Indian Motorcycle Community

Chris-Craft takes first locally-made boat for test on Moss Lake

Old news here

If you do not care about Indians sister company Chris Craft just stop reading here.

I was just wondering what was going on at Chris Craft and found that they have been building boats in Kings Mountain for almost a year now.

Chris-Craft takes first locally-made boat for test on Moss Lake

March 21, 2007

KINGS MOUNTAIN - The first Catalina 23 boat made at Kings Mountain's Chris-Craft plant parted the waters Tuesday afternoon at Moss Lake as the watercraft sped across waves at 55 mph. "This is this boat's first time on the open water," said Chris-Craft Vice President of Operations Bob Greenberg. "It's 23 feet long, and it has a Yamaha 250 horsepower, four-stroke engine." He took the boat on Moss Lake to test it and everything ran as it was supposed to, Greenberg said. Kings Mountain Mayor Rick Murphrey and Police Chief Melvin Proctor took turns, along with Greenberg, steering the boat around the lake. Murphrey has said a boatlift is on its way to be installed at Moss Lake. After July, construction of piers and boat docks will begin on the lake for Chris-Craft to use. Greenberg said it took 18 days to make the first boat, but he expects the plant to produce four boats a week as more workers are hired. The plant currently has 27 employees and plans to have about 120 by the end of this year, Greenberg said.

The Chris Craft facility is just a little bit bigger than the Indian factory.

Chris Craft is 215,000 square feet and sits on 85 acres.

I don't believe it, it was just a warmed over bayliner. <_<

:fucktard:

:babyhaha:

I don't believe it, it was just a warmed over bayliner. <_<

thats GAYLINER in our neck of the woods

i wonder how many years before they have Indian motors?

eric

:lol:

Would be kinda cool if they made one small boat with a new Power plus 105 just for the hell of it

And then deck out a Chief like a boat using wood skins on the sheet metal and other boat type materials where they could

Would be kinda cool if they made one small boat with a new Power plus 105 just for the hell of it

And then deck out a Chief like a boat using wood skins on the sheet metal and other boat type materials where they could

:huh:

Mike, I sure hope you saved some for your friends :biglaugh:

A YAMAHA :0 <SHAKING MY HEAD WITH DISBELIEF> WHADAFUCK?

Wonder if there will ever be a wet bike designed to compete with other market producers; that'd be cool .. ;) Dave

he kinda lost it for a minute there chris. :D

Why does homer get a pass? <_<

He started it :huh:

A YAMAHA :0 <SHAKING MY HEAD WITH DISBELIEF> WHADAFUCK?

What's wrong with Yamaha outboards?

The export center console boats get a Merc. Most of all thier other models use inboards, Volvo, BB Chev, or even diesels.

I will tell you what, the Yamaha dual 250's haul ass and are incredibly smooth and quiet.

You should see the two pools inside the CC plant, one is about 60' long for live water tests. Chris Craft is an amazing place to see the resin come in one end and watch complete water ready boats come out the other end. They also just moved thier small "Speedster" model to Kings Mountain and are actaully hiring more staff. Things are going very well over there.

When the U.S. dollar is low, USA manufacturers often find good markets for their USA branded products overseas. This can make an important difference to State side OEMs who aren't getting enough domestic sales. That way, the American OEM can wait out the economic cycle without too much downsizing. just my two cents again

and are actaully hiring more staff. Things are going very well over there.

Hiring more people?

guess they must be selling some boats somewhere ... maybe? :o

Hiring more people?

guess they must be selling some boats somewhere ... maybe? :o

You haven't put $1,000.00 down on yours yet??? :D