Indian Motorcycle Community

:( :(

if you want an indian get an indian....if you ride a kawasaki...be proud of your kawasaki.

I have no use for a metric bike with Indian tank stickers...a fender light...that says everything is Indian but is really a Kawasaki. Either be proud of what you ride or get something you can be proud of...but I totally hate it when people put the tank badges, lights, and all the other Indian Motorcycle stuff on their Kawasaki and then hope nobody notices.

Its like fucking and getting a blowjob from what you told your friends was a hot sexy woman...but she was found to have size 13 feet, red hair that was a wig...and was a dude.

Sorry you have "settled" when the bikes will be out in a couple months....and especially when three of us SAW THEM. Take a bit of work and conviction to own an Indian...either the wait is worth it...

I dont know....I thought you really loved Indian Motorcycles but now I think different. You are to be commended on your work and effort I guess....but it aint an Indian....and I just get totally disgusted by these "tribute bikes"

sorry......but that is me.

:I-Agree[1]:

Indian motorcycle created the Chief ! Fuck the jap crap ! Black is black and white is white! Kawasaki Drifter is a fags bike! I hope to fuck I never run into someone who calls his Jap scrap drifter a Chief ! Anyone who thinks it cool to take indian parts and place them on a jap scrap fags bike should get the fuck off this forum. Is this forum for men and women who ride original built indian motorcycles. If not then maybe I should leave. Time for a poll! Lets see what this forum is all about. No more pussy footing around with gray areas ! Indian rocks and the Chief and spirit rule here. Say it the way it is ! I hope the fuck there not any of these cyclopse builds trying to ride with the tribe in Branson. America stands for belief , freedom , and dignity! Chopping a Chief is like putting a fucking turban on the President . lBrock my friend I think you were holding back!

Ride long Ride safe!

Edited by Grease
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel I should finish this story...  I now have 4 motorcycles in my garage... but only 3 of then have Indian Chief fenders on them...  The mentioned 1500 Chief Intruder... (based on a Suzuki Intr

Your $$..your bike....your passion for Indian left unsettled..you tried and now want to ride..build on and ride on..deep down inside you'll still ache for a chief, and maybe one day you'll get that In

i dont think me not wanting him to badge it as an indian is elitist Eric....I think it is different. Guy here has a Drifter....he has spent thousands on a DUPONT styled Indian paint job....hundreds o

Indian motorcycle created the Chief ! Fuck the jap crap ! Black is black and white is white! Kawasaki Drifter is a fags bike! I hope to fuck I never run into someone who calls his Jap scrap drifter a Chief ! Anyone who thinks it cool to take indian parts and place them on a jap scrap fags bike should get the fuck off this forum. Is this forum for men and women who ride original built indian motorcycles. If not then maybe I should leave. Time for a poll! Lets see what this forum is all about. No more pussy footing around with gray areas ! Indian rocks and the Chief and spirit rule here. Say it the way it is ! I hope the fuck there not any of these cyclopse builds trying to ride with the tribe in Branson. America stands for belief , freedom , and dignity! Chopping a Chief is like putting a fucking turban on the President . lBrock my friend I think you were holding back!

Ride long Ride safe!

I thought the Scout's ruled...

• Like 1
Hello Icelandknight,

I've just been following along on this thread.. and I believe you have the right attitude. I know that don't mean anything coming from someone that you don't know, but I put it out there anyway. :)

I can agree with Brock on the badges, I was at a swap meet last year and someone had badged a drifter as an Indian. I didn't even want to park mine close to it. Too many people were looking at his and thinking it was an Indian.

Your's is gonna have a very unique to you look and I think you will be pleased.

I'm gonna have to search this forum to find your story on the 2k Chief that you had. I am pretty new to the place having only arrived here in September of last year.

BTW my brother-in-law is from Iceland. He got me and my family into skiing.. I'm gonna to try to return the favor by introducing him to Indians.

MJ

Hey there Mike, good to know you!

Totally understand about the Drifter thing... It's not right to try and pass something off as something it's not. I believe it's sometimes even illegal! "counterfeit".. hehe - Don't blame you at all. - In the meantime I am very proud that my bike is a high tech Suzuki Intruder, that has set new stanbdards in motorcycle design... The battery is at the front of the bike, the tank under the seat (so no danger of battery related cancer)... however, if it ever blows up, I won't have any offspring to speak of, until they legalise cloning. ... Otherwise my bike is just another unique looking custom, of which we have PLENTY up here at present. (incl. BossHoss, ProStreet Choppers, etc.) Icelandic people are rather eccentric, and no one likes to have anyhting someone else has. - However, it's also just another motorcycle, when parked downtown... and gets me from A to B in a style I like and reliability I have grown accustomed to.

I sold my Drifter in 2003 because it wasn't what I was looking for. The whole rear fender moving around, the rider sitting in mid air, the poor passenger even more so, plastic (fibre) fenders didn't help... and it was TINY. For a 1500 it felt more like a 50 cc... BUT I am SPOILT by the many years I have had the 1500 Intruder, which is HUGE. I have only seen 1 bike that I feel is bigger... and that is an 1800 Honda VTX... and that may be my next bike... after I see how I like the Roadstar this summer. When I saw the VTX downtown, here, I at once started to examine how hard it might be to slap some Chief fenders on there! haha... That's just the way I think.

The Intruder, on the other hand, was reviewed by MotorcycleOnline.com as being cartoonishly HUGE... and nothing else fits me! - I took a seat on a Yamaha Roadliner (called "Midnight Star" in Iceland)... and somehow, after all the hype, it also felt TINY. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ice...02299.jpg"%5dRoadLiner%20ain't%20so%20big!%5b/url%5d

Ok,%20my%202000%20Chief%20tragedy%20is%20here:%20%5burl="http://www.hivenet.is/thor/indian/index.html" target="_blank">Icelandic Indian Homepage - When you get there click Story > Parts > Parts 8 to 10. The rest just tells of the years of frustration, close calls and missed opportunities. All so disappointing.

Now call me CRAZY, but if the new Indian Chief is too expensive for me to buy... I am thinking of taking a seller up on the offer to get a perfect 2000 Chief (not off a dealer, this is an indivudual who has looked after the Chioef from day 1)... but I am getting ahead of myself now... I am going to give the new Chief a chance... if it is ever within my means. - I do believe that it will be "perfect"... in all ways except price (for me). I don't have a "premium" paying job.

Say "hi" to the brother-in-law from the homeland. He's one of the lucky ones!

He got AWAY from here.. ALIVE! haha...

Yours,

Thor

Ride long Ride safe!

you sound an awful lot like the Springfield guys in regards to our bikes..that's too bad...esp since by original you mean cmc's morphed into indians and kit bikes...well, except for the 3k or so PP 100 bikes :o

My experiences at Branson goes beyond a name or badge on a bike.....It's true, it's an event to bring Indian owners together, but in the end, it doesn't matter what you ride..as long as you ride.. We rode with Indians, HD's, customs, "real Indians", hacks, etc...Hell..some didn't even ride, they just came for the comradarie...I personally am not a fan of Drifters (too small...not appealing to MY eye...don't like the engine, etc), but who am I to tell someone else what to do with their $$..I don't have to ride or look at it if I don't want to..esp in this case..the guy is putting fenders that his dead mother gave him on a bike..he's not calling an apple an orange..he's not calling his Cow-WE an Indian...even if he did, i wouldn't like it, but i also wouldn't hate him for it...life's too short..

I am a "purist"..i choose to be ALL Indian (well, as much as I can and still ride)..I love Springfields, Gilroys and I'm sure I'll fall in love with the KM's...that however, does not give me any right to force that down anyone else's throat.. America does stand for belief, freedom and dignity--but not a single belief..how boring would that be?? and telling someone else PRECISELY how to live takes away the freedom and dignity..our individuality and freedom is being stripped down in different ways on a daily basis..the last thing we need is another one taken away...I do agree with you that Chiefs rule, however..

lol..all we need is another poll...my vote would be for everyone in the world to own Indians--ain't gonna happen...although I don't neccessarily think it's "cool" to morph anything into an "indian"..I think it's ok to do what you want and to ride what you want....that being the case, I'll make it easy and get the fuck off this forum..

Iceland has been a better sport than I would have been after the verbal raping he's taken here....like I said before--good luck to ya and I hope you get that Indian one day..

eric

• Like 1

I agree with Homer, Iceland Knight has hung in there well considering the ass smacking he has taken.

Apparently, he is not going to badge it, label it, or tag it as an Indian, and that's great by me, as that was my only concern as well.

As far as Jap Crap goes, don't get me started here. I know, love America, love it or leave it, etc. We're talking motorcycles here. I also challange the haters of Japanese motorcycles to prove that they don't have ONE Japanese product in their ownership.

I've ridden American for 41 years, but I also appreciate other brands as well. Arlen Ness's first catalog had a Honda 4 on the cover. Sugar Bear's first catalog had a Honda 4 on the cover. Bottom line, is was a revolutionary design for it's time and changed motorcycling forever.

My Honda 4 will outrun most HD's or Indians on the street, and it's only 750 cc. The motor was built in 1976, that's a 32 year old motor. I don't think Gilroy was building them then. The bike starts on 1 kick, is smooth as glass, and gets 45 mpg. It's a great bike, and is also a national magazine cover bike.

I hope I never get so narrow minded to call anyones ride "crap". If you want to do so, tell it to my face in Branson !

Sorry to semi hijack this thread, but as I've said all my life....I LOVE ALL MOTORCYCLES, IT'S JUST SOME OF THE RIDERS I CAN'T STAND.

2 blackbelts

It's all good charger.

You have made it clear you think I am a lying worthless piece of shit.

It's your opinion and it's a fine one at that. You have ever right to have it.

"LR" I have NO PROBLEM with you...n don't give a rats ass what you think of me...this is all just cyber schitt....I know you & I are from differnt worlds... BUT,..let me make this clear...I have NO BRAND LOYLITY.....I'm a BIKER,...BROTHERHOOD is what I"M about....I talk dwn Hd as much as I do INDIAN...They're MACHINES...its just SOooooooo dam EASY ta turn you buttheads on...I just can't resist.... :babyhaha::babyhaha: ya NIMROD...lol

NOW...don't you feel stupid......you should...imho :babyhaha::Rulz[1]::stfu:

Ride long Ride safe!

Interesting comment...

I take it you are not among the victims Indian swindled out of their money? Cutting corners with inferior parts, yet keeping the price high, and exploiting the fan base and the following the Indian brand had? I was told it was greedy Americans exploiting idealist Americans, and yet again, exploiting the Native American Heritage and people in the process! - The Native American tribes I spoke with in Mendota (MN) were very unhappy with the use of the name "Indian" and "Chief" by any motorcycle company, with no funds coming back to the people who's heritage they were so blatantly exploiting! (It was nice to see the huge check (publicity stunt?) contributed by the new company) - as a side note they were also FURIOUS at the use of the demeaning "RedSkins" in American Football... and alhtough I cannot repeat what they said here, because the terms might be considered somewhat racist, they asked why some black teams weren't then just called called the "N" word?

Not everyone was as forgiving, for "The Great Indian Exploitation Swindle". - I learnt a LOT from owning my Indian Chief last summer, and the problems it caused me prompted discussion about how things came to be like they were... Cheap Korean made RevTec motors were mentioned... and talking to the people that have had the task of keeping these bikes on the road for all these years, from when they were running an Indian Dealership. They said (among other things):

"Let's just say, our service department always had plenty to do when we were an Indian Dealer."

They said smiling. Were they mocking the Indian quality? Happy to have lots to do? Maybe both.

Many good people believed in the brand so far as to fork out thousands of dollars for a bike that never made it from prototype to production, partly because the owner disappeared with all the funds! and partly because doing so would have meant Harley Davidson (the designer of some of the items used in the prototype) would have sued them into bankrupcy. - Now I am only repeating what I have been told by those who's livelihood depended on these bikes way back.

Way back Indian had the dignity associated with being America's first motorcycle. Some of the Sprigfield made Indian riders feel the way about the Gilroy Indian riding crowd. Seems like there will always be those who look down on others for one reason or another... but can they afford to? When their legacy is one founded on deceit? You could say the saying still rings true:

"There will always be those who are so small they have to stand on others to convince themselves they are something."

You could say that about the Springfield opinion of Gilroy, or Gilroy opinion of everyone else. There will always be those who need someone to blame for how they feel.

I am sure we all hope the new Indian will be resurected, and a new, fresh atttitude follow. It's the only way forward.

Yours,

Thor

I am sure I can find the History of Indian Motorcycles somewhere online... It's great reading... Too bad I only read it AFTER I made my mistake.

Indian Scrapbook time!

I HAVE to share this with you, in case you were unaware...

hehe... This is just too good... esp. after JapCrap talk...

taiwanfactory.jpg

Here is a picture for your Indian Pride album! Its your lovely Indian Factory in Taiwan.

Take pride in your ride!

Yep, that was for the dirt bikes in the 70's

And they won a lot of races in their classes

Damn! Have you read THIS?

Thor Motorcycle History (with Indian Involvement!)

Forget the Native Americans! Now I feel exploited!

hahaha

It says in the passage:

"What was the difference between a Thor, a Thor clone and an Indian?"

Sounds like they even had cloning back in the old days!

I could answer that today, tho! The Thor bike is a 1500 Intruder with Indian Chief fenders!

I had NO idea of my name's great involvement with Indian!

How about that... *sigh*

i agree with doc. gary on this one. here is a good example, my son(kakarot) will be riding a 1984 goldwing in branson this year,why, because he is waiting on an 09 chief that will more than likely outshine anyone who would snub him at IRIP. just be careful cause that same guy just may snub you on the ride to the grand opening. i like all bikes and most all riders.

i agree with doc. gary on this one. here is a good example, my son(kakarot) will be riding a 1984 goldwing in branson this year,why, because he is waiting on an 09 chief that will more than likely outshine anyone who would snub him at IRIP. just be careful cause that same guy just may snub you on the ride to the grand opening. i like all bikes and most all riders.

I gotta tell you, I find it REALLY funny when someone talks of "Freedom" then tries to dictate what another person rides!!! ...or what they do with their ride! Or what they do PERIOD! - That is just too funny! ;-)

If America stands for belief, then it is the belief to go with what you believe in, regadless of what other self righteous individual may think. There are enough of these "offended" types cos you don't ride the only bike a true patriot would ride: Harley Davidson... which is fine for those who can't afford a BossHoss!

How about freedom do what you want to do with your hard earnt cash, and then the great joy you get from sharing how you managed to solve all your problems, with others who might understand the love for a certain style of bike... and the dignity to stand up for what you have, whatever it is, and possibly against those who would belittle what you do with it.

After all the "talk" that they are not sheep with the rest of the flock?

Apparently they are like the sheep, after all... and no better.

I am glad, although a lot of people think alike, there are those that don't.

Those that dare to think outside the box.

Yours,

Thor

Thor,

What you seem to gloss over is the fact that no one is stopping you. Not the government nor any individual. They are just using their freedom to express their distaste for the way you chose to do things.

And when you freely choose to come inot a forum that is based around Indian motorcycle you really should expect to get the comments you did.

If that lil peckerwood even slightly snubs me, I will turn him over my knee & spank his ass right thru them tight leather pants he stole out of Elton Johns closet.

If that lil peckerwood even slightly snubs me, I will turn him over my knee & spank his ass right thru them tight leather pants he stole out of Elton Johns closet.

Are you talking about Mo?

Thor,

What you seem to gloss over is the fact that no one is stopping you. Not the government nor any individual. They are just using their freedom to express their distaste for the way you chose to do things.

And when you freely choose to come inot a forum that is based around Indian motorcycle you really should expect to get the comments you did.

Well, I remember there being talk of not being "sheep"...

To choose a different bike than was expected of you by others.

I was obviously mistaken that everyone on here would love to see Chief fenders being used... outside that which is dreamt of in your philosophy.

... but who else could apprciate Indian Chief fenders, but others who ride bikes with them on?

Maybe I was wrong... about a lot of things.

It's good to get this out in the open. People are not NEARLY as open or free as they pretend.

I can see the Harley Rider attitude clones exist here too.

The apple seldom falls far from the tree.

Good to know.

I am the wiser.

Well, I remember there being talk of not being "sheep"...

To choose a different bike than was expected of you by others.

I was obviously mistaken that everyone on here would love to see Chief fenders being used... outside that which is dreamt of in your philosophy.

... but who else could apprciate Indian Chief fenders, but others who ride bikes with them on?

Maybe I was wrong... about a lot of things.

It's good to get this out in the open. People are not NEARLY as open or free as they pretend.

I can see the Harley Rider attitude clones exist here too.

The apple seldom falls far from the tree.

Good to know.

I am the wiser.

Are you?

It seems what you require is total acceptance... a sheep like following.

Good if people agree with you and bad if they do not.

Go back and read the thread.

Seems some liked, some understood and some disliked.

Edited by Last Resort
Are you?

It seems what you require is total acceptance... a sheep like following.

Good if people agree with you and bad if they do not.

Go back and read the thread.

Seems some liked, some understood and some disliked.

I came here sharing my joy... expected all to rejoice with me.

Did not expect this outcome, true.

I am the wiser.

I will not make this mistake again.

End of story.

I agree with Homer, Iceland Knight has hung in there well considering the ass smacking he has taken.

Apparently, he is not going to badge it, label it, or tag it as an Indian, and that's great by me, as that was my only concern as well.

As far as Jap Crap goes, don't get me started here. I know, love America, love it or leave it, etc. We're talking motorcycles here. I also challange the haters of Japanese motorcycles to prove that they don't have ONE Japanese product in their ownership.

I've ridden American for 41 years, but I also appreciate other brands as well. Arlen Ness's first catalog had a Honda 4 on the cover. Sugar Bear's first catalog had a Honda 4 on the cover. Bottom line, is was a revolutionary design for it's time and changed motorcycling forever.

My Honda 4 will outrun most HD's or Indians on the street, and it's only 750 cc. The motor was built in 1976, that's a 32 year old motor. I don't think Gilroy was building them then. The bike starts on 1 kick, is smooth as glass, and gets 45 mpg. It's a great bike, and is also a national magazine cover bike.

I hope I never get so narrow minded to call anyones ride "crap". If you want to do so, tell it to my face in Branson !

Sorry to semi hijack this thread, but as I've said all my life....I LOVE ALL MOTORCYCLES, IT'S JUST SOME OF THE RIDERS I CAN'T STAND.

2 blackbelts

[/quot

I hope you don't either in fact you would look good on a intruder with indian fenders!

Indian Scrapbook time!

I HAVE to share this with you, in case you were unaware...

hehe... This is just too good... esp. after JapCrap talk...

taiwanfactory.jpg

Here is a picture for your Indian Pride album! Its your lovely Indian Factory in Taiwan.

Take pride in your ride!

I am simply saying the one thing that I do not understand is why the Japanese put plastic chrome parts on the bikes. I always relate japanese bikes to plastic chrome since I owned a M109 . There is a difference in how each bike rides and how they fit each person. Just seems wrong to take parts from other bikes build a frankenstien and call it a purebread. The fact you saw the beauty in the Indian means you see how unique they are. The point you made about the factory is a valid one but brings in the issue of how unions in this country outpriced themselves. I suspect the USA will have an asian president withing 20 years the way things are going.

Hey Mo,

I just cannot understand why someone would think by taking parts of an Indian and mix matching them on another brand could still expect to call the bike a chief!

That simple. Maybe I am too conservative. Its like a bad momma joke.

Hey Mo,

I just cannot understand why someone would think by taking parts of an Indian and mix matching them on another brand could still expect to call the bike a chief!

Hey there...

Indian made a bunch of models... One of which was the Chief. The Chief could be identified easily by the fenders it had. Some loved it, some hated it. Some said it looked "gay" others saw it as holding onto a style that was popular in 1930s, and that made it dear to them. I've heard all sides of this, but doesn't change a thing. We're all different, as you know. - Since the skirted fenders were associated with the Chief model, it is easiest to call the project a "Chief", because that is the model that had the fenders. Hence those who have put Chief fenders on their rides call the process "Chief'ing their ride". - Doesn't really matter what peoples opinions of that are, that's what they are calling the process! Makes sense.

It appeals to those who, for whatever reason, decided they want the look without the associated problems. I had to learn that the hard way, and it cost me $4500 of a $20,000 loan I took to make the trip to collect my Indian Chief happen. When I found out that the bike I had been sold was a piece of shit, I went to the seller and wanted to find out everything I could to protect my investment. Basically, they did not want it back, and thought they were at LAST rid of it, to another idealist. What followed was a history lesson in how all the blind idealists were swindled and how Indian drove itself into the ground. Very enlightening, but not really what I wanted to hear! - Bottom line was, there WAS no solution for me. They repaired the bike free, the 3 times it broke down, and sent me on my way. - Eventually I realized the bike I had was not a keeper... and I returned it, taking my loss, and was now the wiser. - I never gave up on my dream, though, piece of shit or not... and bought some Chief stuff to remember the original dream. I got models, pieces of Chief, etc. as you would Star Wars memerobilia, if you liked Star Wars... and all this despite knowing the Chief I got wasn't what it was supposed to be. (One bad apple, etc.)

Well, after waiting patiently, for a new, better, solid, more reliable Chief to appear, and then being told the date was being put back indefinitely, the frustration grew. Not only didn't I know if the price, except it would be "premium" and that could be anything... So perhaps the bike would be out of reach AGAIN after all the wait. You'd think that to sell a bike on today's market, (with oil prices rising and other bike prices coming down, etc) it would be priced to sell on the same market. Was it to be another swindle? One HOPES not, but one will have to see, but it just means more delays... Well, a person has to do what a person has to do.

I have 2 very reliable bikes in my garage. One is a 2006 Harley Davidson (so I guess you could say I am more patriotic than some who don't ride "American"? hah!) the other is the bike I bought new in 1998, a 1997 Suzuki Intruder (I just had it road tested, and didn't even know what year it was! I thought it was a '98)... Which I love for it's reliability... Shaft drive, and its breach of convention, gas tank is under the seat, battery up front, what is a tank on other bikes is where the air filter stuff goes on the Intruder... So it is really easy to make a STRECHED tank for this bike, since it's not a tank at all, but a cover. All these things were so different from other bikes that it made the Intruder more dear to me... but as many know I felt I still lacked a Chief into my lineup.

Well, since I will be cruising the USA this summer on what USA riders call a "StarChief" (is what a RoadStar with Chief fenders on has become known as) it was time to see if I couldn't "Chief" my Intruder. It was not THAT big a deal, and I can easily throw the fenders on and off depending on what I want the ride to look like, when I feel like it. Convenient! (... but I know that once the Chief fenders are on there I will not want to take them off again... because that is the LOOK I love.)

So, I just came here to share this with the forum. Not for approval, just sharing the joy I have found in finally putting genuine Indian Chief fenders on my 100% tried and truly reliable Intruder. No more Indian Chief woes for me, I will be riding my Chief'ed Intruder for YEARS to come. - I have shared this with others, on other forums, and have been met with great enthusiasm, and came to share the same with others who also ride shirted fendered bikes. Someone was not willing to give up on their dream because of their past experience. Especially since others said my loss should have put the "nail in that coffin", and yet others saying that someone should "drive a stake through Indian's black heart", and I do understand where they are coming from after the great swindle by it's owners of the followers of the brand. I have heard it all before, all the negative towards Indian and positive, too. I don't really care what others think, I will always go my own way. Always have, always will... I make my dreams happen however I can. - Maybe not the way others would do it, but hey, that's me. Rebel to the end, in the face of adversity.

If one day the Chief is released, fine... I will consider it, despite negative past experience with the same brand, people's opinions, or riders of the same brand who's opinions differ from my own. I do not discriminate because of some bad apples... but for I will be happy with what I have. Perhaps it was not what this forum wanted to hear... but, as LastResort said, others on this thread have chimed in with me, that my happiness is all that really matters.

... and that's the whole point.

Yours,

Thor

ps. I feel it's only fair to conclude by sharing with you that I enjoy sharing with others what I am doing, and since I have made my Chief projects known, a firm in San Francisco selling Chief fenders for $130 each has sold 10 pairs... Some to RoadStar riders, some to the Intruder crowd... So there will be a lot more Chief'ed bikes on the road soon... and when others see them, there will be even more. It's like a chain reaction. - All this, I believe, will also help sell more Chiefs for the new Indian factory, since people will wonder where to get those amazing looking bikes, and probably? possibly? won't want to underatke the hassle of custom Chief'ing their bikes when there is a model with it on the market. Meanwhile, we have The Alternatine Chief Homepage to unite us... Expect more additions to that site soon. 4 sure.

Hey Mo,

i agree with that, it is not a chief, it is an intruder trying to look like a chief.

hehehe... Pessimists should look at the bright side... I get my Chief'ed ride NOW. Don't have to wait for something that may or may not be worth the wait. - After my ordeal with the Indian Chief I had last year, and losing $4500 on THAT deal, I now have a finely tuned, dependable, modern motorcycle at the heart of my bike, even if it IS a 1998 model, which is OLDER than the 2000 Indian Chief I had, it is but a MUCH more dependable bike. So the way I see it, I am WAY ahead, despite my huge $ loss... but I know the style of ride I like, and if this is the only way I can get it NOW, then so be it. hah!

We will have to see what Indian comes up with... If it's the same old same old, I will be even more relieved not to have waited and lost even MORE! - Don't get me wrong, I'll still stop by the roadside, as I have always done, to see if I can be of assitance to those who choose to ride bikes that constantly break down (I should know, I had a Harley like that once... AND an Indian Chief that was like that too) ... but that has never been my bag.

I'm a Rider not a Repairman.

Yours,

Thor

comeon thor! the minnesota experience was worth all that!