Indian Motorcycle Community

I know memorial day has come and gone.. but just a reminder to everyone to remember those that didnt make it, and those still slugging it out in your thoughts and prayers..

Not big on posting stuff like this as a rule but it kinda got to me today.. I just got the word that a friend of mine was at the center of an ambush in Afganistan yesterday.. He took a few hits - arm, wrist, leg and chest, but hes in a field hospital in Tarin Khowt and doing well.... probably will need reconstructive on his wrist.. but the plate took the brunt of the chest hit, and the leg will need more work, but so far its looking good.. Hes a tough old bastard so I am sure hes gonna be back 100%..

So for him he's out the fight.. but many more are still in it all day every day.. Take a few moments if you can and think about them.. and those that wont see home again..

I know memorial day has come and gone.. but just a reminder to everyone to remember those that didnt make it, and those still slugging it out in your thoughts and prayers..

Not big on posting stuff like this as a rule but it kinda got to me today.. I just got the word that a friend of mine was at the center of an ambush in Afganistan yesterday.. He took a few hits - arm, wrist, leg and chest, but hes in a field hospital in Tarin Khowt and doing well.... probably will need reconstructive on his wrist.. but the plate took the brunt of the chest hit, and the leg will need more work, but so far its looking good.. Hes a tough old bastard so I am sure hes gonna be back 100%..

So for him he's out the fight.. but many more are still in it all day every day.. Take a few moments if you can and think about them.. and those that wont see home again..

good post steve

He's breathin and that's great.

Yesterday I stood for a boy that got blowed up by an IED last week.

I just want to say two things.

I'm humbled by the sacrifice. Any of my silly drivel can't begin to measure up.

The other thing is, whenever we rolled out ahead of the casket, we got about a couple blocks and then the fire dept had took two hook and ladders and, from opposite sides of the hiway they stretched out those ladders and bridged the road with the tips touching. Then they hung two humongus Stars and Stripes side by each from the tops of the ladders.

It was the damndest thing I can remember, riding that last mile with that boy and passing under Old Glory like that. I'm gettin the shivers right now reliving it.

Be thankful every single day. This here is the best damn country that is or ever was, warts and all.

Pop....that would have been quite a sight to see indeed...glad to hear he got such an honor...doesn't even come close for the sacrifice, but it most likely helped the family some.......my girlfriend's son has been to afghanistan, and back, but will be going to Iraq soon for 7 months.....

Tell your buddy I said Semper Fidelis, and thank him for his service. For me, I will always be proud of the Scarlet and Gold, and of my country, and I will salute every one of my band of brothers for their dedication to the American way of life, and the flag that represents her. by the way, it was a pleasure meeting you at Branson, Devil-Dog. Hope to ride with you one day!

Edited by kcchief

Tell your buddy I said Semper Fidelis, and thank him for his service. For me, I will always be proud of the Scarlet and Gold, and of my country, and I will salute every one of my band of brothers for their dedication to the American way of life, and the flag that represents her. by the way, it was a pleasure meeting you at Branson, Devil-Dog. Hope to ride with you one day!

It was a real pleasure meeting you and yours kc... already looking forward to the next time..

You can bet Ill pass it on.... Thanks for the thoughts.. :Cheers[1]:

Steve, Sorry about your bro. I watched the "Rolling Thunder" speeches on C-Span yesterday. It kinda gets under yer skin some of the things they were saying, given the folks who put their ass on the line did so without hesitation. The funding for finding MIA's has been cut when will their families have answers? Another study about Agent Orange has been commisioned (4th or 5th), when will they figure out the shit is killing people, when their all gone? Imagine if all the money that was spent on the studies was used for the betterment of those exposed to it? (And their childern)The VA hospitals have a 5 month waiting list for returnees from Afganistan and Iraq. My buddy Jim a retired first shit's son is on his third tour 2 Afganistan, 1 Iraq, as a Navy Corpsman. My hat's off to the kid, he has done more than his share, that's for sure. I flew back from Vermont last month out of Burlington to DC and sat with a kid who had his face messed up pretty bad returning to Walter Reed after his first pass home after being wounded. When I got on my next flight to return to North Carolina I looked out of the Aircraft and saw the Vietnam Memorial, and I thought, I hope not that many again.