Indian Motorcycle Community

01-11-2004

40 degrees , clear streets ...STILL putting !!!!! :moped:  :moped:  :moped:  :moped:  :moped:

Just pulled her in garage, I saw one other person riding, and it was a blonde gal on a Sporty. Life is good sometimes !

40F and raining last weekend here in Sacramento. I was the only biker on the road, wimps. My riding limits are 35F, high winds AND rain, and thick fog. There is nothing finer than my Chief. Even my Porsche and Sporty have been seriously neglected. What are your limits?

40F and raining last weekend here in Sacramento. I was the only biker on the road, wimps. My riding limits are 35F, high winds AND rain, and thick fog. There is nothing finer than my Chief. Even my Porsche and Sporty have been seriously neglected. What are your limits?

16 degrees is about as cold as can stand it here. How much salt is put on the roads is another factor as to when can ride. I have ridden in snow, sleet and freezing rain .......but was caught out in it , didn't leave the house to ride in it. As long as I can see pavement I still ride !!!!

I am riding this morning so I guess my new limit is 33 degrees with it getting up to 58 by afternoon.  No chaps yet but they are on the way...so I just got to tough it another day or two.

If it is raining hard or there is frost/black ice on the road then I will NOT RIDE but then one morning everything seemed fine until I started noticing ice melting on bridges and highway grooves about 20 miles into my 32 mile journey...by that time it would have melted all the way by the time I got back home so I kept going and slowed down considerably.

Have no problems riding in rain, high wind, etc if caught out in it...but wont go into on purpose.

Cold...well, as long as my legs and balls thaw out in an hour after work I am doing good.   :moped:  Not that bad though since I ride one hour each way to and from work...not just a putt...but a ride! :cppl1

same here near Dayton, Ohio...about 30, doesn't matter if its raining, or what...I'd find it anyway. I too don't like riding in salt caked streets, and that is more of an issue than any other...then again, my ride to work is almost an hour...

:blues: Rode in 17above, got to have chaps. Hate salt, fog, riding in rain if its cold and payement that is just starting to thaw and oils start resurfacing. Took a scooter skid few weeks back, road looked dry and clear but it was warming up from freezing night before. Making right turn, Rear wheel went left and kept going left, could not counter steer, bike went down on my right leg, slid about 10-12 feet, chaps saved my skin. I was on the Spirit, Chief was home in the barn, needless to say Spirit is in need of some painting and patching :cry:

Northern Riders will ride in any weather it ain't noth'in but a thang...:moped:  :rasp:...Catfish

I am riding this morning so I guess my new limit is 33 degrees with it getting up to 58 by afternoon.  No chaps yet but they are on the way...so I just got to tough it another day or two.

If it is raining hard or there is frost/black ice on the road then I will NOT RIDE but then one morning everything seemed fine until I started noticing ice melting on bridges and highway grooves about 20 miles into my 32 mile journey...by that time it would have melted all the way by the time I got back home so I kept going and slowed down considerably.

Have no problems riding in rain, high wind, etc if caught out in it...but wont go into on purpose.

Cold...well, as long as my legs and balls thaw out in an hour after work I am doing good.   :moped:  Not that bad though since I ride one hour each way to and from work...not just a putt...but a ride! :cppl1

Brock,

Rode to work last week, 26deg. Everything was ok, cold but ok, except my fingers. I think with better gloves it could be okay it's going to get into the 50's. But with the gloves I got I think it's gonna have to be above 32 before I ride in in the morning from here on out.

Stu

F#@*%$* 10 degrees below zero here this morning aint ridin nutin but a cage in this weather!! :banghead:  :angry:

yup, i love California. :eyebrow:

I dunno, I'm kinda depressed- haven't ridden since 11:00 PM :laughlong:  :rasp:

F#@*%$* 10 degrees below zero here this morning aint ridin nutin but a cage in this weather!! :banghead:  :angry:

yup, i love California. :eyebrow:

California is allright if you can handle the Mudslides...Wild Fires...and Earthquakes...Eeeeeek.gif

I'll take the Cubans...Swamps...and Hurricanes of So. FLA...Scratch-Head.gif

Well maybe Sumday...Idea.gif

Junior!!Yeahh.gif

Last time I rode to work, it was 32 degrees.  My fingers froze and I still don't have a better pair of gloves... have decided that maybe no riding under 40 deg.  Rain and the Chiefie don't come out to play.  

Severe weather and I trade the 77 firebird for the 64 C-10 !

:moped:

I left South Florida in 1988 and moved here to Tennessee....sometimes I wonder why, and then I visit my Granny and all the traffic, rude people and humidity remind me why I left...I love it here in Tennesee....sure it gets pretty cold at times, but at least you have a 4 seasons here...in Naples, Florida where I was born you only have 2 seasons...wet and dry.....the people are so friendly here too...never looked back!!  My limit is 33 degrees, but only if it's not real windy...cuz we have a lot of humidity here...wind makes it feel colder.  One day last winter I rode to work when it was 25 degrees....but it really was a nice still day... :)

:(  ???  :(  :veryangry: OK, so you are all spoiled.  Have the Chief in the garage.  Took it out for the last time about a week before Christmas.  The snow is here to stay.  We had temperatures of +10 C, but the roads are not clear enough for riding.  I'm patiently waiting for riding season.  Be safe out there.

• 3 months later...
Had to update this one .......was 80 today and looking good for a few days now.....sorta takes the challenge out of riding now though......  Cya'll in Branson!!!

Yep... 80 Degrees for two days in a Row Cummin up...Greenbounce.gif

California Dreamin???Ask.gif

Junior!!Yeahh.gif

Archived