Welcome to the Indian Motorcycle Community

Welcome to the Indian Motorcycle Community.
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Add pictures of your bike to our community Garage
If you have any questions please send us an e-mail at admin@indianmotorcyclecommunity.com
Guest Message by DevFuse
- - - - -

Dealer news

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_harrisburgindian_*

Guest_harrisburgindian_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:39 PM

Anybody know what happened to Sam's Cycle in Kentucky. I just bought a load of bikes(10) and some of the MSO's had his name on them. Some had Sam's Cycle and the others had American Motorcycle on them. Just curoius if anyone knows.

#2 Guest_ikonboard

Guest_ikonboard

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:44 PM

The Sam's Cycle Webpage now points to KeyboardMotorcycleShipping.com - A Subsidiary of Keyboard Carriage Corp.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

#3 Guest_ikonboard

Guest_ikonboard

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

The Sam's Cycle Webpage now points to KeyboardMotorcycleShipping.com - A Subsidiary of Keyboard Carriage Corp.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

They claim to be "The Primary Shipper for Indian Motorcycles."

How is that when there are no Indians to ship??

#4 fungus

fungus

Advanced

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
  • Interests:Ridin..what else is there ?
  • What I ride:2000 Chief - Red / Black

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:56 PM

one of the fellows from the Cincy IRG (Warren Allen ) has bought 2 bikes from them...as far as I know, they are stil open. Warren was talking about them this past weekend at the benefit run for Dan Lewis ( founder of Cincy IRG, and how I got to know Chuck, and several other local riders). I think Wareren was planning on coming up this weekend for Chuck's benefit...if they are there, I'll ask him about the #, and what is going on with them. Waren swears by them, but I've heard others had problems with his stuff( wide tire kit).....

#5 Guest_ikonboard

Guest_ikonboard

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:06 PM

one of the fellows from the Cincy IRG (Warren Allen ) has bought 2 bikes from them...as far as I know, they are stil open. Warren was talking about them this past weekend at the benefit run for Dan Lewis ( founder of Cincy IRG, and how I got to know Chuck, and several other local riders). I think Wareren was planning on coming up this weekend for Chuck's benefit...if they are there, I'll ask him about the #, and what is going on with them. Waren swears by them, but I've heard others had problems with his stuff( wide tire kit).....

Yep, one of his unhappy customers...
Posted Image

But once Ray got it all put together he ended up with one of the sweetest Scout's out there!!

#6 jaycox

jaycox

Advanced

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Interests:My Family, My Job, My Bike
  • What I ride:2015 Indian Chieftain

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:51 AM

I bought my Scout from them and I can only speak for myself but John Lewis did me right, was streight forward, gave me full book on my trade in off only pictures.
Jay A. Cox
Arlington Texas
IIRA#43000027
Vice President Quanah Tribe Iron Indians

#7 fungus

fungus

Advanced

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
  • Interests:Ridin..what else is there ?
  • What I ride:2000 Chief - Red / Black

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:33 AM

They treated Warren really well too...got him hooked up with Branscomb Richmond, and clan at several rides...I personally have not had any contact with them..only know what I've heard...from both sides of the fence. They did  some really cool custom work on Warren's '02 Chief he bought. It looked really nice.

#8 Guest_kycochise_*

Guest_kycochise_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:16 PM

:bomb:
I just went down to Sam's yesterday to check it out.
The showroom is completely empty and a sign on the doors saying "closed to further notice".
Not sure what happened. I asked one of the locals in town, and he said he heard Sam sold out to somebody.
Very sad day.......Sam was great to work with and I loved his place. ONLY place I trusted to work on my Indian without getting ripped off.
First IMC, and now Sam's......... :banghead:
If IMC doesn't come back strong, I may keep my "Geezerglide", and sell my Spirit and Scout :(

#9 Guest_ikonboard

Guest_ikonboard

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:03 PM

Why not keep all three, if you havent noticed theres quite a few members of the IIRA now , many of whom are excellent mechanics themselves . As a novice , I've learned alot from these guys , and will continue to learn , but then I will always own my Spirit , I will not sell or waiver the brand!

#10 warpath

warpath

Novice

• Basic Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:custom bikes & cars ,bodybuilding, native american music,stompdancing/pow-wow dance ,native american ceremonial religion
  • What I ride:2001 custom scout

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:06 AM

:bomb:
I just went down to Sam's yesterday to check it out.
The showroom is completely empty and a sign on the doors saying "closed to further notice".
Not sure what happened. I asked one of the locals in town, and he said he heard Sam sold out to somebody.
Very sad day.......Sam was great to work with and I loved his place. ONLY place I trusted to work on my Indian without getting ripped off.
First IMC, and now Sam's......... :banghead:
If IMC doesn't come back strong, I may keep my "Geezerglide", and sell my Spirit and Scout :(

i bought a set of scout triple trees a while back from john lewis who was part owner in sams cycle , seems as sam and his wife were going their seperate ways and looks like the indian shop went also! what a shame ! they were a great parts source for the south!

#11 01Spirit

01Spirit

Novice

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Riding .<br />Scuba diving<br />Hiking.<br />Collecting antiques and oddities.<br />Custom sewing/Upholstery'Window Coverings/Awnings
  • What I ride: 2001 Indian Spirit 2006 Fatboy

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:32 PM

We rode down there about a week ago.Some friends had ordered some parts for their new chief and  after 2 months still hadn't received them and since we took them down there we wanted to know what was up.
No bikes in the shop. We stopped at a local cafe for lunch and talked to a few locals, one gal had just purchased a 4-wheeler from Sam a few weeks ago, she said he went bankrupt. The local "law enforcement" was also in the cafe and they confirmed he is out of business.

IIRA #14000005
Inaugural Member
Runswithscissors

#12 335

Super User

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts
  • What I ride:BLK ON BLK VINTAGE

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:35 AM

Hey 02 ya feel alright been to quiet latly

3299c58b-583e-426c-9571-92ddb046060e_zps6a5089a4-9a21-47bc-be0d-a39a4eca4d6f_zps