Indian Motorcycle Community

Notes from my last ride

A few of us had to ride to Colo. for our annual motorcycle club reunion. On top of a late start it was a hot day in the triple digits, not ideal for a desert run. One of my bros on this trip is a very hard drinker, the kind that has beer for breakfast & switches to hard stuff before lunch every day. Anyway about about 200 miles into the trip we stoped for hamburgers & of course more drinks. A few miles up the road he started weaving & constant speed changes. We made him pull off into a small town & just managed to pull into a gas station & stop when him & his bike hit the ground. (Five feet in front of a cop I will add but as luck would have it the cop was busy.) My bro was out cold for a few secs, now he wasn't drunk but had a heat stroke. Wind & high temps will dry anyone out in a heart beat but I do however blame his lifetime of hard drinking for greatly helping this condition.

Anyway the point of this is to remind you all to drink a lot of water when riding on hot days, it can be killer.

When I was in Dubai for a year, the last motorcycle trip of the winter riding season was the first week of April. 43'C (about 110'F) - in April. Summer wasn't even there yet. At that temperature I was finishing a 1.5L of water every hour while riding, and didn't piss for 6 hours. You were never even damp from sweating, you just had this salty residue built up on your arms. That shit's too damn hot. Nothing like riding with a giant hair-dryer pointed at your face.

Edited by Canuck

Anyway the point of this is to remind you all to drink a lot of water when riding on hot days, it can be killer.

what about don't drink and drive :Rulz[1]: