Indian Motorcycle Community

***pork chops***

:moped: We got alittle snow yesterday...about 10 inches!!!

anyway, on the way home I plow acouple drive ways...mostly 1/2 to 3/4 mi drive ways,...did a half doz.@ $50. a crack...I stop at this little mom & pop store fer a SODA, N they ask if I'll plow,..N how much...I tell'm I'm NOT really out ta make $$$, I'm on my way home ta eat.(being up since 4 A.M.)Pop tells Mom she's gotta shovel.....! so I said I'ld do it...I get done,..N MOM brings out a WHOLE plate of BBQed PORK CHOPs!!! what a mess,   I made in my NEW 250 SUPER DUTY :cppl1

Good thing she didn't give you corn on the cob and cole slaw for side dishes. Sure hope you got leather. Being a road mechanic I can appreciate eating a good meal while driving. My favorite is cold spagetti out of tupperware bowl!

That's what I need to do... get a plow for my Suburban.  Hmmn.  How long would you figure it would take to make back the $$$ in getting one installed before I started seeing a profit?

Of course, we haven't seen that much snow here.  This year.

That's how I kept gas in my Ski-Doo in high school in New York, my Gramps' guys had been taking turns plowing out the little Red&White store, one-room Post Office, and the Volunteer Fire Dept for 20 years, I took over and would plow them before the school bus came. Got a key to the gas pump, and to the Fire House (they had a reeeel nice pool table in there) Ford 8N with a big-bore kit, Wagner loader, tire chains and a 55 gal drum full of old Reo cylinder heads on the hitch for traction :laughlong:

That's what I need to do... get a plow for my Suburban.  Hmmn.  How long would you figure it would take to make back the $$$ in getting one installed before I started seeing a profit?

:idea31: I bought the truck fer 28Gs, N the plow cost another $3500.,.....N if I never use it, i'ld be happy...!?! but being in Michigan,..N having a place (cabin) @ the tip of the mitt (Gaylord) yer a fool ta think you can live with out 1...

besides             a fella's gotta have TOYs...........

:bthumb:

:idea31: I bought the truck fer 28Gs, N the plow cost another $3500.,.....N if I never use it, i'ld be happy...!?! but being in Michigan,..N having a place (cabin) @ the tip of the mitt (Gaylord) yer a fool ta think you can live with out 1...

besides             a fella's gotta have TOYs...........

:bthumb:

Hells bells, I gotta 450 Deere with a 6way ta push back the piles, a Brigadier with a 10' blade to just say no to da snow, A CJ with a six footer for touchin up the nooks and crannies. My wheeler has a 4 footer and a calcite spreader for the paths and we keep a 12 horse snowblower on cattracks just to keep the deck clear. That about takes care of my yard. The neighbors wanta git to the mailbox, let 'em shovel.

Toys hell, we ain't playin. This here is all out war, and while I can hold my own on the snowfront, this 20 below shit is kickin my butt. The boys down at the local icehouse been workin OT in the 15 degree freezer ta keep warm.

I'm runnin furnace full tilt and luggin wood to the stove steady just about gets the shop where yer breath don't break off and fall on yer foot. It was so damn chilly today, I almost didn't tinker on the scooters. Almost.

Yeah, I hear ya Dave. Thing is, first time she divorced me wuz over draggin a knuck into the parlor and that was a second story walkup.

Still, I could fit the lift right in the hole where the Fridgidaire is in the kitchen. Sure won't be needin that to keep the steaks froze. Naw, come ta think of it, that won't work. If the power goes down, we'll need the fridge to keep stuff from freezin.

Ya know, up here in The Granite State we got more scooters per capita than anywhere else in the good old USA. It's freaky shit like this cold snap (Canadian dudes, y'all really are a buncha hardasses) that feeds the hunger. Whenever it's a summer day and I'm shootin down my lane on the Chief I ain't thinkin about how much plowin I did to keep it open all winter, but whenever I'm plowin I'm thinkin how righteous it's gonna be rumblin down the hill come ridin season. Hmmm, mebbe daydreamin is the reason I keep slammin the blade into that break in the stone wall halfway down the driveway.

Archived