Indian Motorcycle Community

Hey Mo,

I just cannot understand why someone would think by taking parts of an Indian and mix matching them on another brand could still expect to call the bike a chief!

That simple. Maybe I am too conservative. Its like a bad momma joke.

:o DAM...When I installed SAMSON "Tru Duels" on my Millennium, I had to remove my ARROW SHIFT ROD,...so I put it on my E/Glide...n I also have a IIRA sticker on the back of it....!!! Does that make me a POSER..... :babyhaha::fam24::Rulz[1]::moped: er just a nogoodfuk...... :rotfl:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel I should finish this story...  I now have 4 motorcycles in my garage... but only 3 of then have Indian Chief fenders on them...  The mentioned 1500 Chief Intruder... (based on a Suzuki Intr

Your $$..your bike....your passion for Indian left unsettled..you tried and now want to ride..build on and ride on..deep down inside you'll still ache for a chief, and maybe one day you'll get that In

i dont think me not wanting him to badge it as an indian is elitist Eric....I think it is different. Guy here has a Drifter....he has spent thousands on a DUPONT styled Indian paint job....hundreds o

nogoodfuk

comeon thor! the minnesota experience was worth all that!

You know... You are SO right! ... and I have the pictures to prove it!!!

A lifetimes worth of good memories, on my "Indian Summer". That really outweigh the bad anyday!

It has been a bit of a love/hate relationship, but I am frequently in denial anything bad ever happened!

It's all good.

I hope you liked the ride my Chief! Just so you know I don't NORMALLY let people ride my bikes, AT ALL! I am really quite overprotective about my bikes, so you should be EXTRA proud! haha -

When it wasn't letting me down, I loved every minute of it! You are right.

*looks innocent* One kinda uses the negative to make one's "stand" sort of thing...

but there's no fooling YOU! You were THERE, and saw how hard it was getting that stupid GRIN off my face!

hahaha... If I make it over there again, I hope we can meet up again...

Great to know you, man!

Yours,

Thor

An Intruder with Chief fenders is like a Snickers bar with hair on it.

I don't want one. And certainly wonder about the people that would.

With all the Scouts and Spirits available under $9k - It wouldn't be difficult to make a "Chief" happen.

The best of all worlds. Low cost - Chief look - All Indian.

Without the hair.........

Thanx, D

With all the Scouts and Spirits available under $9k - It wouldn't be difficult to make a "Chief" happen.

Thanx, D

Danny, there would still be people bitching about putting cheif fenders on a scout or spirit. If thor wants to put cheif fenders on his bike good for him. Hes not calling it a cheif or an indian. He can ride his bike till the day comes when he buys the real thing. I really dont understand the problem with that. People put HD parts on hondas all the time no biggie. Dont matter I got a scout and I love it.

Al :D

Danny, there would still be people bitching about putting cheif fenders on a scout or spirit. If thor wants to put cheif fenders on his bike good for him. Hes not calling it a cheif or an indian. He can ride his bike till the day comes when he buys the real thing. I really dont understand the problem with that. People put HD parts on hondas all the time no biggie. Dont matter I got a scout and I love it.

Al :D

Al lets face it your just a really nice guy! No biggie if your on the frankenstien site for wanna be builts but thiis is an indian site for Indian owners and wanna be Indian owners and everyone else who rides with Indian owners. As a fellow Candian I must confess I was a bit of an asshole with my statement in this thread appologize to anyone I have offended but I still think its wrong to take parts off a Chief and stick them on any other bike and call it a chief. Looking forward to seeing you in Branson my friend!

Ride Safe Ride long

Thanx, D

:I-Agree[1]:

Hello Icelandknight,

I've just been following along on this thread.. and I believe you have the right attitude. I know that don't mean anything coming from someone that you don't know, but I put it out there anyway. :)

I can agree with Brock on the badges, I was at a swap meet last year and someone had badged a drifter as an Indian. I didn't even want to park mine close to it. Too many people were looking at his and thinking it was an Indian.

Your's is gonna have a very unique to you look and I think you will be pleased.

I'm gonna have to search this forum to find your story on the 2k Chief that you had. I am pretty new to the place having only arrived here in September of last year.

BTW my brother-in-law is from Iceland. He got me and my family into skiing.. I'm gonna to try to return the favor by introducing him to Indians.

MJ

He bought a 2000 Chief that had been sitting for months and months at a dealer in Minneapolis. He asked around here and I believe was told about the history on that bike that local IIRA riders had. The dealer promised to repair it for him, but as I remember the story he was excited and in a big hurry to get moving along.

His passion for getting the Chief made him rush on the bike in my estimation. It was cream and red and that was all she wrote. I'm not gonna bag too bad on the dealer as I have friends who hang there, but I recall Thor was told to slow down.

Obviously he is building his own "Chief" the way he wants now and I wish him all the luck in the world!

He will be riding it in Iceland or Minnesota anyway................same thing!

Edited by HARLEYNOT
  • Like 1

FAGGOT! You are not worthy of that name "Thor"! Go to the kawasaki site and tell them what you're doin'. Its been a couple of years since you first started with this so called problem and you still dont have a real Indian!

:stfu:

Sweet.

FAGGOT! You are not worthy of that name "Thor"! Go to the kawasaki site and tell them what you're doin'. Its been a couple of years since you first started with this so called problem and you still dont have a real Indian!

Hey badcad,

Hi all! Thor I just wish you would bite it and get a real one! This whole idea of cloning is f'd up! No excuses

What a poor representative you are of the bike you ride...

You, and those who insult others.

It is people like you that make me glad of the choices I have made.

Hi all! Thor I just wish you would bite it and get a real one! This whole idea of cloning is f'd up! No excuses

The time may come...

... but I do not have over $30,000.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! are you f&%cking kidding! You have been dreaming of a Chief for years now! C'mon shit or get of the pot! It wont take 30g's to buy and ship a chief! People are throwin' them away for next to nothing, but now you have to have a new one! Gimme' a break. I 'm sure the kawasaki sit would love to here of your so called project :rotfl:

I hate it when Chiefin is a bigger man than me. Well, I like it when he's bigger widthwise, I just don't like it when he's more fucking charming.

As far as it goes, whatever floats yer boat. No shit. I didn't fund it or design it and I don't have to ride it. He's in the wind and that's better than a buncha Icelandicons or Icelanders or Icelandicanos or whatever they got goin.

On the other hand, this here would be the Intruderthatlooklikeindianmotorcyclecommunity.com if those of us that encountered problems with our Chiefs opted to unload them and slap Indian tin on another ride. There were issues with the Chief he had. Some of us would trade the problems we had off in heartbeat for the problems he had. This animal heah will present him with a different set of problems. Not mechanical hopefully, but the nature of the build is a liddle bit whatcha calls contreeversial.

Fortunately I just don't unnerstand how most American peeps think, let alone put the big water between Pop and another group a peeps with a entirely different upbringing and I'm lost. Culture shock, yep that's my story and I'm stickin with it.

Bullcrap Pop! You do not condone float your boat theory! Nice try though!!! :babyhaha:

Badcad I here you brother and :I-Agree[1]:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! are you f&%cking kidding! You have been dreaming of a Chief for years now! C'mon shit or get of the pot! It wont take 30g's to buy and ship a chief! People are throwin' them away for next to nothing, but now you have to have a new one! Gimme' a break. I 'm sure the kawasaki sit would love to here of your so called project :rotfl:

When I offload my $45,848 Harley Davidson (which I bought to get paid for my 2 years of work at the HD Dealer in Iceland, and has been for sale since I bought it). I might be in a position to get an Indian... but I believe I am in this position for a reason. There are things at work some of us have no power over...

Until that time I am going to love the ride(s) I have... and be the happy man.

I might as well share with you one of the reasons I biought the Harley... because I couldn't stand the thought of being on the same bike as the asshole who stole my Indian Chief fenders. - However, his 1500 Intruder got repossessed... You see? Strange powers at work? haha - What goes around will always come around.

So shall it be.

Dude just stop talking about it and buy one! Noone really wants to hear about some shitty cloning project they are just being polite, something that doesnt make sense to me.

When I offload my $45,848 Harley Davidson (which I bought to get paid for my 2 years of work at the HD Dealer in Iceland, and has been for sale since I bought it). I might be in a position to get an Indian... but I believe I am in this position for a reason. There are things at work some of us have no power over...

Until that time I am going to love the ride(s) I have... and be the happy man.

I might as well share with you one of the reasons I biought the Harley... because I couldn't stand the thought of being on the same bike as the asshole who stole my Indian Chief fenders. - However, his 1500 Intruder got repossessed... You see? Strange powers at work? haha - What goes around will always come around.

So shall it be.

Very true on the goes round comes round law! We all want to see you ride the real deal thats all man! We know you understand the class of the chief and I for one believe you want a unique ride which is why you built the clone. I don't think the clone will totally fill the desire for a Indian motorcycle. I for one do not have the disposable income that many other people have and totally understand budgets. I would rather ride the Harley then the Intruder if I had a choice. You have to feel the difference in the ride alone. I for one can be an asshole at times when trying to make a point and would like to take this opportunity to say.

Don't give up your dream for a real Indian motorcycle ! They rock my friend!

Ride long Ride safe!

Edited by Grease
Bullcrap Pop! You do not condone float your boat theory! Nice try though!!! :babyhaha:

Grease, in my fuckin dotage Pop is tryin to be a little more accepting of the whack notions of others. Hardcase Skippy run me hard about it and I will admit that the wind is the same no matter what kinda leather the saddle stitched with.

I'm stickin with the cultural divide thing, mostly on accounta I don't have a deegree in puhseyekiatry and am therefore unable to opine with any bona fides in consideration of my real suspicions vis a vis the particular issue at hand.

That bein said, I did not come to that conclusion from readin this here thread, but this here thread has give me plenty of reason to suspect that my suspicionometer is still tuned pretty good.

Grease, in my fuckin dotage Pop is tryin to be a little more accepting of the whack notions of others. Hardcase Skippy run me hard about it and I will admit that the wind is the same no matter what kinda leather the saddle stitched with.

I'm stickin with the cultural divide thing, mostly on accounta I don't have a deegree in puhseyekiatry and am therefore unable to opine with any bona fides in consideration of my real suspicions vis a vis the particular issue at hand.

That bein said, I did not come to that conclusion from readin this here thread, but this here thread has give me plenty of reason to suspect that my suspicionometer is still tuned pretty good.

Just admit you like it Pop,,,, Its the First step in a Long walk to Freedom............ ;)

Just admit you like it Pop,,,, Its the First step in a Long walk to Freedom............ ;)

we had our fill of long walks in the sake of our sleds, huh Pop <_<