Indian Motorcycle Community

Best Friend Murdered

Friday evening Edna and I went out for a late dinner, at appleby's. We returned home at 11 or so, only to find that my 2 1/2 year old Boxer, Josey, was not home. Most time's I will put him and his sister, a 12 year old terrior, Winnie, in their pin, when I leave,but not alway's, they stay near by not this time. Josey did not come home friday evening, nor saturday morning(missed chow time). I'm still hopeful, maybe the animal control got him? About 12 noon I call the warden's house, got the answering machine and left a message. 4pm, Edna starts knocking on doors. About 1/4 mile up the she stops at a dumpy ass trailer. Woman come's to the door, and she ask's " Have you seen a Boxer today or last nite?". This woman, who is 25yrs. old or so say's " uh, yea he was here last nite, with a little dog". Edna say's "oh, good is he still here, where did him go". Woman say's "well we shot him, and my dad buried him in the wood's"

HOW THE HELL DOE'S THAT GRAB YEA

To make a long story short, she say's Winnie came to the door(doors were open,no air conditioning)She, her sister,and some young one's invited Winnie in and petted her, so Josey came in to! She claims they got scared, barred themselves in the bathroom, and called 911, when the police did NOT come, she came out, only to find Josey OUTSIDE lying in the yard. After three differant version's, "I called a friend, I did it, I called my dad", Josey, was murdered in their backyard. He was shot at close range, in the right ear hole, with a 410 shotgun.

Edna came home with the news, with all of my emotions, I put Josey's blanket and a shovel in the truck, and took the long drive over there, to bring Josey home. On the way over I called the Sherriff's dept. to meet me over there, and they did. She admitted to the deputy, that she did it, only because Josey would no leave. Some young men that were there drove down to the edge of the field, and picked Josey up off of the ground, and brought him back to me( I knew he was not buried)

I covered him with his blanket, and brought him home. Dug him a resting place, in the back yard. Only to find when I uncovered his blanket, That those bastard's had stuck a knife deep in his throat and cut his airway.

I don't know how to end this story, but I buried Josey with his Frisbie, and planted some flower bulbs over him.

In defense for him I will say Josey did not have a mean bone in his body, and to be truthful him even looked a little goofy. He was the runt of his litter, he loved to play frisbie, or a plain ole rock would do. His given name was Josey Wales, but I just called him Josey Boy. :1106: I'm going to miss my Friend.

I'm not to good at posting pictures, but their are some on this site somewhere

That's All

Paul

Paul,

Sorry to hear about your dog. I just don't get how some people can be so malicious. Saw on the news tonight, there is a sherman sheppard up for adoption, he was found after some sick bastard poured battery acid all over him. WTF is wrong with some people? Take care, Fernando

Paul,

Sorry to hear about your dog. I just don't get how some people can be so malicious. Saw on the news tonight, there is a sherman sheppard up for adoption, he was found after some sick bastard poured battery acid all over him. WTF is wrong with some people? Take care, Fernando

I'm sorry to hear that Paul,...I feel for you & your family. I'm a dog lover too!

John in Red Deer

Real sorry to hear that story.

Some people are just low.

I love my pets more than most people.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I don't know what I would do to the bitch that shot him, I do know it would not be pretty.

Sorry to hear this Paul. Losing a pet is like losing part of the family.

Paul.....I'm so sorry to hear this. I love all dogs with all my heart. Think I was one in a former life, or will be next time around. I don't honestly know what I'd do to those folks who did this to your friend, and family member, but like a few others said, it sure wouldn't be pretty. God will ge tthem in the end. Can you imagine standing at the pearly gates answering to God on why you did something as low as this...have solace in that they will get their due in the end.....

Paul...got to thinking about it a bit...you could probably talk to the prosecutor about filing animal cruelty charges against them...sounds like they don't have much to take but their freedom......man...sometimes I wish it were still an eye for an eye way of life.......you could wait around, and knife the guy who did that to your dog......

damit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry bout your buddie

That's enough to make a grown man cry. Can't imagine myself in your place.

It damn sure is.

Thanks to all for the kind words. As a teen and young adult, I would break out a can of whoop ass on a crossed word. In today's world, justice will have to come via the court system.

As of yesterday afternoon, Two felony warrants have been issued.Woman should get served today.#1. Shooting a domesticated animal(with a value of over $200, under 2, and your pet's killer gets a misdemeanor), #2. Animal cruallty, for cutting Josey.

I have not read the complaints, the deputy wrote them. I am guessing that this person will be challenged by the state of Virginia, I don't know, but I will find out today.

Trailer trash.

I been down this road. Hard to know the right way to deal.

Think then act.

Of course, there's direct ways to settle up with these kinds of lowlife assholes, but the risk may be prohibitive. Why expose yourself to more misery?

Here's a few thoughts.

Dept of Children and Youth Services.

Zoning board.

How many junkers in the yard?

Tags up to date on the vehicles?

Who do they know? How they getting they jollies?

World is chock full of people that don't have any use for whitetrash dogkillers. If it become common knowledge among some folks they might not be inclined to be friendly with dogkillers.

A little time and a little planning. Get on the other side of grief to where you can think straight. Then do a little legwork and get a plan.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

You are lucky Paul that you have Winnie still. Time will pass and you'll get attached to another pal. If you are wise and do your homework, you will move on to better days and in the deal you can give those scumbags something to chew on before they take down somebody else's buddie.

What they did is so wrong on so many levels.

Been a lover of Boxers for the last 30 years or so.

Damn sweet dogs that are all about watching out for thier 'family',

total unconditional love.

My heart goes out to you, a little bit of me died with each one I ever

lost.

Get your payback on your own time, and make it good.

I think that there is a special place in hell for such people who do harm to innocent creatures. This happened to my brother's dog ten years ago. A neighbor shot him with a shotgun while he was in my BROTHER'S yard :1106:

Sorry for your loss.

<_< Paul, grieving is a process, not an event. I'm sorry for your loss. :angry:

IndianLan

That absolutely sucks!!!

I have always loved Boxers, and it rips my heart out to read this.

My deepest condolances Paul. Very sorry for your loss. I hope that trailer park trash gets locked up and the key is thrown away.

paul

sorry for your loss i've had boxers for about fifteen

years-the greatest dogs you can imagine(my opinion)

they never live long enough -but to have something like

that happen and lose one so young so unneedlessly

i'm not sure how i would react i think Pop has the best

suggestions just give yourself a chance to grieve

than a chance to cool down and then do everything

in your power to make them as miserable as you

are right now-- take care -and again sympathy

for you and your family

Buffalo

Paul.. sorry to hear this... some people really do suck...hope they get their due.

I'm sure karma is just waiting until she has enough rope, and then she'll pull that noose good and tight. Hopefully karma will use the court system to do it up right.

Condolences, Paul.

Paul I'm so sorry for your loss. like others have said I would make there life miserable. If the place is a dump call child welfare, If they have junk in the yard call whoever to get that cleaned. Maybe there a fire hazard. It would be tempting to beat the piss out of them but then you would be the one in shit not them. Hopefully the court appoints someone who is a dog lover. Why not call the local dog lovers group there must be some kind that would be appalled at this and be all over these people. How about telling the news papers or radio. Everyone around would know what kind of scum these people are. :1106: Sorry for what happened and hope you get em for it.

Al

sorry to hear that Paul......have nto always got along on here but times like this there is no room for bullshit or animosity.

i would pursue charges against them for that...the dog was not threatening them....or destroying property...just lying there....and they killed him. Around here they arrest people that shoot their own dogs to put them down when dying or if hit by car....if they do it the old fashion way instead of paying a Vet $100 to do it for them...so I think you definately got a case.

Good luck buddy and sorry for your loss....I have been there myself.