Good to hear from ya Badcad.

Edited by POWER STROKE
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel I should finish this story...  I now have 4 motorcycles in my garage... but only 3 of then have Indian Chief fenders on them...  The mentioned 1500 Chief Intruder... (based on a Suzuki Intr

Your $$..your bike....your passion for Indian left unsettled..you tried and now want to ride..build on and ride on..deep down inside you'll still ache for a chief, and maybe one day you'll get that In

i dont think me not wanting him to badge it as an indian is elitist Eric....I think it is different. Guy here has a Drifter....he has spent thousands on a DUPONT styled Indian paint job....hundreds o

I even heard about that long walk...

Oops! Real life has a way of stealing one's time! ... especially when one is making dreams come true.

I must appologise to those who sent me private messages, my instant messenger on here got all clogged up! I WOULD however like to share my eMail address with you, in case anyone is interested in meeting up this summer, I don't care what a brother (or sister) rides. It's all good.

ThorStar@gmail.com

I must confess some of the stuff in the recent discussion has been funny, some unexpected... but I really feel it all goes towards the image I have of the Indian Chief. It's all woven together, like a huge tapestry. Yin and Yang, all form one whole... My current lack of funds was the only reason I knew of why I could not get the bike. Now I have a few more, and it all HELPS when I know I can't have the bike I want! hahaha

Anyway... My plans will keep changing, but I now have a slightly clearer idea of where I might be going this summer... Although I must confess, if I like it somewhere TOO much, I may just stay THERE the whole trip, and forget about the rest. I am a BIT like that. - Some people got all MAD at me when I decided to just stay in Riverside CA most of the time, last trip... but it's just because I didn't feel like leaving! There was always something to do, and never a dull moment. (The cheap $1 burgers and other cheap food (6 tacos for $3 :-O) at a Mexican-run drive-by diner might have had something to do with it! ... Don't get me wrong, I still visited 6 states on that trip.

Anyway... Unconfirmed plan...

Kentucky: Ride the area, get familiar with the place... An Intruder brother has a horse ranch in north Kentucky. I can feed horses as well as the next guy, so I might stay there for a while, working for my stay. (Did I say, I love farm life?)

Tennesee: Nashville. Some GoldWing riders connected to the chapter in Iceland have offered a guided tour of the place... [Personally, I mainly want to find a studio with cheap session musicians and record some original songs, and take the CD with me back to Iceland. Well, that's the plan, anyway... ]

Arkansas: Visit the people at www.pjprop.com real estate, and see if there are some cheap ex-farms for sale. It will be different to ride and see the places, as opposed to viewing online. - Yes, I hope there will be a BARN, so bikers can drop by and stay overnight (there will be viking-like beds along the walls, on offer. - Ok, you MAY smell like cow shit in the morning, but since one's nose gets accustomed to it, only OTHERS will smell it, not the carrier! hehe - Nahhh... Just kidding. I am thinking "miniature horse sanctuary"... or Goats, to bring me in line with the norse God of Thunder? Maybe. There will be no "silence of the goats" by the way. They will be pets, maybe some milking will take place, and for sale, I guess.

Texas: Another farm job awaits me there... and the offer to stay as long as I like. It will be a great pleasure to ride with receipts and collect checks for animals feed and stuff, for suppliers. I'll get to know a LOT of farms & farmers that way.

Arizona: Prescott Valley, there is a family that has been waiting for me to visit then again since 2003... THey are currently thinking of moving to Utah because of the husband's work, so I might go there, and do Zion National Park again...

California: Riverside, Annual Intruder BBQ... All bikes & bikers welcome. Many of the Intruder crowd are now on Harleys and GoldWings... but it's still an Intruder BBQ! Cos that's what started it all. No bike biggots to be found there. We're all brothers (and sisters).

Nevada: (After the BBQ I might ride back to Pahrump with Native American Intruder rider (Robin) and her BMW riding husband... but this time I will not be in their pool for 5 hours and get burnt to a crisp like last time! After living in Africa I thought I could take it! ... but the Death Valley sun was just too much! - Then on to Las Vegas: A visit with DocAmmo (made ammo while in the armed forces, hence the name)...

On the way back, Wyoming (Devil's tower), South Dakota (Sturgis), Minesota (Minneapolis), Kansas City (Ponz)... is as far as I have got with the planning. AT the end of the trip I will probably have to decide if I am keeping the bike (ride to Virginia Beach and send it home)... or sell it.

If there are ANY Indian riders in any of these areas who might be interested in meeting up, please get in touch. My eMail again, is ThorStar@gmail.com - Also, please use the eMail address to send me private messages. I gather I can only receive 3 in the messenger on here.

Many thanks!

Yours,

Thor

ps. I am already in touch with some Indian riders in Kentucky. Will be good to meet up.

An Intruder with Chief fenders is like a Snickers bar with hair on it.

Thanx, D

I've seen a scout with hair on it.

Can't remember where. Hmm....

An Intruder with Chief fenders is like a Snickers bar with hair on it.

Thanx, D

Or maybe like a bannana with a zipper! :o

or a chick with size 13 feet, red hair and an adams apple. :D

... or a better bike than I had last year!

4sure. hah.

Looks like you have lost some innocence there Thor.

People think there is this huge karma or brotherhood of bikers: mostly cause we wave at each other passing by.

I have learned this is a mere veneer, and will peel back with minimum effort.

Enjoy your scoot. I hope it is all you desire.

Eventually you may choose to enter the fold with the purists, perhaps not.

Until then, it's your soap and your dick. Get it as clean as necessary.

Thor

tried to tell ya,,, Some will like fo what is ,,, some will hate it for what it is,,,,,,,,,Thats just the way it is,,,Nuff said bout that.

My offer to ride to the Keys still stands no matter what your riding,,,,,,

Chiefin

Thor

tried to tell ya,,, Some will like fo what is ,,, some will hate it for what it is,,,,,,,,,Thats just the way it is,,,Nuff said bout that.

My offer to ride to the Keys still stands no matter what your riding,,,,,,

Chiefin

Watch out Thor. He just wants to get close to yer money.

see ya

antdick1.gif

eh... WHAT money?

hehe... If I had any I'd be on a new Chief.

Looks like you have lost some innocence there Thor.

People think there is this huge karma or brotherhood of bikers: mostly cause we wave at each other passing by.

I have learned this is a mere veneer, and will peel back with minimum effort.

Enjoy your scoot. I hope it is all you desire.

Eventually you may choose to enter the fold with the purists, perhaps not.

Until then, it's your soap and your dick. Get it as clean as necessary.

To me this whole thread is just a bunch of priests preaching to the Pope.

When I am on my new Indian Chief, in a few years (when other have tested it, and put it through it's paces) it will all have been totally pointless.

AND... I will STILL have my skirted Intruder. Regardless.

I go my own way about things.

(Well, maybe because I can't get back what I already got in it is part of the reason... but no explanation necessary.)

... and I have a long memory.

Hey Knight, You gotta do what you gotta do, You have a situation that none of us here can even claim to know, Import fees, taxes & such, It's you ride do what you want with it & have fun riding it.

"or Goats, to bring me in line with the norse God of Thunder? Maybe. There will be no "silence of the goats" by the way. They will be pets, maybe some milking will take place, and for sale, I guess."

No wonder Chiefin and you are Buds. Hey, what are the odds that a Road Queen rider and a jap bike owner meet on an Indian Motorcycle forum and discover they have a mutual love of goats? You two should share many happy miles together. :lol:

"or Goats, to bring me in line with the norse God of Thunder? Maybe. There will be no "silence of the goats" by the way. They will be pets, maybe some milking will take place, and for sale, I guess."

No wonder Chiefin and you are Buds. Hey, what are the odds that a Road Queen rider and a jap bike owner meet on an Indian Motorcycle forum and discover they have a mutual love of goats? You two should share many happy years together. :lol:

:babyhaha:

No wonder Chiefin and you are Buds. Hey, what are the odds that a Road Queen rider and a jap bike owner meet on an Indian Motorcycle forum and discover they have a mutual love of goats? You two should share many happy miles together. :lol:

Kids for sale!

http://www.cenotesprings.com/kids.htm

Thor...You come ta Michigan,...n I'll let ya ride my Mil.,....n I'll ride my glide....as long as ya treat it nice..... :Rulz[1]: 248 863 6939

Now I have a reason to go to Michigan! !!!

Many thanks, sir... and I treat all motorcycles with much respect.

Yours,

Thor

Edited by icelandknight

,,,,Just when I think you have posted the Stupidest think I have ever heard,,BAM!

You out do yourself!.......

Now I have a reason to go to Michigan! !!!

Many thanks, sir... and I treat all motorcycles with much respect.

Yours,

Thor

If your making it to Michigan.. drop me a line... I will ride with along... even if Charger is there :D

MJ

If your making it to Michigan.. drop me a line... I will ride with along... even if Charger is there :D

MJ

I was all over Minnesota and Wisconsin last time... That's just next door.

The more the merrier! Sounds like a plan!