Indian Motorcycle Community

Little Sturgis -V- Big Sturgis

While talking to one of my local riding buddies this past weekend, I heard a nasty rumor that Little Sturgis Rally and Race for Charity (Kentucky) was being sued by Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (South Dakota) for copyright infringements…….for copying their name and events…… I truly hope it’s just a rumor and not something that is actually taking place. It seems to me the more areas in the country that have motorcycle rallies the better for the motorcycle industry.

Little Sturgis can in no way compete with Big Sturgis and they do so much good for the charities they support(from 1993 to 2007 they have donated more that $2,000,000.00 to charity), it would be a shame to have to spend their money in a court battle…I really believe (if it’s true) it’s just a cheep way for Big Sturgis to try and extort money from Little Sturgis..(just my 2 cents)….below is a link to the 2008 flyer if anyone is interested in attending…..

http://littlesturgisrally.net/pdf/08%20flyer.pdf

Edited by Injun Pete

I was there...but...I never could find You or Mo....Ya'll hid pretty good....felt like you didn't want my company..... :angry: ....maybe it's because of what you were rid'n....a Winger and a H-D..... :D

Edited by Injun Pete

I was there...but...I never could find You or Mo....Ya'll hid pretty good....felt like you didn't want my company..... :angry: ....maybe it's because of what you were rid'n....a Winger and a H-D..... :D

MVC-022S-5.jpg

STILL plan on meetin up again @ the Moonlite Buffet on the way ta BRANSON... :buttrock:

There's a Little Sturgis rally in Sturgis, Mississippi, too!

It's actually sponsored by the Mississippi Dept. of Tourism, LOL!

Sturgis South Motorcycle Rally

-Doc

Dr. Mark,

a friend and I are planning a charity iron butt..prolly head up your way...we'll sell miles, like a walk-a-thon....may need your help picking out roads sooner r later...and if MG and the other lady in your sig pic want to be at the finish line on that end, we aint gonna complain.. i don't think we'll call it anything to do with sturgis....

eric

I have attended the Sturgis Toy Run (Sturgis, Michigan) since 1988 .

Sturgis Michigan Toy Run

It seems there is a rally in every Sturgis .... in every State.

I do enjoy the local one.... and since the KY one has been brought to my attention.. I may attend that this year.

MJ

There's a Little Sturgis rally in Sturgis, Mississippi, too!

It's actually sponsored by the Mississippi Dept. of Tourism, LOL!

Sturgis South Motorcycle Rally

-Doc

Now that I have checked out the website for the South Sturgis rally in MS... I have copied a bit of the Rules and Regulations page they have.......

‘ No Guns

‘ No Dogs

‘ No Attitudes

No Nudity

‘ Under 18/only with parent

‘ What is the rule about beer?

This has a very interesting answer. While Sturgis is WET for liquor, it is DRY for beer

I believe they have forgotten one Rule... NO FUN ....

I don't think I will be at this rally.

MJ