Indian Motorcycle Community

Will victory buy indian?

The last post I saw on the Gilroy Dispatch hinted at Victory being the buyer. Victory needs a good looking motor and Indian needs anything. I wish they would build them in Birmingham, Alabama, near my home.

Indian is too beautiful of a bike and has too much heritege to go by the wayside. Kudos to you owners.

:idea31:

In a word - No.

In two words - Hell No.

In three words - Not in Hell.

In four words - No way in Hell.

In five words - Not a chance in Hell.

In six words - Not a F-ing chance in Hell.

In seven words - Not a F-ing snowballs chance in Hell.

In eight words - Not even a F-ing snowballs chance in Hell.

In nine words - Not even if Lucifer had icicles up his ass.

In ten words - Only when you crap bald assed babboons out your ass.

In eleven words - Not in a million, kajillion, sectillion years will Victory buy Indian.

In twelve words - After pulling my pants down and kissing my ass on main street.

In thirteen words - Your wrinkled and smelly two fisting old granny couldn't make Victory buy Indian.

In fourteen words - Right after you lick the dried salt out of a fat girls neck roll.

In fifteen words - When Victory buys Indian you can shave my ass and change my name to Nancy.

In sixteen words - The pope, the ghost of Steve McQueen, and ten Ronald McDonalds couldn't make this deal happen.

In seventeen words - You really don't think Indian is already  back after all the news that broke on April First?

In eighteen words - And they also plan on buying rights to the Starship Enterprise to add intergalactic to their roadside assistance.

In nineteen words - You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille with three unbuilt Indians and a crop in the field.

In twenty words - I drank way too much scotch and counting all these words at 2:58 Am is really making my head hurt.

Thanks, Danny

Danny,

I think you have too damn much time on your hands!!!

Rosie

tell us how you really feel Danny....LOL

44880909.jpg

Ya know, I never cared for the style of them Viktories but recently saw a Arlen Ness version in the flesh and was surprised how much better it looked.....still not my cup of phlegm but he DID improve it overall.

The thing that also struck me was the level of detail and apparent maturity to the bike overall, comparable in some ways to a Hardley or Ricer. Hate to admit it but it did shame the Indians in this area. BUT HAVING SAID THAT, the main thing that I picked up on was that this lump of metal seemed to lack a soul......just like a typical Jap bike.

Maybe they should come out with a Maytag or Kelvinator model as it sure seemed like a household appliance to me.

-ANT

Ya know, I never cared for the style of them Viktories but recently saw a Arlen Ness version in the flesh and was surprised how much better it

Yaeh... I know what you mean.   Saw one at a motorcycle expo show yesterday and really had a chance to check it out.

It is a nicley detailed bike although it does lack the agressive styling that the Indian Scout has.

Best of all is the recessed tailight!!!!

I sat on a Victory King Pin in Birmingham, Alabama yesterday. Very nice bike but it was over 17 grand. For 16 grand you can have a decked-out Goldwing and I believe it is made in America. The Victory compared more to a Honda VTX which you could get for 5 grand less.

These american bikes manufacturers have got to learn value. Chiefs selling for 27 grand, Harleys for 25 grand. How can the Japanese make bikes in America for so much less? : :)

The higher prices for the Hardleys is not a matter of poor management but market forces. Hardley charges what they do because they CAN. People want them *that* bad.

Or at least they used to.

As of lately the isn't you no longer have to be put on a waiting list at most dealers, and not only aren't they charging thousands above list but are actually selling BELOW list price. This is unheard of.....or at least not since the AMF days.

I feel this is due to a combination of an oversaturated market and that the bloom is off as Harley themselves have caused their icon to become so mainstream by them whoring their name out for any sort of merchandise under the sun that now it's lost much of the magic. When you see a "bad ass" poser get off his bike and go into a board meeting he nor the bike doesn't seem so bad after all.

-ANT

As of lately the isn't you no longer have to be put on a waiting list at most dealers, and not only aren't they charging thousands above list but are actually selling BELOW list price. This is unheard of.....or at least not since the AMF days.

I saw a beeeeeeutiful brand new Purple 02 Heritage Springer yesterday at a new shop for only 18,500.00...

It is about time for prices to come down. I will own a big bike in a couple of years. I just don't understand how you can buy a descent 4wd truck for under 20 grand and a descent bike cost more than the truck. Something "ain't" right. :(

An hour or two ago I saw a commercial for the "new" Sportster that had a list price around $6k and change.

My my my. Have what I've been saying all along come to pass? This is a slippery slope they're embarking on. Lower the prices and the panache disappears, plus they then need to compete with smaller profit margins like the Japanese.

Flip side, they don't lower prices and sales slip. It's akin to what Packard faced during the depression. They came out with a line of cheaper cars but instead of coming up with another brand name (like Cadillac did with LaSalle) they stuck with their actual name. These sold like hot cakes but after the war when they should've walked away from these cheaper models they kept on cranking them out. Bottom line is that while they sold some of their good name along with those cheap models they had an opportunity to retake it but didn't.

Let's watch history repeat itself.

Why don't these companies hire me to save them? They need a student of history to advise them. I watch these marketing errors all the time and am correct more often than not.

-ANT

While negotiating with Polaris over a Victory dealership, the subject of a Polaris/Indian purchase or merger came up.  According to the people at the table, Polaris examined things quite closely for obvious reasons and determined that Indian would sink the $1.5 billion/year Polaris company - that's how Foc'd the company is.

Of course, other things they told us weren't exactly on the level which is why we turned and walked from Victory...

I find that pretty hard to believe that even with FOC's "midas touch" that it could submarine as large a firm as Polaris.

Smart cookie lawyers could structure it in such a way to prevent this. There are all sorts of ownership methods, wholly owned, subsidiary, etc. Each with it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Another possible way of protecting themselves would be to organize a new holding corp. outside of the US but headquarter the new Indian corp. here. Hell, if *I* can cook up these schemes, just imagine what a $2000 an hour law firm could do.

-ANT

Don't be fooled by the "popular" opinion of motorcycling willmarth2.  There are good prices on good bikes if you look.  Same with trucks.  I paid 15K for my chief roadmaster with 1000 miles on her.  If you want it bad enough, you can get what you really want. :nod:  :nod:

Not to get completely off the subject...............fuck it , I will ! Brock that is one fine looking Chief you got there!!!

I appreciate the words ...i think she is one red hot bitch as well....  :P  :P

It's akin to what Packard faced during the depression...

For those of you who don't know -

ANT was born in 1893...

Thanks, Danny

Archived