Indian Motorcycle Community

Shuttle Lifts Off!

If it is anywhere as awesome as watching that critter land, I bet it is magnificent.

I used to live in Boron, CA and could watch the shuttles touch down from my roof when they ;amded at Edwards AFB. Used to have some great parties "up on the roof"!!! :)

If it is anywhere as awesome as watching that critter land, I bet it is magnificent.

I used to live in Boron, CA and could watch the shuttles touch down from my roof when they ;amded at Edwards AFB. Used to have some great parties "up on the roof"!!! :)

STS-104_Launch2.jpg

I think it's a little brighter and noisier at launch time then at landing!

ShuttleLaunch.jpg

shuttle_launch3.jpg

That's what I pray for

Now that's a great picture.

STS-104_Launch2.jpg

ShuttleLaunch.jpg

shuttle_launch3.jpg

I think it is supposed to be that way. But the double sonic boom is sure different than any other you ever hear.

Lisa...Thanks for sharing this with us! I bet it's truly amazing to see this in person......hope you guys are doing well down there......

I think it is supposed to be that way. But the double sonic boom is sure different than any other you ever hear.

The most incredible thing I've ever seen in my life is the shuttle taking off at night...which I don't think they are going to do any more...but it's like the sun rising over the ocean (the cape juts out into the ocean, so from the beach here, it looks like the shuttle it taking out over the ocean)....but it rises quickly, and leaves a broad golden beam behind it....the entire ocean lights up like it's daylight for a minute, then the ball of flame leaps up into the sky, travels north toward us, then turns East towards Europe. You can follow it for 3 or 4 minutes after launch.

After a short time, you can see the solid rocket booster, which looks red at night fall off, then what feels like a solid wall of sound hits you while you are standing on the sandy beach. It's not loud like a noise, it's just like a boom, that feels so solid that it will make you take a step back!

The shuttle taking off in the daylight can't compare, but it's still an amazing and wondrous sight to behold.

Those are very brave souls who ride at the top of that quickly rising sun!

Lisa...Thanks for sharing this with us! I bet it's truly amazing to see this in person......hope you guys are doing well down there......

Yup, we're doing fine! Today is our wedding anniversary, and we're getting ready to do our annual anniversary ritual, open a bottle of wine, get in the hot tub, and watch the Daytona Beach fireworks show....which are eminently viewable from our hot tub....got lucky there I guess! And you have to admit that Daytona Beach is one fantastic town to live in, shooting off fireworks and all just for our anniversary!

:Cheers[1]::Score-101010[1]:

Beautiful pictures, wonder if that nut in North Korea let people stand around and take pictures, then put them on the internet? I seriously doubt it.

YEAH, MY TAX DOLLARS BLOWIN OUT THE ASS OF THAT CONTRAPTION IN FLAMES......... :angry:

That's exactly what the T-Rex (chief rider) would have said if dinosaurs had tax dollars, and if that asteroid didn't hit the Earth and wipe them all out.

Fortunately, we are a little smarter then the T-Rex (well except for the chief riders of course), and hopefully one day when Earth is no longer suitable for human life, we'll have established ourselves on other planets and other solar systems and our entire species won't be wiped out due to another asteroid impact, excessive solar activity, geological upheaval, or our own poisoning of the planet.

Yep, Big Shive, future generations of humans will be thanking you for spending your tax dollars so wisely...they might even erect a statue to you for your forward thinking...with their tax dollars! :P

That's exactly what the T-Rex (chief rider) would have said if dinosaurs had tax dollars, and if that asteroid didn't hit the Earth and wipe them all out.

Fortunately, we are a little smarter then the T-Rex (well except for the chief riders of course), and hopefully one day when Earth is no longer suitable for human life, we'll have established ourselves on other planets and other solar systems and our entire species won't be wiped out due to another asteroid impact, excessive solar activity, geological upheaval, or our own poisoning of the planet.

Yep, Big Shive, future generations of humans will be thanking you for spending your tax dollars so wisely...they might even erect a statue to you for your forward thinking...with their tax dollars! :P

Just what we need...... more fucking wide statues..... <_<

How the hell you doing Shive ole buddy....

And hey happy anniversary Lisa and Joker.... :Cheers[1]: I know it's late but I been busy...

HELLO "STU" OLE-BOY.....DOIN O.K. JUST WORKIN ALOT OF OVERTIME AND PAYING MY TAXES SO THE SHUTTLE CAN CONTINUE TO SEARCH FOR A BETTER PLACE FOR US TO LIVE........... <_<

We missed ya on the Blue Ridge Ride... We're gonna have to meet somewhere.... outside of Florida... you know some place with hills and bends where we can ride. I know maybe the Blue Ridge.... Maybe the Smokeys in northern Georgia... Some place we can do some riding and drink some beers and shoot some shit....

Edited by stu

SOUNDS GOOD "STU" OLE-BUDDY.....I HEAR THEY GOT ALOT OF TWISTIES AND HILLS ON MARS AND JUPITER......AND I HEAR PLUTO HAS THE COLDEST BEER IN TOWN.......AND STRIPPERS ON THE PLANET ZENON ARE THE FOXYEST IN THE UNIVERSE......MAYBE YOU AND I COULD HOOK UP ON THE NEXT SHUTTLE LAUNCH AFTER I FILL HER UP WITH MY TAX DOLLARS......... <_<

SOUNDS GOOD "STU" OLE-BUDDY.....I HEAR THEY GOT ALOT OF TWISTIES AND HILLS ON MARS AND JUPITER......AND I HEAR PLUTO HAS THE COLDEST BEER IN TOWN.......AND STRIPPERS ON THE PLANET ZENON ARE THE FOXYEST IN THE UNIVERSE......MAYBE YOU AND I COULD HOOK UP ON THE NEXT SHUTTLE LAUNCH AFTER I FILL HER UP WITH MY TAX DOLLARS......... <_<

Relax bud.... it's just money... if they wasn't spending it on shuttles they'd be spending it on methadone for heroine addicts... If it isn't one thing it's another..... It ain't like the shuttle's gonna go away and all of sudden we get more money.... it ain't gonna happen... Soooo we should just ride, drink, and chase women....

Don't let him fool you Stu, I heard from Judi that Big Shive hasn't paid any taxes in years....THAT'S why he is heading for the planet Zenon!

BTW, we were watching this asteroid documentary last night, and they said that if Comet Shoemaker-Levi had hit the Earth instead of Jupiter, then we wouldn't be watching that show last night.....that the few remaining survivors would be grunting over whatever dead animal carcass they could manage to find.

Sounded to me like a typical day around here!