Indian Motorcycle Community

Who knows the owner of this Chief

Sounds like a Ramp special to me. They titled Melvin's bikes to be sold but I didn't realize they could assessable parts and sell as 04s too! Nice bike but I wouldn't buy it for more than 12K. I cannot see how it is a true 04 let alone it has sat most of its life so far.

Ride safe,

Vagabond

Sounds like a Ramp special to me. They titled Melvin's bikes to be sold but I didn't realize they could assessable parts and sell as 04s too! Nice bike but I wouldn't buy it for more than 12K. I cannot see how it is a true 04 let alone it has sat most of its life so far.

Ride safe,

Vagabond

If the motor has been done by Blackhawk then it looks like a nice Chief! If anyone has any info on this 04 please chime in!

I would ask what the engine VIN is. I bought a Bill Melvin engine and it was sold to me as a "Blackhawk" rebuild. I am not badmouthing Mr. Melvin, because I believe he thought the engine was kosher. I knowingly purchased it, he did not force me, and it was openly reported on here that these engines were not seaworthy. Hell I only gave $2,200 for it. It grenaded at around 7-10 k. I do not know the exact mileage. PM me when you find out, I belive the factory rebuilds began with "R" in their vin. Not a bad bike for 12, just know you will be replacing the mill.

I would ask what the engine VIN is. I bought a Bill Melvin engine and it was sold to me as a "Blackhawk" rebuild. I am not badmouthing Mr. Melvin, because I believe he thought the engine was kosher. I knowingly purchased it, he did not force me, and it was openly reported on here that these engines were not seaworthy. Hell I only gave $2,200 for it. It grenaded at around 7-10 k. I do not know the exact mileage. PM me when you find out, I belive the factory rebuilds began with "R" in their vin. Not a bad bike for 12, just know you will be replacing the mill.

Thanks Pete ! I am looking a buying this machine and your advice sounds solid! I will inquire about the PP vin #! How are you feeling these days brother?

Cheers!

Hey Grease - Your inbox is full

Send me an email at DCFJ@NationwideMortgageExperts.com

Thanx, D

I sent the dude a e-mail requesting the engine vin # and he responded by saying the bike was sitting in a dealership and could not get to the bike before the auction ended! So I responded by saying send me the dealerships phone # and I will ask someone to get the # for me! No response so far!! My guess he is not in a hurry to sell the bike! Different strokes for different folks!! B)

I sent the dude a e-mail requesting the engine vin # and he responded by saying the bike was sitting in a dealership and could not get to the bike before the auction ended! So I responded by saying send me the dealerships phone # and I will ask someone to get the # for me! No response so far!! My guess he is not in a hurry to sell the bike! Different strokes for different folks!! B)

Hey Grease, I know time is short on the auction but let me know if I can help you. Sayville is around 20 minutes from me, I have the time later today or early tomorrow to take a ride over there or wherever the bike is. You can email me direclty at howard@comp-financial.com

Blackhawk did mine and stamp a "RB" on the case ..FYI

Thank you brother! I appreciate the info! The motor is what I fear the most!

Ride safe,

Vagabond

Well it has been established it is not a ramp special so the search continues!

Well it has been established it is not a ramp special so the search continues!

So, does this mean the end for the famous Blue Skull??

If it's got a "r" only,it's wasn't rebuild all the way. That's a factory rebuild not Frank's rebuild. They only did what THE FACTORY WANTED.

Grease, call me I know where the bike is.

My motor came from Blackhawk after they bought lots of engines or cases from the factory after it went under. My engine serial number starts with BMW (Blackhawk Motor Works). If it has that you can call BH and confirm what they did to it.

Thank you brother! I appreciate the info! The motor is what I fear the most! :bomb:

:babyhaha::babyhaha::babyhaha: Truer words were never spake :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So, does this mean the end for the famous Blue Skull??

I would like to find another chief for the long haul trips. The blue skull is really a day tripper and trailer queen. It would be nice to be able to trip down to Branson on bike but saddle bags and solid engine are a must. The blue skull has not been rebuilt and it just may be easier to buy another chief!! B)

Well....

Interesting shit.

According to the VIN number, it IS a 2004.

And guess what else, y'all?

It's frame number, which usually doubles as the production number, is 701!!!

Anyone wanna guess what's wrong with THAT picture??? :o

-Doc

Well....

Interesting shit.

According to the VIN number, it IS a 2004.

And guess what else, y'all?

It's frame number, which usually doubles as the production number, is 701!!!

Anyone wanna guess what's wrong with THAT picture??? :o

-Doc

It seems to me doc that the latter serial #s were getting the good cases! If I am correct the production numbers for 2003 Chiefs hit around 1500 . Anyone have any knowledge please chime in! Doc tell me your thoughts your reasoning is respected!

Cheers!

I would like to find another chief for the long haul trips. The blue skull is really a day tripper and trailer queen. It would be nice to be able to trip down to Branson on bike but saddle bags and solid engine are a must. The blue skull has not been rebuilt and it just may be easier to buy another chief!! B)

for what it's worth, i am selling my 2004 chief with 7800 miles on it; it is a legit 2004, production number 26 of 40. cobalt blue roadmaster with silver trim. it's on cycletrader.com for 16500, but i'll consider reasonable offers. kcnitlions@sbcglobal.net

Well i received a response from the seller! The engine vin is 070104R! Chime in brothers and give me your thoughts! Thanks! B)

Edited by Grease