll going to Branson you will see who looks gay...........If it was Chris I would run like hell and not look back. When you stopping by?

Thinkin your right< but I bet it aint to hard to out run a Sasquatch :lol: Were hoping to be in Branson on sun-sun the whole week

One of those flat bed tow trucks should be able to carry your truck..They have a ramp :blink:

:babyhaha:

One of those flat bed tow trucks should be able to carry your truck..They have a ramp :blink:

:babyhaha:

Can ya get me a round trip quote on that ?

I still haven't managed to get some ramps yet, and were getting down to the wire especially in the shipping part.