Indian Motorcycle Community

WA State Patrol sends a warning to motorcycle riders

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/165933.asp

"Two motorcycle riders died and another is in critical condition after three separate crashes this weekend, prompting State Patrol troopers to send out a safety warning as spring weather improves.

Shortly before noon Sunday, a 49-year-old Oregon man died when he crossed the center line on state Route 401 on his Harley-Davidson in Pacific County.

An hour later, a 29-year-old University place man died when he lost control of hs motorcycle on state Route 512 near Sumner and hit a freeway median.

Also on Sunday, a 43-year-old DuPont woman was flown to a hospital after crashing on state Route 508 west of Morton.

"I find these motorcycle collisions to be very sad because they were all caused by the rider." said State Patrol Chief John R. Batiste said in a statement. "These crashes, as with most collisions, were entirely preventable."

There have been nine motorcycle fatalities so far in 2009. Seven of those were single-vehicle incidents, and the motorcycle drivers caused all nine crashes, according to the State Patrol.

Troopers urge people to take a rider-safety course and get a motorcycle endorsement on their driver's license before riding."

----------------------------------

And of course, there's the idiot making stupid remarks about the story:

"Anytime I see an erratic motorcycle rider, I do my best to screw with them and sometimes swerve my car towards them. Most of the riders on those crotch-rockets fly down the freeway going well over the speed limit and cut all kinds of people off. So watchout if I'm on the road and you do that crap to me."

Always a few accidents now that the riders are getting out for the first time this year. SP makes a good point though; never hurts to refresh yourself with techniques and handling characteristics (safety course) if you live in a place where you are basically a seasonal rider.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/165933.asp

"Two motorcycle riders died and another is in critical condition after three separate crashes this weekend, prompting State Patrol troopers to send out a safety warning as spring weather improves.

Shortly before noon Sunday, a 49-year-old Oregon man died when he crossed the center line on state Route 401 on his Harley-Davidson in Pacific County.

An hour later, a 29-year-old University place man died when he lost control of hs motorcycle on state Route 512 near Sumner and hit a freeway median.

Also on Sunday, a 43-year-old DuPont woman was flown to a hospital after crashing on state Route 508 west of Morton.

"I find these motorcycle collisions to be very sad because they were all caused by the rider." said State Patrol Chief John R. Batiste said in a statement. "These crashes, as with most collisions, were entirely preventable."

There have been nine motorcycle fatalities so far in 2009. Seven of those were single-vehicle incidents, and the motorcycle drivers caused all nine crashes, according to the State Patrol.

Troopers urge people to take a rider-safety course and get a motorcycle endorsement on their driver's license before riding."

And of course, there's the idiot making stupid remarks about the story:

"Anytime I see an erratic motorcycle rider, I do my best to screw with them and sometimes swerve my car towards them. Most of the riders on those crotch-rockets fly down the freeway going well over the speed limit and cut all kinds of people off. So watchout if I'm on the road and you do that crap to me."

Always a few accidents now that the riders are getting out for the first time this year. SP makes a good point though; never hurts to refresh yourself with techniques and handling characteristics (safety course) if you live in a place where you are basically a seasonal rider.

Maybe it was that jerk or someone just like him that may have cause this accidents. although some individauls do ride erratic, but there in no reason for anyone to do what that jerk stated on his comment.

Falcon . . . what really is ironic is how poorly the auto drivers are in the rain up here - something in no short supply in The Great Wet North. Coming in this morning I saw some fool in his car approaching the stop light on SR 305 and Winslow Way and as the light turned yellow he decided to gun it only to realize that the Bainbridge Island Poice Department is at that intersection and they boys were changing shifts or something, so he slams on his breaks and skids out on the wet pavement halfway in to the intersection.

Idiot. Where is that 1 ton weight that used to fall out of the sky on Monty Python when you need it?

That stupid fukr must have moved up from Florida.

That stupid fukr must have moved up from Florida.

He probably got tired of getting his ass kicked there :angry:

Edited by cruzer