Indian Motorcycle Community

SLO Triathalon

We're escaping the incoming rain here in Seattle this weekend and heading off to San Luis Obispo Saturday where Valerie will participate in her first triathalon. I'll be there in my IIRA t-shirt acting as water boy and lap counter. She's really psyched! So along about 9:00 Sunday morning, send your positive energy to SLO!

Edited by TallRider

We're escaping the incoming rain here in Seattle this weekend and heading off to San Luis Obispo Saturday where Valerie will participate in her first triathalon. I'll be there in my IIRA t-shirt acting as water boy and lap counter. She's really psyched! So along about 9:00 Sunday morning, send your positive energy to SLO!

Hey we got your e-mail. Tell Val we are behind her all the way! Hope you guys have a safe trip. :Score-101010[1]:

so...?

How was it?

Right???

How about a little AAR "after action report"

:Score-101010[1]:

Erasurehead is good about giving them... :Cheers[1]:

and yes, I did know I spelled your name wrong...

hell, let's just say I spelt it wrong.

Edited by Airwolf

Valerie did well . . . as a 57 year old who is in far better shape than I am, her goal was to finish and she finished in the middle of the 55 - 60 year-old bracket.

We flew down to San Jose and then drove to SLO . . . beautiful drive and yes - the crotch rockets were insance. Valerie has a lead foot and so she was keeping up with the flow of traffic (80 mph) when three sport bikes flew by us splitting the lanes at about 90. That didn't bother me so much as it did when one of these guys slows to about 80 . . . reaches in his pocket . . . and starts to read a text message.

Weather was perfect . . . we went down to Avila Beach where I met Dale Adams (if my memory is correct) who had restored a 1928 Indian Scout. We chatted for about twenty minutes and took some pictures which I promise to post as soon as (1) I download them from my camera and (2) figure out how to post them here.

Valerie's start time as #317 was 9:20 AM at the pool . . . and I was the lap counter . . . and here I thought being a lap counter meant something completely different! She had to rent a bike down there - a mountain bike which was a wee bit cumberson for the 18 mile ride - and she had some difficulty in the transition . . . putting her helmet on backwards at first. She coiuldn't figure out what I was laughing about until I signaled her to turn it around.

I wore my Seattle IIRA t-shirt during the event, but didn't meeet any other riders - except for the Scout rider. Now we're back in sunny Seattle and waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids to arrive Friday for a week's stay.

I'll post the pics soon. Thanks for the post-event interest!