Indian Motorcycle Community

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's hoping no one is out of work for long.

Plus, I gotta come clean with ya Lou.

Yer girlfriend keeps dancin nekkid in front of me. I didn't start this shit, but she just keeps on.

Any one in the Phila. area coca cola teamsters local local 830 has turned down there contract and is on strike, please help by not purchasing coca cola.

Thank

Lou

I drink a case of Coca~Cola a day and would never give it up...

If they start putting the COKE back in coke I'll start drinking it, hey it'd outsell all those other "ENERGY" drinks, put Red Bull out of Business :shocked:

I do not feel sorry for the people who go on strike. With the economy the way it is people should be damn glad they have a job and the company they are working for does not close up shop and move south.  I found that Unions tend to take more than they give and sometimes their demands seem to be extreme.

If someone wants to walk of the job because they cant get four weeks off a year or get that 30min lunch break paid ect. then its money out of their pocket not mine. I say let them walk and fill their position with someone who really needs/wants a job to put food on the table and a roof over their head.

I went over a year with out a job and I tell ya I would have been more than happy to trade places with any of them Coke workers.  I will continue to buy coke or what ever I want. and not worry about the sap that won't work.

Without Unions, you Poor Soory Ass would still be making .15 cents an hour, and your kids would also be working from sunrise to sundoown. And these nice Co. that you like so much would care a piss shit if you dropped dead in there facilitys, while you were trying to earn  a few $$ for some bread and water. So F*&$ off and learn a bit more of how the UINIONs made it posible for you and all of us others, to enjoy their fruits.

Well, this is certainly a civil conversation....

Oh KRAP! Here we go again with all this union horseshit. All I can say is that the Teamsters treated this brother LIKE SHIT and they can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

When it comes to sodas, gimme a Dr. Pepper or Moxie any day! (as it was pointed out, I was born in 1893, so that's how come I know about Moxie and their "horse cars")

-ANT

Mayby some of you would take a 25 cent an hour raise and in return have to pay 37 dollars a week for health Ins.But we the Union dont beave this is a good deal for enployees already 2 dollars an hour bellow the average rate,Coca Cola make tons of money.these are some of the reasons why theres a strike. :veryangry:

Okay, I apologize to all for my littel outburst. But just go back and look at all emplyment and wages that was going on before the Unions came along. Ant, sure you had a bad experience and I would not think of questioning it, But alot of good has come out of them. Again my apologies to all.

I agree that there was a time that unions were needed and yes they did wonders for the american people. I do not dispute that in anyway.

I just have bitter feelings about uninos. I personly did not see what they did for me except take my money and sit back and say "we protect your job."  :rotfl:

If we all cared less about who is running the unions and more about who is running our country, we wouild all have jobs and all able to provide for our family.

The only thing that leaves quicker than an Indian(Chief) are the jobs from this country.

I have been a union sheet metal worker for 15 years and in the teachers union for 4. WE are not the problem, The owners and our own government (bush) ARE the problem. They make alot more money having things done in mexico or china! I will agree the jobs are scarce but dont blame the unions for trying to let the middle class make a decent living. Maybe if more union members stood behind the word union we wouldnt have a problem.

Oh Ya and I have been on strike 3 different times, So I know what i'm talking about! BEEN THERE DONE THAT

AMERICA NEEDS UNION PEOPLE!  :bthumb:

You are right, not all unions are the same, that is why if you belong to a union GET INVOLVED!  

Weekends off

Paid Holiday's

Paid Vacations

Paid Sick Leave

40 HOUR WORK WEEK

Paid retirement benefits

Paid medical insurance

The list goes on

Thank Unions for these benefits, corporate america didn't give the worker these things out of the goddness of their hearts.

Yep...

I was in the Steel Workers Union...Which took over Our Union when we went Belly Up from 2 Firestone Strikes...Our previous Union was weak...(Lack of Membership)...USW was strong and did the best they could for us...But Clinton the Federal Government and Mexico took my Job away after 31 years...The only thing I'm thankful for is that I get 2 years of unemployment and Schooling thanks to Clinton and NAFTA...But it hurt to lose that job with Vacation time maxxed out and My Seniority...Noooo.gif

I'm still lookin for a Good Job...But like Mongo said...They are hard to cum By...If my wife wasn't wurkin and No Medical...I'd be up Shits Creek...Without a Paddle...Rage2.gif

Hope to find work soon...But it sucks to start all over again at 51!!!Eeeeeek.gif

Junior!!Yeahh.gif

You are right, not all unions are the same, that is why if you belong to a union GET INVOLVED!  

Weekends off

Paid Holiday's

Paid Vacations

Paid Sick Leave

40 HOUR WORK WEEK

Paid retirement benefits

Paid medical insurance

The list goes on

Thank Unions for these benefits, corporate america didn't give the worker these things out of the goddness of their hearts.

Yeah...

But there are a lot of Companies that caught on to that now and offer those same benefits without a Union...The only difference being...Is holdin on to your Job...Bang-Head.gif

You got be pretty fucked up to lose your Job in a Union Shop...without them gettin it back for ya...Noooo.gif

But with Non Union ...If your Boss doesen't like the way you look one Day ...He can fire ya ...And unless you can get a good ACLU Lawyer you ain't gonna get it Back!!!Mad.gif

Junior!!Yeahh.gif

What does a union have to do with a defunct motorcycle company? Whay can't we just have a sight dedicated to motorcycles and motorcycle accessories?

Lee

What does a union have to do with a defunct motorcycle company? Whay can't we just have a sight dedicated to motorcycles and motorcycle accessories?

Lee

Because owners have issues too! hahaha

And now fo my 2 cents on the Union thingy, Been a member of the United Union of Elevator Constructors for 25 years, what most forget is WHO makes the company? Everyone has their part but take a close look at what CEO's CFO's boardmembers and All the other VIP's make, what takes us 20 years to make they make in less than a year, outragious bonuses, perks etc... and at the working end of the business is the person that pays for it all and I'm fine with their bonuses perks and benifits, but as a dedicated worker I am entitled to mine as well and what the worker ask for is a needle in a haystack compared to what is shelled out for Corp. Exec expenses and overhead

If Bush had his way the same people that sacraficed their lives to help others (Firefighters Police etc...) would be putting in overtime for streight wages or comp time thats just one of the reasons we still need unions and the way corp America is going they would love nothing better than going back to the work ethics of the 1940's

Bottom line -

If you are going to work for someone else - You are not going to control your future.

Someone else controls it.

Either your non-union boss - Or your union.

It's your life.  If you don't like it.  Change it.

The main reason I became independent - Is the F-ing my parents received from the UAW.  (Remember American Motors / Chrysler...)

I am a boss who pays above market salaries and wages.  The market demands it - For GREAT employees - Who PRODUCE results - And create/protect PROFITS.

If a union tried to control MY future - And dictate how MY money was spent - I'd close it.

Thanks, Danny

Moxie is the only tonic I drink.  Rootbeer works in a pinch when I am in a less civilized area.

Archived