Indian Motorcycle Community

Anyone From VEGAS??? I'm Heading to your town!

If anyone on here is from Las Vegas....I'd appreciate a little assistance. My wife and I are coming to Vegas from June 15th - 18th. I was wondering if there is anywhere out there to RENT a MOTORCYCLE? What about some good roads to ride if I do this? I'd really appreciate any info anyone can give. Thanks!

Plenty of places to rent HD for about $100-125 a day for a bagger. Any hotel will be able to help set you up.

Best route is out to the dam and around the Rock park and back. About a half day of riding with clean roads, little traffic and a helluva view.

Take your sunscreen.

If you want to get out of the heat take a ride to Spring Mountains and/or Mt. Charleston. Most people only think of the desert when they think of Vegas. Going to these place will change the way you view the area.

If you want to get out of the heat take a ride to Spring Mountains and/or Mt. Charleston. Most people only think of the desert when they think of Vegas. Going to these place will change the way you view the area.

i didn't see no mountains in that oven...

eric

Jeff, How you doin' buddy? Been a long time. As Maldev said, Vegas is one of the easiest cities in the country to rent a motorycle. Blackdog did it in 2003 for the trip to Lauglin. I followed him back to the rental shop on the way home. In addition to the dam and Rock park I can recommend the ride out to Death Valley if you're feeling ambitious. It's about 100 miles one way and a beautiful ride. You can do it as a loop so you don't have to backtrack, if you want. In the other direction, you could ride down to Lake Havasu City to see the London Bridge but it's about 150 miles one way and the ride is nowhere as scenic as the ride to Death Valley. Or, if you like seeing wild burros running around in the street, you could head to Oatman which is about 130 miles one way. Lots of choices. Enjoy.

i didn't see no mountains in that oven...

eric

Spring Mountains (Mount Charleston)

According to USA Today, high today in Vegas was 93. High in Death Valley was 92.

Anyone who believes a word that is produced by Don deserves what they get.

I will have a temp update within the next two hours, I do know Vegas is a nice town to drive by this time of the year. (85mph w/windows rolled up & a/c full blast) or :moped:

Edited by hasbin

The ride to Echo Bay Resort is great -

About 45 miles of switch backs ending at the northern tip of Lake Mead -

And if you ask for the mgr Bob -

Tell him Mary and Danny sent you -

Rent yourself a party/pontoon boat and cruise the lake -

A whole day will only cost about $250...

Thanks, Danny

Thanks for all the input fellas! I really appreciate it. Not sure if I'm going to do it yet since we only have 2 real days of Sight seeing due to flight in getting there at 5 pm and flight out leaving at 7 am. I'm going to think it over. At least you all gave me some stuff to think about! Thanks!

Hell it was only 100 deg. today, I bet the locals had to put they winter coats on.