Indian Motorcycle Community

Carolina custom cycles

Went back up to the dealer today to see how they are doing.  met the previous owner of Indian of Pittsburgh...nice guy...him and his staff are down helping Jack (new owner) to get setup with computer inventory, bikes, displays, etc.

I took 54 pictures of the shop and it is only about half complete with much much more stuff yet to be displayed.

Here is a link to the pictures which I will be adding titles and info soon Carolina Custom Cycles Pictures

Here is a link to their webpage which is still under construction...be sure to check out the work of AJ, one of the leading (some think the best) custom artists in the nation...who is now part of the business at Carolina Custom.

Carolina Custom Webpage

I saw nearly thirty Indians, BigDog, Texas Chopper and others....they have Linear Steel, all the IMC Billet Stuff, Indian Raingear, indian leather, indian shirts, doorages, boots, cold weather gear, seats...you name it.  They have a new 2002 custom Chief with Sidecar that was custom built for Indian Dealership in Pittsburgh and is now for sale there....plus a bike built for Pittsburgh Steelers with all the teams signatures on it.  Check them out... :wave:

Great pics! It,s nice to see there are still a few dealers left going strong :nod:

The dealership where i bought my bike is doing well to. Indian of Stratford CT.

They have alot of goodies and quite a few bikes in the showroom.

Jay

Went back up to the dealer today to see how they are doing.  met the previous owner of Indian of Pittsburgh...nice guy...him and his staff are down helping Jack (new owner) to get setup with computer inventory, bikes, displays, etc.

I took 54 pictures of the shop and it is only about half complete with much much more stuff yet to be displayed.

Here is a link to the pictures which I will be adding titles and info soon Carolina Custom Cycles Pictures

Here is a link to their webpage which is still under construction...be sure to check out the work of AJ, one of the leading (some think the best) custom artists in the nation...who is now part of the business at Carolina Custom.

Carolina Custom Webpage

I saw nearly thirty Indians, BigDog, Texas Chopper and others....they have Linear Steel, all the IMC Billet Stuff, Indian Raingear, indian leather, indian shirts, doorages, boots, cold weather gear, seats...you name it.  They have a new 2002 custom Chief with Sidecar that was custom built for Indian Dealership in Pittsburgh and is now for sale there....plus a bike built for Pittsburgh Steelers with all the teams signatures on it.  Check them out... :wave:

sounds like they need to be a Warpath dealer. you know someone there Brock? ???

I have used the wrench from the first day I got my bike...he sold his Indian dealership to this guy but was hired on as his senior mechanic...and does ALL THE INDIAN work.

I met the owner a couple times...Jack.  His wife is a MD I believe since she attended MUSC here in Charleston.  Seems like a great guy but they all do at first.  He does not ride Indians..rides HD and will ride some BigDogs around town he says...so not sure he really is into the Indians that much especially if he is removing the fender lights when he adds custom paint.  I do know he has dropped a bunch of coin...

I sent him a list of all our vendors yesterday with links to webpages....so I would cold call him or if you like I can help you out after daytona.  let me know if you want me to do something for ya...

This is a message from 99 bigcheif reading the letter about pittsburgh indian.  What is up with selling the Pittsburgh Steeler bike when I bought a $50.00 raffle ticket and all the money was suppose to go to breast cancer in Pittsburgh.

The fat blond bitch dyke that owns Pittsburgh Indian gives other bike shops a bad name because she is a theif and a bitch.  And I have proof about the ticket.

This is a message from 99 bigcheif reading the letter about pittsburgh indian.  What is up with selling the Pittsburgh Steeler bike when I bought a $50.00 raffle ticket and all the money was suppose to go to breast cancer in Pittsburgh.

The fat blond bitch dyke that owns Pittsburgh Indian gives other bike shops a bad name because she is a theif and a bitch.  And I have proof about the ticket.

tell us how you REALLY feel!

(holy crap :ooh2: )

i will definately ask the question when i go there next...if you want.  If they raffled a bike and it was not sold back to them....then I will ask

Carolina Custom Webpage

sounds like they need to be a Warpath dealer. you know someone there Brock? ???

you call them yet Dale...hope it works out.

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo that's where all the goodies from the "WASHINTON, PA" Indian dealership went to!!!!! :(  :(   Man, it was really weird seeing all that stuff down there.  Thanks for all the pics!

A lot of the bikes pictured were originally at Washington Indian which was another shop that was owned by the same people (McKean auto family) that originally opened "PITTSBURGH INDIAN" a few years ago.

The Washington Indian shop closed its doors this past January (04) after only being open for a year.

Too bad cause it was a really nice facility... loaded with all kinds of goodies for both bikes and bikers.  My wife loved to shop there.  Bought all kinds of Indian MC clothing, jeans, a couple of rainsuits, etc, etc.  

It also had a great parts & service department with knowledgeable and friendly staff and certified MC mechanics.

This was the place I purchased my '03 Scout (Springfield Edition) from.

I was very disappointed that it closed.  It was much closer to where I live.  The Pittsburgh shop is on the other side of the city Pittsburgh and a hassle to get to compared to where the Washington shop used to be.

Guess you have to be used to "disappointment" to be an Indian owner.

I know I ought to be glad that the Pittsburgh shop is still open.  Even though practically all of the inventory of bikes and stuff from the Washington, PA went "south" the Pittsburgh shop still has quite a few Indian MC's and lots Indian clothing & goodies.  

Also, they have just become a dealer for American Iron Horse and Big Dog so it looks like they plan to stay with the MC business...  even though IMC has gone on to the "happy hunting gounds"!!!! :sleepy:

I heard that the person who won the bike did not want the "steeler" sheetmetal so it was swapped with another bike.

TRUE???????????? ??? Who knows for sure????

Squaw may speak with with forked tongue!!!!

brock and I rode up there yesterday and its a pretty nice place but I was too irritated to enjoy myself. my damn starter clutch went out, brock and ginger ended up push starting me the rest of the day. but thats another story.

like I said I realy liked the place and one of the wrenches (marty) I have known for many a year so I know of one wrench there I would let work on my bike.

we may go back this coming weekend to get some of the clothing they have on sale. ginger was telling me about the clothing this morning. 40% off on alot of it and quality material too.(she didn't want to say too much to me yesterday)

only thing I didn't like is the butchering of indians in the name of costom paint. most likely to catch the eye of the rubs.

if ya want an indian you want an indian. not a half breed like they had on the floor. just didn't like that.

but all in all it was a nice place and friendly folks.

I have talked to Jack (the owner) several times in the last week and they are willing maybe even desperate to make some deals (except for Indian oil filters which were 15.00+tax+shipping) and I made a $300.00 purchase from them...I had inquired about a Jean Jacket at the beginning of the phone call and it was 115.00, by the time I hung up he was down to 59.00 for it...They seem like nice people...Phone # is 803-359-4864...

If I had the cash, I would go for that sidecar setup...

Archived