Indian Motorcycle Community

Limit motorcycles riding on private property

California - The Atascadero Planning Commission on Wednesday will discuss whether to limit motorcycles riding on private property within the city.

Citizen complaints about noise and dust in connection with dirt bike and motorcycle use were recently aired at a City Council meeting, so the council scheduled a public hearing in early February.

More than 200 residents filled the pavilion at Atascadero Lake to speak to the issue. Testimony was almost equally divided between those who wanted such use prohibited and those who wanted it allowed, but with "reasonable restrictions."

The City Council voted to have staff prepare a zoning amendment that would address limits to how long motorcycles can be ridden and the number of motorcycles that can be ridden at any one time. Meanwhile, a proposed change to the city's noise ordinance includes cost-recovery measures if police have to return to a violator's property repeatedly.

A public hearing on the change will be held Wednesday.

The proposed ordinance recommends limiting motorcycle and dirt bike use to two hours a day with the maximum of two motor driven cycles operating on a residential lot at any time. The proposal also includes limits on the total weekly hours that motorcycles can operate on private property, in accordance to the draft document prepared by City Attorney Roy Hanley.

According to Hanley's draft, the time limit would apply even if only one cycle was being operated. Operation would be limited to a maximum of eight hours in a week, with the week measured from Monday through Sunday.

Also on the commission's agenda will be recommendations to fold into the city's noise ordinance a cost-recovery program which provides that whenever a police officer warns any "responsible party" to discontinue a disturbance such as a loud noise, the responsible party "shall be liable for the actual cost of each subsequent response required for a disturbance within 12 hours of the first response."

A number of those against the use of dirt bikes on private property said the noise was a major issue. They complained that repeated visits by police seemed to do no good in getting the noise abated.

Hanley warned the council in March it could not outright prohibit the riding of dirt bikes on private property. He made it clear, however, that the council could institute restrictions.

The Planning Commission will make its recommendation to the council. The commission could refer the zone text back to staff for more changes or even make its own amendments before sending it on to the council.

???

Along similar lines but blatantly illegal.....anyone else have a problem in their area with an explosion of these fools riding those new fangled pocket bikes? These look like miniature rice rockets....sorta like a clown bike.

All of a sudden they're everywhere in and around SF and AFAIK are NOT legal for use on public streets but that ain't stopping the pinheads who ride them.

Is truly a nuisance as they're noisy as hell and the idiots who ride them have no ability whatsoever and are a danger to themselves and all around. They often ride on the sidewalks and dart out into traffic.......being small they are hard to see until too late. Sure wish the cops would get on this already.....but I doubt they do much about it until some major fuckup happens and it gets on the evening news.

-ANT

Many similiar laws were passed in Arizona recently , what a crock of shit. I live Lompoc , I think I'll ride up to Atascadero just to fuck with there laws ! Next up , No tractor will drive through suburban areas of town , no semi trucks , no riding law mowers and motorized push law mowers will be allowed between the hours of 8:00am to Midnight !

Fucking yuppies , thats California , fucking yuppies........

Many similiar laws were passed in Arizona recently , what a crock of shit. I live Lompoc , I think I'll ride up to Atascadero just to fuck with there laws ! Next up , No tractor will drive through suburban areas of town , no semi trucks , no riding law mowers and motorized push law mowers will be allowed between the hours of 8:00am to Midnight !

Fucking yuppies , thats California , fucking yuppies........

Hi

I'm with the Government , and I'm here to help .... TRUST ME , I know what's best for you !                  :pirate1:

My new home sits closely to a municiple airport, and also very close to Devils Bowl Speedway, hey I knew they were there when I had my house built, it's part of the price one pays when they move out of the City, now I know many of my neighbors will eventualy complain about the noise in the future but I can't, they were there first.  Likewise my unimproved incorporated county property, 26 acres, has no restrictions on it, thats why I bought it, I can do any damn thing I please there within reason, but with the advent of new expensive housing going up in that area, it will only be a matter of time before some fool will try to say that I can't raise pigs there, or shoot fireworks off if I want to.

My new home sits closely to a municiple airport, and also very close to Devils Bowl Speedway, hey I knew they were there when I had my house built, it's part of the price one pays when they move out of the City, now I know many of my neighbors will eventualy complain about the noise in the future but I can't, they were there first.  Likewise my unimproved incorporated county property, 26 acres, has no restrictions on it, thats why I bought it, I can do any damn thing I please there within reason, but with the advent of new expensive housing going up in that area, it will only be a matter of time before some fool will try to say that I can't raise pigs there, or shoot fireworks off if I want to.

Theres a place in St.Pete,Fla. called Jones Chemical Company (they were still there when we left St.Pete in 87 anyhow)...They were there when the area was nothing but empty space with not a house in sight...People started building houses and before you knew it, there were neighborhoods all around, and then they started complaining that they made dangerous chemicals (mostly pool chemicals), that they were afraid their kids would get hurt etc, etc, etc...The place stood their ground and the city basically told the people to shut up or move...

People like that piss me off...

A while back I worked at a shop that had ONE apartment building on the block. A lady who lived there worked for the police dept as a clerk but somehow  got to wear a uniform of sorts----she was your typical bull diesel dyke and had delusions of grandeur because of the uniform.

One night I was working on a special customer's car and of course was making some noise. She comes blazing downstairs wearing her uniform shirt and reads me the riot act about making noise.

I wait for her to finish ranting and ask her is she's done. I then point out how this shop existed years before her building was even set to a blueprint and that the zoning for the area was primarily industrial and I could do anything at any hour of the day......and then pointed out that she was just like those stupid people who move next door to an airport and then complain about all the noise.

She left in a huff (guess not many people "dare" to speak to her like that) and told me she was calling the cops.

About an hour later (low priority call) they rolled up. Turns out I knew BOTH of the coppers and we shot the shit. She came downstairs yelling like a maniac. They attempted to get her to chill and I thought they were gonna throw the manacles on her for a moment. When she saw she wasn't getting her way then she started in with the "I'm one of you guys" horseshit. Well that didn't set well with them and they went off and berated her for that attitude. One of the cops told her outright that she wasn't shit, nothing more than a paper pusher! I almost pissed my pants right there.

Bottom line is that they told her to go home and shut up. That she was wrong and that I was right.

Whenever I saw her walking by the shop after that I'd say "Hello OFFICER" LOL Ain't I a steenker?

-ANT

Whenever I saw her walking by the shop after that I'd say "Hello OFFICER" LOL Ain't I a steenker?

-ANT

I got a story that can top that, But it can incriminate me so I ain't spillin...Maybe I'll check the statute of limitations...

I don't know if your story can top 3 buds walking around in full police uniforms on Halloween night and attending the Exotic Erotic Ball and getting over on more kinky bitches than you can shake your dick at.

I wonder who that was. :devil:

-ANT

I don't know if your story can top 3 buds walking around in full police uniforms on Halloween night and attending the Exotic Erotic Ball and getting over on more kinky bitches than you can shake your dick at.

I wonder who that was. :devil:

-ANT

LMAO...You win...

Archived