Indian Motorcycle Community

Cataract Surgery

By the time I finish this, it will be time to head out the door and go to the surgery center for my first cataract surgery. It's gotten so bad in my right eye that it's like having vaseline smeared over my lens . . . driving and riding at night has become next to impossible with the halo affect around the oncoming headlights - and forget it in the rain. I'm eye-phobic, but I put it off as long as I can.

If I show up on a ride with a parrot on my shoulder and an eye patch on my right eye, you'll know something went horribly wrong.

Best of luck, hope all goes well, N ya end up good as new... :bthumb: Dave

Good luck. Recover well.

It'll bug you for a couple days, then you'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long. New lenses, and you can see like a 16 year old.

They used the same technology to come up with implantable contact lenses.

Good luck, bro!

-Doc

GOOD LUCK. BY THE TIME YOU GET HOME, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ THIS.

I hope everything goes well.

It'll bug you for a couple days, then you'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long. New lenses, and you can see like a 16 year old.

They used the same technology to come up with implantable contact lenses.

Good luck, bro!

-Doc

Listen to Doc ! :I-Agree[1]:

I was pretty much out of it yesterday afternoon . . . I have a low tolerance for anesthetics . . . so I slept most of the day. My right eye, the eye that had the surgery, now sees in "technicolor" while the left eye is still in "sepia". I really didn't know what I was missing until I had it done! The new lens allows me to see things near, but my brain is having a hard time blending these two disparate images together.

This afternoon I see the opthamologist for my follow-up and to schedule the surgery for the next eye . . . not sure when I get my new prescription for my right eye, but I don't have much balance right now so I won't be on The Iron Beast until I can get used to this. Can't wait to get the other eye done!

But I'm still disappointed about no x-ray vision or flying cars.

I was pretty much out of it yesterday afternoon . . . I have a low tolerance for anesthetics . . . so I slept most of the day. My right eye, the eye that had the surgery, now sees in "technicolor" while the left eye is still in "sepia". I really didn't know what I was missing until I had it done! The new lens allows me to see things near, but my brain is having a hard time blending these two disparate images together.

This afternoon I see the opthamologist for my follow-up and to schedule the surgery for the next eye . . . not sure when I get my new prescription for my right eye, but I don't have much balance right now so I won't be on The Iron Beast until I can get used to this. Can't wait to get the other eye done!

flyingcar.jpg

i'm looking forward to getting mine done for sure.

:huh: ....hat's of to ya TR.Seems like we're all 'bout the age now that parts are either worn out or not workin'...the golden years,eh? :P

Doc Eye Guy was pleased with the results (and why wouldn't he be - he did the surgery) . . . so far so good . . . even had a clear non-prescription lens put in my glasses in place of the now defunct lens. Unfortunately, I still have to wear these funky retire-in-Miami Beach-wear-over-your-glasses sunglasses until the final prescription is ready.

At least I can see to watch the NCAA Tourney on my little Casio color TV at work over lunch.

Next surgery - Tuesday, May 6.

Damn how old are you guys?

Piss on ya, ya whippersnapper!

Damn young'uns...

-Doc

I like the Cataract CTS convertable .. :huh: hope it went well! I am haveing my eye lids trimmed the end of may. They are pushing my eye lashes down and make eveything burry...and they flap in the wind when I ride :angry:

Edited by streetcruiser

YMMV. In my case I still need prescription lenses. The surgery renders great results, and it's worth doing but it ain't magic.

Last week I ended up freakin out because I got floaters and strobing in the eye that the surgery was performed on. Turns out it's a not uncommon aftereffect. It's common enough that they even have one a them friggin pamphlets that I never read unless the magazine rack is a choice between the pamphlets and People or Golf.

What my doctor didn't have was a policy about warning me of the possibilities ahead of time.

So, surgery in October and December.

Clarity- dramatic, great.

Vision correction- minimal.

Maintenance- minimal.

After effects- ongoing, not significant.

Everything, I has come to realize, everything is a trade off.

Damn how old are you guys?

Old enough to remember gas being $.20 per gallon, a Coke was a nickel, a three-bedroom house was $8,000 and there were only three television stations that came on in the morning and signed off in the evening.

Old enough to remember gas being $.20 per gallon, a Coke was a nickel, a three-bedroom house was $8,000 and there were only three television stations that came on in the morning and signed off in the evening.

You musta been a City Boey, All spoiled'n all with 3 tv stations. :P